What does Sup Forums think of Requiem for a Dream?

What does Sup Forums think of Requiem for a Dream?
I thought it was pretty great.
Also,are any other Darren Aronofsky movies worth watching?

noah

Yea nigga Pi, Noah and Black Swan are all kino

>Also,are any other Darren Aronofsky movies worth watching?

All of them but Noah

AESH
TO
AESH

Noah was amazing

Pi is great too

Too over-the-top to take seriously

The only legitimately sad story was the old lady

Watched it the other night, wasn't a big fan of the cinematography and the main theme is too overplayed nowadays.
I get that the film was cutting edge for its time, but it doesn't really hold up to modern scrutiny. Reminds me of the matrix in a way; both are good films but they seem very outdated, and not in the way that makes classic movies good, but in a way that makes it seem campy and highlights it's shortcomings when compared to modern film.
I don't know, maybe it will be seen more favourably in a few decades when it's viewed by people who weren't alive when it was made.

Also it spent too much time on the mom and the couple's relationship in my opinion. All of the old lady's scenes seemed samey and repetitive. I'd be more interested in the dynamic between the black guy and his mom.

>Also,are any other Darren Aronofsky movies worth watching?
Pi, Black Swan, and The Wrestler are all kino, but Requiem is probably his best.

Check out Fountain and the Wrestler, those are the only ones of his I like ...

You'll only like it if you're a pathetic depressive piece of shit.

>Reminds me of the matrix in a way; both are good films but they seem very outdated, and not in the way that makes classic movies good, but in a way that makes it seem campy and highlights it's shortcomings when compared to modern film.
Sounds like you were exposed to memes before actually seeing the movies. I can see it being corny if you're used to the memes that these movies have generated. Sucks for the younger gen.

/thread

Just watch all his stuff though

I didnt like it, seemed like a prolonged pretentious antidrug ad but i guess im a pleb.Didnt like swan either probably because i watched perfect blue already before seeing it

I saw this movie when I was an edgy 16 year old and it was my favourite.

I used to get high and watch it, which in hindsight was not the effect they wanted.

23 now and tried to rewatch it but it was too over the top.

>I saw this movie when I was an edgy 16 year old and it was my favourite.

/thread

For me The Wrestler is tied with There Will Be Blood for best movie of the 2000s
>that ending

Not as depressing as everyone says it is, but it's worth watching once I guess

It was pretty good for its time really, like its decades Repoman or something.
Probably pretty dated

The Fountain is pretty good.

Some people think its pretentious, but I at least loved the music, liked how it was different, liked the cinematography and though Rachel Weiz was a qt 3.14

Its worth watching... but I have no desire to ever watch it again.

The wrestler is pretty great desu

Definitely worth watching. Even more so if you can relate to the subject at hand or know someone who can.

Most of Aronofsky's films are kino.

This, plus they reuse the theme song way too much during the film.