Why do people hate this album so much? It's actually one of their best releases, easily a 8.5/10...

Why do people hate this album so much? It's actually one of their best releases, easily a 8.5/10. I've been listening to this album for about a month straight and keep discovering new things, the production on this record is great. Is this the ultimate pleb filter?

i cant listen to dg anymore cause mcride is black

This but unironically.

better than niggas on the moon imho

he is actually of Puerto Rican descent

nigger lover

>ego death at 3am, the album

user, you earned my approval for the day.

its the humanz of death grips

>actually one of their best releases
How?
>8.5/10
Doesn't mean anything
>keep discovering new things
Like?
>the production on this record is great
How?

>>actually one of their best releases
>How?
It takes what we call art to a whole different playing field intellectually.

>>the production on this record is great
>How?
The deep bass and the subtle baritones mixed with acoustic vocals outshine all of their other work

>why do most people think X?
>I, the enlightened objectivity user, am here to tell you it's actually Y
Just shut the fuck up.

>it takes what we call art to a whole different playing field intellectually
How? What is an intellectual playing field?
>outshine all their other work
What specifically about these qualities elevate it so definitively over other releases? You've merely listed qualities the work has, not how these qualities prove its supposed superiority.

Take off your ignorance helmet and stop being intellectually dishonest. I literally spelled it out for you.

Lol

>It takes what we call art to a whole different playing field intellectually.
>The deep bass and the subtle baritones mixed with acoustic vocals outshine all of their other work
You literally said nothing in those paragraphs. Hack.

>Is this the ultimate pleb filter?
no, that's Death Grips 2.0

It's weird - I didn't like this very much as an album, it was good but felt a little boring. Of course, speaking relative to what else DG has done, I don't think anything they've done is /bad/ so to speak, but anyway.

I just listened to it in full before jumping on Sup Forums to see this thread, and fuck, I loved it. Kinda funny. I don't know what it was, but it just seemed to work so well, I felt like I could really tell what they were going for. More experimental than NotM but slower, darker. It's very, very interesting. Idk what gave me this sudden realization though, but before that I was in the majority of people not being a huge fan of the album.

>on gp into dg 2.0
what a fucking way to close an album

Big house is their best song, there is no actual way to disprove this

Only retards thought Humanz was the best gorillaz album though.

Real niggas think GP is the best DG album.

*glass breaks*

I agree with you, but stop rating shit. You sound retarded and makes you harder to take seriously. I'm just telling you this because I care.

It's not that great. It has like 2 good songs. I'd rather listen to literally everything else they've made including Fashion Week and Interview. It's still a good album, though. It's basically for the more pop/hip-hop inclined listener where as I listen to DG for the more experimental stuff.

I'd had said GP was more on the experimental side though, Birds and Whatever I Want being two examples.