Listening to an entire album instead of individual tracks after the first or second listen

>listening to an entire album instead of individual tracks after the first or second listen

How many of you actually do this? The older I get the more I feel like this is a meme for NEETs who have way too much time on their hands.

nah this is because your attention span has been destroyed by the (((current year)))

What if it's all killer no filler?

I assume movies are too long for you too so you have to skip through that too

Name three albums like this.

They fucking lied this album is shit

Why? It's not about albums that I think that have no skippable tracks, it's about OP apparently thinking there's no album without skippable tracks

ITAOTS
Madvillainy
Songs of love and hate

>inb4 no ur opinion is wrong

>one 1-2-hour-long film created and experienced as a cohesive whole
>a dozen or so 3-6 minute songs that all function independently of each other, even if there is an overarching concept or theme tying them together

Yep yeah totally the same thing and not at all a false equivalency

>not knowing what a NEET is

what I'm saying is that there are simply not enough hours in a day between school, work, exercising, socializing/dating to dedicate to listening to full albums like everyone suggests on Sup Forums

Have you ever considered that maybe music just isn't your thing?

Well I walk a few miles a day between work and places so I've always just put on full albums while I go. Been doing it since I had my walkman

I mean the thing with music is that you can consume it while also doing other things.

"no"

if i wanna hear an album i just play it in the background while i do something else. if i lose interest in a song i skip track

So I'm guessing you also never watch TV, read books, play games, or watch movies either. Unless you do absolutely none of those things, it's not like you can't replace one of those things with an album. If you don't do any of those other things, I feel sorry for you because I work 45 hours a week and still find time for fun shit

I usually listen to full albums on my walk into work and my walk home

>So I'm guessing you also never watch TV, read books, play games, or watch movies either.

I haven't watched TV in two years, Only shit I read is the stuff that I'm forced to at uni, have completely skipped 8th gen gaming, and watch movies if it's netflix & chill, or going to the movies w/ friends once a month.

I do play guitar though, and I barely have time for that either, but that honestly takes priority of listening to music. I just can't justify listening to it most of the time when I could be recording my own. I guess I'm just fucked tbqh, thanks for the insight.

yes

How about instead of shitposting on Sup Forums you listen to an album

>a dozen or so 3-6 minute songs that all function independently of each other, even if there is an overarching concept or theme tying them together
>Yep yeah totally the same thing and not at all a false equivalency
I'm sorry for your artificially shortened and inhibited attention span. Concept albums exist as well. Ballets? Operas? Oh, but those take too much attention and time.

there are some albums i have to listen to in one sitting because of either the quality or the concept.

I always listen to whole albums. Mind you, I'm a proggy geek.

It's about enjoying the feel of the album. That's the artist's representation of that period of their life when they recorded that record. It's like when you look back at a different time in your life from years ago, that you remember feeling distinctly different, for better or worse. It's potent, at least for me- and an album as a whole is a lot like that- a summation of many feelings. Putting yourself in that feeling is what I like.

patrician
I have a 2 hour commute everytime I go to university and it's a perfect time to listen to at least 2 albums or 1 double album

It depends.

I usually only go back to tracks I like, but Some albums have songs that should be listened in order, like Mindcrime or American Idiot.

>It's about enjoying the feel of the album. That's the artist's representation of that period of their life when they recorded that record. It's like when you look back at a different time in your life from years ago, that you remember feeling distinctly different, for better or worse. It's potent, at least for me- and an album as a whole is a lot like that- a summation of many feelings. Putting yourself in that feeling is what I like.

I relate to your thoughts, even listening to albums which dont click. Reading about the artist,album,genre and the time of release immediately makes me appreciate it a lot. I cant honestly say an album is terrible now