Is it bad I find this show funny?

Is it bad I find this show funny?

Its a fine show, but Arthur episodes are pretty shit. Usually not a funny character

I'm surprised that Carrie doesn't spent half the episode shouting "you fat fucking fuck Doug, why are you so fucking dumb, lose some weight you fucking retarded baby. Jesus you're so fat. I hope you die."

I wish they had aired the episode where Arthur has dementia and tries to fuck Carrie thinking she's his deceased wife.

It's one of the funnier sitcoms out there, actually. It's not as pretentious as Friends or Seinfelds (at times, since Seinfeld still can be quite funny with its dumb plots) because they don't look at a joke and repeat it five times.
Similiar to Married With Children, it's just dumb humour (especially the episodes with Spence and Arthur, or Spence and Danny), albeit mixed in with some generic family sitcom jokes.
It really is a neat show, though. It can be really stupid and that's when the show's writing shines through. Much better than Seinfeld at times because of this (although Seinfeld's episodes tend to be weirder and, thus, more interesting because of it).

Tragic that this show is the only proof that both Kevin James and Patton Oswalt can be funny.

Arthur is mental and an exeggerated version of his Seinfeld persona. Nothing wrong with that.

I was surprised that Larry Romano, who appeared in early episodes, is no relation to Ray Romano. Considering the crossover these two shows had I just assumed they were.

>tfw no Carrie wife

>that episode where Carrie tells Doug she thinks Deacon is hot

I'm not even joking.

>those episodes where Carrie becomes fat then suddenly becomes thin again and nobody says anything.

Is Carrie white or latina?

Imagine being Leah Remini in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Kevin James, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your barrel-shaped body and horrific concrete slab of a head. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all she really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Leah Remini and not only sit in that chair while Kevin James flaunts his absolutely flabulous body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his putrid lardrolls and poorly attached wig, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate his Herman Munster lookin fuckin visage but his immature attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, KEVIN JAMES LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his gormless fucking meathead contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blond skaterboys and Scientology abuse victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the projects in Brooklyn. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his bulbous, slimy stomachs as he sucks them in to writhe suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "strapping (for that is what he calls himself)" beauty, the beauty he worked so hard for by downing forty cheeseburgers a day in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room except Jerry Stiller before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Leah Remini. You're not going to lose your Operating Thetan level over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>friends
>pretentious

I explained it in my post. They take a somewhat funny joke and beat it to death

>Richie was a firefighter
>stops appearing in the show as of season 4
>which began airing September, 2001

White.

Thicc Carrie could get it, naw'm sayin.

>Her mother is of Austrian Jewish descent, while her father has Italian ancestry.

It's working class kino

that isn't being pretentious you spazz

One of my favorite sitcoms. It's far better then Seinfeld, because the characters are believable everyday people, not goofy looking psychos like Kramer or le ebin stand up comedian.

8/10

>pretentious
>characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved
Self-importance, basically. Beating a joke to death because they thought it was soo funny they repeat it, making it way too important and boasting their ego through it.

I'd say it is, mate-o. But who cares

MY EYES ARE GETTIN WEARY

how old is Arthur if he was in WW2?

dropped

As someone who had to live with an uncle just as annoying a her stepdad I felt his pain every time I watched the show. It was cathartic in a way.

When did this show start going down hill?

It didn't. It ended at the right time.

Are you saying Richie was a muslim terrorist?

Shit show, but good for a tug.
See also: pic related

Meh, preferred the daughter. Would love to have destroyed her big round blubbery arse

Hold on, are you saying that Richie's real name was Mohammad Atta?

It's legitimately a great show

>Doug will never write you a love song

>that episode where Carrie has pity sex with Spencer behind Doug's back

She had to keep her apartment where she fucked deacon a secret somehow

My favorite sitcom of all time, very underrated.

Do people usually hate it? I find it funny most of the time. Solid show

The backstory inconsistencies trigger me.

So I guess you don't watch the Simpsons, whose backstory changes year on year?

>it's a "Carries is so pregnant and fat that the writers have to hide her behind a desk" episode

She was pregnant.

Anyway. This was unironically my favorite show of the 90s. Like user up there said, a comedy and a fap.

> Doug and friends rent the Chinese apartment
> Carrie blows up
> Carrie has secret Manhattan apartment for years
> everything went better than expected