You now remember the XFL

You now remember the XFL

LOLI HAET ME

the what?

Too ding-dong diddly ahead of his time

>XFL

Did this involve scripted outcomes for yankball?

games were never scripted, but they did write promos for some of the players.

The NFL is literally turning into a version of what the XFL was supposed to be.

You mean the opposite of it, right?
>comissionner releases film with celebrations allowed in this semen slurping sport

>You know remember the USFL
>You know remember that our President owned the New Jerseys Generals
>You know remember Doug Flutie

Is doug flutie not supposed to be based?

Forget the picture

Well, he IS in those Dr Pepper commercials now...

dr p is based too

trump rescheluded the season so the league would be at the same time as the nfl which is why it went bankrupt. what a business genius

Soda power rankings?

OFFICIAL SODA POP POWER RANKINGS

1. Dr Pepper
2. Barqs Root Beer
3. Mountain Dew Baja Blast
4. Mountain Dew LiveWire
999999. other orange sodas

you now remember NFL Europe and its predecessor the World Football League

>what a business genius

You were simply too intelligent to become a billionaire or chancellor yourself. At least you can explain the world to us plebs here. Thanks bro.

It was a thriving league in Winter. When media said it could rival the NFL, Trump came, rescheduled it to be played in summer to force a merge and it went bankrupt.
>too intelligent to understand how dumb trump is

For me, it's the London Monarchs

>For me, it's the London Silly Nannies

It was a product of everything the late 90s and early 00s were about.

It would never work today.

I think my dad still has an xfl ball like in the picture. We used to play with it all the time when I was young.

McMahon was a genius.

Sports media never gave the XFL a chance because they were all in the NFL's pocket. The league hadn't played a down yet and it was just constant smear pieces from all angles to try and dissuade people from watching.

Objectively it was the best professional football league at the time. The NFL had just come off the lousy ravens/giants superbowl and was nicknamed the "no fun league." McMahon took the USFL concept of playing in the spring, and then temporarily unpussified professional football.

The production quality was astonishingly good, and proof of this is how the NFL basically adopted every innovation seen during XFL games in the years following the league's demise. Matt V. and Jesse Ventura were arguably the most listenable broadcast duo in pro football at the time as well. Anyone who says Madden & Summerall were iconic are only remembering the 80's, 90's if that.

Player quality... It was no better or worse than the CFL. Maddox won comeback player of the year and eventually a superbowl when he went to Pittsburgh. Jermaine Copeland raped the CFL record books. Marcus Crandell played for the Memphis Maniax in the spring, had a two month break, then went to the CFL and won the grey cup. Yo Murphy has a superbowl. Scott Milanovich (XFL's first draft pick) and Jim Barker (LAX head coach) both became grey cup winning coaches.

The "second rate players" meme is literally just a smear campaign from NFL-oriented outlets.

In it's current iteration, the CFL is very similar to how the XFL looked and played in 2001. Outlandish uni's, head-hunting allowed, lots of wide-open shit, similar overtime rules, no fair catch.

To be fair, he explains in Art of the Deal that he never really expected the league to be successful, he just wanted to sue NFL after it tanks for holding a monopoly.

XFL reboot when?