How do you deal with tinnitus?

How do you deal with tinnitus?

>Gunshots and Fireworks
Freedom ringing is the small price to pay for liberty.

I'm so glad I don't have this.

Please God never let me get this.

I, honestly, will never take for granted the fact that I do not have tinnitus, unless/until I get it.

If the ringing is too loud then your music is too soft.

Avoid getting it in the first place. Wear earplugs in noisy environments like people operating chainsaws, jet engines, loud bands, etc.

By not being stupid enough to have it.

>Avoid getting it in the first place
If I knew that you can get it just from listening to a lot on music on headphones (not even loud) I wouldn't be in this position.

your brain kinda tunes it out after a while. if it's severe enough that you can never ignore it, that's probably because you're too dumb to look after yourself or were actually in some kind of accident

Hah, before I saw this thread I was just contemplating how I'll be hearing it for the rest of my life and that it isn't THAT bad.

I sleep with a fan on. If I'm at home during the day I'll play music on my soundsystem.

My job allows me to have headphones in most the day for music or podcasts (at a low volume now...) Lucky for me, the place I work has a loud a/c unit so without music or anything is still not dead silent.

White noise is basically the key to combating it.

It's literally just about having a good attitude about it.
I've had tinnitus for a long time, but only realized that it was tinnitus last year.
It's just an ambient sound, it can be comforting, like having an open window and listening to the crickets fucking and sucking each other outside on a hot summer night.
If the tinnitus isn't attached to any negative emotions, your brain focuses on more important shit and it gets blocked out for the most part.

>at a low volume now...
Yeah, but you also have to take into account the duration of the sound, it could still be damaging.
85dB for 8hrs rule can still lead to hearing damage for like 8% of people, so it's not fool proof.
When you lower the volume by 3dB you can listen for twice as long and have the same effect.

I have a very minor case of it. Once every few weeks I'll hear this distinct buzz for a couple of seconds and then it fades out. I remember the day I found out about it

>sitting at dinner table with friend
>"Hey do you hear a phone ringing across the street"
>"No, do you have tinnitus man?"
>"What?"

I forget about it, thanks for reminding me btw.

Tinnitus heals and that's actually what it is. Tinnitus is the sound of your brain healing to compensate for the auditory hairs that will never heal.

>My ears rang for days.

Yeah because it heals. If you stop triggering it then it will heal. Now that it's damaged, it takes a lot less to trigger it. So even simple things like tv can keep triggering it and keep it from healing.

Good to know. Any idea how to measure dB on an iPhone?

People adapt to living without arms and legs. Ear ringing isn't that big a deal. It's only bad at the start, eventually you get used to it.

I do hear very faint ringing but on the contrary my hearing is extremely good

>made the greatest music of all time while going through awful tinnitus and hearing loss

Stop being pussies.

>most people in this thread are talking about how it's not a big deal and how it fades over time

I'm not sure, there might be a Sound Level Meter App, but I don't know if it is able to convert it to what headphones are producing from the phone.

How about for PC?

>do all this shit.
>mainstream mastering fucks you up either way because loudness wars.
Get speakers and an attitude m8.

Not totally accurate.
There is temporary tinnitus and there is permanent tinnitus.
Tinnitus is the brain filling in sound at frequencies that correspond with the frequencies that aren't being stimulated.
Temporary hearing loss will lead to temporary tinnitus, permanent hearing loss leads to permanent tinnitus.
People can have permanent tinnitus and not notice it because they don't focus on it, or notice it for a time and find it distressing which makes it seem worse, and when they get used to it it seems like it went away because they don't think about it.
For tinnitus to physically go away, the hearing loss has to go away.

Loudness wars might be better for it because you can turn it down really low without the quiet parts becoming inaudible.

by not having it
i'm too lonely to go to shows

i can hear some ringing when i'm going to sleep but honestly it's quieter than my breathing

got tinnitus 1 month ago
cant focus for anything
there no cure for this

Think of it as high pitched drone music always playing in your head.

Probably around 50

Well I can really only speak to my personal experience and I definitely hear fluctuations corresponding to how much it's triggered. The less I trigger it, the less I hear the tinnitus and vice versa.

Depends on the person/severity.

I have tinnitus after a Swans concert from last year, the audiologist told me it'll go away in like 6 months or so, but I've also had a much quieter permanent tinnitus.

Some people get it from accidents. Maybe it heals for everyone, but many people live without seeing any improvement.

I think I was born with it because I don't remember ever not having it.
I thought everyone heard the same thing and I think the concept of complete quietness is weird.
It's normal for me so it doesn't bother me

Stress can make it worse, caffeine possibly, more noise can make it worse.
All incoming signals pass though the part of the brain that analyzes shit, and the brain figures out if it's important to focus on, or not. If not, no more attention is given to it, if it is then it's up front and center in your consciousness. People can become obsessed with it and attach a lot of fear and negativity which makes the brain keep it in that analytical stage as it thinks it may trigger a flight or fight response due to the emotions that have been attached to it. If one truly makes peace with it, it basically gets relegated down in importance and can seem to disappear, even though it's technically there.

listen to music

anybody have any experiences with noise makers to help you sleep?

Yeah, you just have to find the noise that suits you. Some people just sleep with the tv on, some just have the window open, some have music in earphones. I had pink noise at low volume and a gentle waterfall sound on top of that

>going to a concert tomorrow
>hear the band have pretty loud concerts
I've already bought some volume reducing ear plugs, but I'm still worried I'm going to get tinnitus. What do lads?

My nigga. Same exact situation.

Unless it's Sunn O))), you'll be fine from what I gather.

But if it's Sunn O))) you WILL get tinnitus.

i dont get why bands do this
when I saw swans it physically hurt without putting ear plugs in.

I just got used to it, the more you focus on it the worse it gets.
I sleep with a fan too but I was doing it before having tinnitus it's just autism

caffeine definitely makes it worse for me. Also weed for some reason

Tinnitus Terminator
It worked for me

reading this just gave me tinnitus

anyway to dael with tinnitus the answer is you have to forget it

>listens to music a lot on earbuds but pretty quiet
>somehow still ok
I’m not sure how I’ve gotten this far but I’m so grateful. I’m a musician too but solo and I almost never play live so that probably helps.

I have this too, that’s mild tinnitus? I thought that ears just rang like that occasionally

brush your teeth daily since infections are the number 1 reason people get tinnitus.

How loud is not even loud to you?

>have asthma
>already have tinnitus because of the medicine I take
I'm already used to it lol.

Fun fact: Aphex Twin made a song inspired by the tinnitus that asthma medicine causes. The song is named after the drug: 'ventolin' and has a high pitched ringing throughout the whole song

Nice

I've had it so long my brain ignores it. Played drums all day starting at 14 no ear protection because kids don't give a shit. Occasionally still forget ear plugs at rehearsal and regret it so much after.

>wfw the government doesn't want me to have two conversation in one day
>mfw hairdryers are off limits
>mfw can't have a conversation on a rainyday

Same here and I don't really get it. I've had the high pitched noise ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember.

>Rock concerts
>105 dB
What kind of limp-dicked rock concert tops out at just 105 dB?

probably soycore

swans gave me tinnitus

consider picking up some adderall

it's logarithmic scale you brainlet

Partially why I don't enjoy concerts. Mixing tends to be way off and you can't even hear a lot of elements well so what's the point of it fucking destroying your hearing.
That being said, I have a terrible habit of having my head phones real fucking load.

also a 40dB noise and a 60dB noise don't combine to create a 100dB noise

>doesn't understand irony
>t. brainlet

>irony

incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result

God damn, a gunshot is that close to the peak volume of an ipod? that's not good..

I've listened louder than an ipod will do on my computer

Man I can't remember the exact phrase but basically
>Irony is not clever or should even really be considered irony if it's not clear to the intended audience that you're being """'ironic"""

>listen to music at same volume as previous day
>one eardrum starts to resonate and hurt at certain pitches

am I broken?

you get used to it
I've had tinnitus longer than i can remember

>t. soyboy

nice quote faggot. not an argument.

>complaining about free drone music
pleb

Not boozing like a degenerate helps. It gets much worse when I drink so I'm considering quitting alcohol forever

I've been pretty careful with my hearing, but some ringing randomly started in my left ear over the weekend. I hope it's just an ear infection or something. I don't think I've been exposed to any loud sounds.

low volume, earplugs for events, try not to be where it's gonna be loud

tfw its been like ten years

>he's butthurt
It was a passing thought but okay duder

reminder high intakes of caffeine fucks with your tinnitus badly

>drink 2-3 cups of coffee
>tinnitus becomes 2-5 time louder

I've had tinnitus a year ago after i had a bad cold and it went away after a few months that i started living more healthy
A few months ago i had a bad cold again and it came back, hopefully it will go away by the summer as it did last time.

Oh also if i do the valsalva maneuver it goes away or gets really quiet, which is I guess it's some infection or something?

the second time you heard it(resonate in your ear) and the next day you wake up you ll get a hearing loss and then tinnitus will start

that how you ll get tinnitus