All that information left out of the movies just so they could put it in a book

>all that information left out of the movies just so they could put it in a book

How the hell do people say the extended canon isn't important when episode 7 feels so incomplete without reading the novels?

Like, it bothers me even as someone who DOES read the books. Why the hell did Disney think it's okay to leave out things like explaining who the first order and the resistance is, just so it can be explained in a novel? Completely unfair to people who just wants to watch the films

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zygerrian
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Please buy my book

nobody will sit and watch a 5 hour movie.

They could have made the opening crawl a minute longer and had the exact same effect

>series uses zhe, zher pronouns

aftermath isn't canon

Yea we all know it's a garbage book by a garbage writer. Doesn't make it any less canon.

desu it's not as bad in the book as you would think. The character only gets attention for less than a minute and it's supposed to be a super foreign alien so it almost makes sense in the context of star wars
either way, you are thinking of the sequel. Not this book

Got a problem with my canon, user?

that rhymed

>“If you’re upset because I put gay characters and a gay protagonist in the book, I got nothing for you,” Wendig wrote. “Sorry, you squawking saurian — meteor’s coming. And it’s a fabulously gay Nyan Cat meteor with a rainbow trailing behind it and your mode of thought will be extinct.”

>“You’re not the Rebel Alliance. You’re not the good guys. You’re the f****** Empire, man. You’re the s*****, oppressive, totalitarian Empire. If you can imagine a world where Luke Skywalker would be irritated that there were gay people around him, you completely missed the point of Star Wars. It’s like trying to picture Jesus kicking lepers in the throat instead of curing them. Stop being the Empire. Join the Rebel Alliance. We have love and inclusion and great music and cute droids.”

Chuck "Buy my book or your a bigot" Wendig!

Daily reminder that book has gays, lesbians, transgenders, and uses the zhe/zer pronoun extensively.

Make way, far superior Star Wars film tie-in coming through.

What exactly is "oppression" anymore?

Wrong fucking book, retards

Who here Catalyst/Tarkin/Lords of The Sith masterrace?

Fuck the rest of the nu-canon. These are all you need.

I don't remember their being any tranies. Just a lot of gays. With two of them not actually being in the book.

Also the book is about a mother who abdons her son to live with her lesbian sister so she can be a women in the military. Current Year The Book!

What happened to my beloved star wars? why did they have to turn it into a leftist wankfest?

Lords of The Sith is fucking awesome!

I wonder if Belcor and Krenic were friends. :)

She's mentioned offhandidly for like two lines in Catalyst. I don't think they knew each other.

Why lie on the internet? You could have just told the truth and gotten the same outraged reaction, but at least wouldn't have lost any of your credibility

>transgenders
wrong
>zhe/zer pronoun extensively

extensively? Its one character who shows up a single time, not even involved with the main story.

Also as the other user said, if you knew fucking anything at all you would at least know thats in the authors OTHER book. Its still fucking retarded, but not as fucking retarded as you are

Fuck, I meant the lesbian moff chick. Not Belkor. Fuck Belkor.

The fans chose him over Lucas. That's what happened.

What's the matter, Chuck? Sales not up to expectations. Go shill your shitty books somewhere else. Sup Forums is a Luceno/Kemp/Zahn masterrace board.

Okay, glad I boycotted this guy. The seaquel is apparently worse.

DEPORT

You seem to be missing the point that I think the book is a piece of shit. I just know better than to lie about it for no reason

Kek.

Lost Stars, where one of the characters you meet in the book dies in the Death Star, casting some shade on Luke. Also it has sex.

Love this book

But star wars is escapism
and i want to escape gay people

Is it part of the nu-canon?

Morrs is best space lesbian. Good character.

Yes

I like her because the book feels like a big fuck you to the other sjw writers in a weird way.

The narrative is supposed to be "the evil white supremacist trump-supporting empire" vs the "good multicultural rebellion", and then this book goes and gives us a female lesbian evil Imperial officer.

They could have cut some of the quips to explain WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON

Well Grey has a twitter if your curious about her politics but nothing is in your face like Wendigs book. As far as agenda pushing goes it's definitely more apolitical then Wendigs book. Nothing bashing men and wile the Empire is portrayed as being Nazis they show that not everyone who works for them is bad. In fact one of the characters is killed in the Death Star, and it makes you think about all the people Luke killed.

>young adult fiction

Lol.

You are insecure

I would

Nu canon is shit. I'd rather read again Thrawn Trilogy or even Drew Karpyshyns flicks, but not this epic shit.

>You’re the f****** Empire, man
Star Wars badly needs some Pro-Empire storytelling.

The video game Tie Fighter did a bit of that and it was fucking awesome. I really wish they'd make a movie about how Sheev and Vader took out the trash and made the galaxy great again.

Zahn has a new Thrawn novel coming out in a few months.

Give Catalyst and Lords of the Sith a chance. Both are really good.

>want to escape gay people
>put in movie that features a gay robot prominently

A book about an Imperial officer hunting down and stamping out some Saw Guerra-type terrorist rebels would be good. Something like Zero Dark Thirty, but set in Star Wars.

>Zahn has a new Thrawn novel coming out in a few months.

This is probably the only reason I give a fuck about Nu Canon

Anybody got more cool art like this?

>nu male who can't even write in the proper tense
>turns Star Wars into his leftist gay, body positive dominant female paradise

Admittedly, his "former imperial officer/mercenary who just happens to be gay" is a pretty cool guy, but I refuse to read anything else he writes, it's disgusting.

>How the hell do people say the extended canon isn't important when episode 7
Because it isn't, and it's filler unnecessary to the movie and the information within the book was not considered when the movie was created.

It's essentially irrelevant fan fiction written after the script by a 3rd party.

>Why the hell did Disney think it's okay to leave out things like explaining who the first order and the resistance is,
AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>can-nan
>ay-non

>Doesn't make it any less canon.
Why do NuEU autists think that canon is equivalent to "important."

Darth Maul, Ashoka and their helicopter blades are canon too, but all of those this are too stupid to ever show up in a movie or even for a movie to acknowledge their existance.

>It’s like trying to picture Jesus kicking lepers in the throat instead of curing them

is he saying that jesus would cure gays instead of kicking them?

>former imperial officer/mercenary who just happens to be gay
I don't have a problem with this, just like in real life, but I fucking hate it when liberals have to shove 20 fags, 15 dykes, and don't forget the token tranny into everything and making it so explicit. It's obvious agenda pushing and gets annoying

I always though that Anakin's dream about becoming a Jedi and freeing the slaves would have been a great task for young vader. They already wrote ep 2 and 3 so it's kind of too late, but a plotline where the empire zealously cracks down on injustices and eventually turns evil would have been much more satisfying.

>We have cute droids

Now they start fucking Toasters. At this rate, how many years until incest and consensual loli become legal?

Everyone would you fucking shill. It would just make you kikes less money since there'd be less showings. If you, Disney, told everyone to watch a 5 hour Episode VII they'd do it.

>Darth Maul, Ashoka and their helicopter blades are canon too

Oh god

I remember Sup Forums defending that from hell to back lel

You literally don't get a single line in the movie about who the resistance is, the first order is, their motives, or their relation to the empire and the rebellion. Shit like this is crutial for why the first order has a super weapon, why they are attacking the new republic, etc. NONE of it is in the movie but its all covered in books.

What would you consider important?

Does the book explain the political situation?

Why is there still a "Resistance" if the Rebels won and there's a New Republic now? How does the First Order fund itself?

Maul and Ahsoka are easy to defend becasue at least they are cool

>kicking lepers in the throat
Is this a subtle reference to the leper who tried to give Eddie Kaspbrak a murderous blowjob? Did this fuckhead think IT was in the right in that scene?

>le one side is always bad and other always good

How pleb can you get? Swear to god 40k is less shit

It was executed terribly. The Zabrack Bounty Hunter asks if they could mate and gets offended when he doesn't. He then explicitly had to tell her he likes men. This after he told the mother about how he narked on his imperial boy-crush and got him killed because it was his job to narc on people.

i think the resistance is rebelling because the new republic isnt doing anything about the new order and/or wasnt really that much of a new republic, all the politicians were still the exact same

Sometimes

Rest of the time its just a wankfest over gender pronouns

Literally go on wookieepedia and youll learn more faster than reading that garbage

>Why is there still a "Resistance" if the Rebels won and there's a New Republic now?
Just because they blew up the Death Star and Palpatine's dead doesn't mean the Empire gave up. There's still remnants of the Empire fighting.

here I am writing an expanded universe story.

Chapter 1:

Darth Vader trains

Darth Vader uses the dark side to turn pain into power level, he also gets used to cyborg limbs and he gets progressively agiler He also tinkers with cyborg limbs thanks to his technical acumen and he imbues them with sith alchemy. Vader also summons the ghosts of ancient siths to train his fencing skills

Chapter 2: Darth Vader vs Jedi

Darth Vader is taking lessons from palpatine on politics and force power when 300 jedi attacks, Vader uses his new found skill to massacre 150 jedis. Some of them get destroyed by his improved dark side fencing, the others gets force crushed; vader force deflects a laser sword and uses it against its own owner killing him. Palpatine uses a spinning attack using force lightining to roast the other 150 jedi.

Chapter 3: Darth Vader and Palpatine vs obi wan

they fight for 3 hours and boba fett holds its own, then vader decides to hire him instead of fighting him because he is so badass. boba is unsure to win- he estimates he has only 60% chances of winning against the two of them and the garrison of royal guards and that it is more lucrative to join them- so he join them

Chapter 4: Vader palaptine and boba vs a planet of ancient jedi

the three kills them all

what do you think of my novel? I think it could be made into a movie

>quip is a short witticism by definition
>"they could have cut out half second remarks for explanations!!!"

They've already laid the groundwork for canonical furry yiffing

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zygerrian

Yes. Its all in the books.

Basically to sum it up in as little time as possible:

The rebels beat the empire and became the new republic. The empire broke a part and a small faction turned into the First Order. The New Republic and the First Order signed a treaty promising the First Order wouldn't create an army, a super weapon, or take over planets. The First Order then moved into uncharted territory of space and broke all the rules.

Mon Mothma trusted the First Order to the point where she thought it would be smart to disband the New Republics military. Meanwhile Liea knew better and that the First Order would try shady shit, so she formed The Resistance out of basically nothing to resist against the first order once they decided to make a military move. That is where episode 7 starts.

You want Bloodline for that.
It's written by the Lost Stars chick.

kek I thought the Resistance was the New Republic which is why I thought the movies were so retarded. Can Disney do anything fucking right?

It doesn't answer any questions people actually care about.

How did Kylo fall? Who is Snoke? Who is Rey? Why did Luke fuck off to an island?

The book is pointless, and all the answers people want will be in the next 2 movies, not some book, comic or video game.

reminder that this board is full of people unironically praising this shit

Is it just me or is the style way more cartoonish than clone wars?

Why can't they fucking stay in Sup Forums?

thats not Sup Forums

Holy shit its even worse than the clone wars cartoon

Cheaper budget. Lucas was pouring money into clone wars because he is rich as fuck, and the point of the cartoon was to grab kids and get them into the franchise, including the PT which he cared about.

Disney wants to make money on the cartoon, so it looks like shit. Plus they don't care about the prequels, so they made it about the OT to have an excuse to get Vader into it.

what's wrong with it? It was never positioned as an adult tv show

GO BACK TO Sup Forums FAGGOT

go back to Sup Forumseddit

uninteresting and contrived stuff, they were wise in removing it from the movie

Even after fixing the retarded "Zhe" nonsense this is still some of the worst writing I've ever seen in a published book.

Go back to suck co/ck/ pillowbiter

>Mon Mothma trusted the First Order to the point where she thought it would be smart to disband the New Republics military

You cant be serious

Why is this the only example people have of how "bad" this show is? I have never seen it, but is this really as bad as it gets?

bothans have existed since the first movie retard
if anything the nu-lore removed furrys as these guys originally stole the death star plans

Yea that's all movie stuff dude. They aren't going to reveal the trilogys twists in one of the tie-ins

>Don't care about the PT
Except the last two episodes took place on Genocis with functioning battle droids and during storm one of the characters says "Stupid sand, it gets everywhere"

The sand line from AotC has literally become "Its a Trap"

is there any list of star wars books of the nucanon online?

it's sometimes dull and too childish, but overall improves with every season

Don't worry, she's painted to be a dumb cunt for a reason. Mon Mothma is a retard in the new era and everyone including the other characters know it.

There is a scene in one of the newer books where leia straight up snaps at her and calls her the fuck out

So why waste time on EU if it will never be relevant to anything?

Yea it's on the wiki. There is also pic related which Sup Forums keeps mostly up to date. It's missing short stories and some reference books but that's it

>chuck wendig
aint that the "white men is the empire, you're not the rebels, you're the bad guys" man?

Who cares about cartoons though? It's pretty clear that the PT impact is negligent on the movies and that disney is focusing on OT pandering and movie forward.

Give it 10 to 15 years and the PT will be completely irrelevant.