Should I see Billy and The Globalists on their new tour or are they not good live?

Should I see Billy and The Globalists on their new tour or are they not good live?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EMG9yWxtd9E
youtube.com/watch?v=oZrdRbwNnNg
youtube.com/watch?v=8aeKbOZC4Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=1wQVLdTxCFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S-A3pdDDvYY
spfc.org/songs-releases/song.html?song_type=1&song_display=||1|||||||1|0
youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxMXlZYbo
youtube.com/watch?v=7Rr7th61VOk&t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=EMG9yWxtd9E

Billy is based live

it's a reunion tour - no one knows how good or bad they'll be

was that an early version of everlasting gaze?

youtube.com/watch?v=oZrdRbwNnNg
legendary live

nah, this is
youtube.com/watch?v=8aeKbOZC4Lc

This might be your one and only chance to see Billy playing with both James and Jimmy. I doubt Jimmy is going anywhere but it's only a matter of time until Billy's relationship with James breaks down again.

can pumpkins even sell a decent amount of tix at those big arenas?

Don't give Soybased Egg Substitute Head and The Cucks any money

No, the song was already recorded and finished by the time they played that show.

They better. I'm hoping the tour goes international. I want to see them in Australia

You really underestimate how big they were in the mid 90s. If they had made Mellon Collie 2: More Sadness instead of Adore they might've become one of the biggest rock bands of the 90s. I think Adore is an underrated gem but it alienated most of their fans and derailed their popularity in the mainstream.

billy corgan, smiling politely

>have some of the biggest singles at the time
>completely change them live so your casual audience has no idea what they are
I get being artsy, but you don't see Metallica changing what Enter Sandman sounds like live. You keep your audience pleasers as is and fuck around with the rest of your material.

I know you're not really a Sup Forumstard but I still feel the need to point out that Billy Corgan is one of the few rockstars who isn't a bleeding heart lefty. He's an Alex Jones conspiracy theorist who supported Trump in the 2016 election.

What? So you think bad live performances derailed their popularity?

You sound like a non musican

yeah wtf cant support this asshole anymore. deleting every album i have of his, fucking racist prick. no wonder this fucker shaved his head all makes sense now.

I think the Adore era as a whole ruined their popularity. You don't stay as mainstream as Corgan wanted to be by refusing to play your first two albums, one of which had your biggest hit and the song people still know you by to this date.

bands generally don't stay that popular that long. I don't think any album short of an absolute masterpiece could have avoided the inevitable fate of a steep decline in popularity

>AN ARTIST DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME POLITICAL VIEWS AS ME?!
>WHAT A FUCKING MONSTER! I'LL NEVER SUPPORT HIM AGAIN!

Oh please, he came crawling back to his mid 90s sound the next cycle when he noticed dead audiences and poor sales. By then it was too late

I think Billy Corgan being a bigoted asshole and making shit tunes is what did them in. It'd be one thing if they still were making radio hits every album like RHCP or Weezer or something, people would excuse it, but it's just been all mediocre since melon collie and Billy's turned into a backwards yokel thinking sandy hook was a false flag and treating his bandmates/fans like shit. People dont wanna support a band like that when they find out what the lead singer is out there doing if the music is mediocre.

playing adore songs before folks got to hear it or get accustomed to the material was definitely a bad career move

I'm not arguing their popularity 20 years ago. They just haven't stayed relevant like the other big 90s bands have (Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Green Day, etc.) and I'd be stunned if arenas were packed.

>he came crawling back to his mid 90s sound the next cycle
What album are you referring to?

Machina sounded like a wall of static and still had the Adore electronics

i dont really care if corgan is an asshole i just am not too into their stuff. they didnt hold up like radiohead or rhcp or weezer because they just havent made that good of material

How so? Lots of bands do that. They premiered both Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie songs live before they even recorded those albums.

t. I'm a pleb btw

None of SP's stuff is as good as those band's peaks. Those 3 in particular were still making classic albums or mega radio hits well into the 2000s, SP just stopped mattering around 98

because adore was a radical change in style? pulling a kid a is not as easy as it might seem

Machina is literally Mellon Collie 2.0 if you scrap the slower softer numbers and just go balls deep on the heavy. Even more so if you count Machina 2

While that may be true, they could have extended their popularity for a few extra years. It wasn't until 1999 that alt-rock gave way to the created boy bands and Nu-Metal, so they could have followed up MCIS with another guitar-rock album and stayed on top.
>None of SP's stuff is as good as those band's peaks
Why not? What have you heard?

this

plain and simple

nobody cared about machina
kid a was a revolution
rhcp and weezer made songs that sold millions like beverly hills and snow hey oh that kept them relevant

>because adore was a radical change in style?
Except they played those new songs live as more of a rock spectacle, similar to their old material. The audience would not have perceived the style shift
>Machina is literally Mellon Collie 2.0
Not really. Mellon Collie was basically them live in the studio, with songs people understood; Machina was drastically overproduced with songs no one knew wtf Corgan was on about.

>bigoted
I'm so sick and tired of every non-liberal artist being accused of being a bigot. Billy is a mentally unstable asshole who buys into chemtrail tier bullshit but he isn't a bigot.

If the lineup was Billy and a bunch of literally whos, I would agree. However, that's not the case. I think Billy reunited with James and Jimmy will fill up stadiums. Nostalgia is the ultimate product nowadays.

Following this logic you prefer Foo Fighters to Nirvana? What?

>None of SP's stuff is as good as those band's peaks
>weezer and RHCP
kek

>bands generally don't stay that popular that long
The Rolling Stones were relevant for a good 20 years.

But SP at their peak were superior than any of those bands during any time except for maybe Radiohead. And by peak I mean the full original line-up that ceased to exist after Mellon Collie.

Imagine having taste this shit.

of course there are exceptions user

No but if you're talking strict commercial relevancy that's why SP couldn't keep it up. They just couldn't provide the quality albums or singles even after melon collie. It's like they blew their wad on the whole double album thing

>if you're talking strict commercial relevancy
No, that's not what we are discussing.

>They just couldn't provide the quality albums or singles even after melon collie. It's like they blew their wad on the whole double album thing
Except Adore was fantastic

Did they even fill stadiums back in their peak? I thought they were always arena at best

They filled Madison Square Garden in 1996.

releasing mellon collie as a double album was a serious career killer imo

Why? Do you think they should've released disc 1 in 1995 and disc 2 a couple of years later?

It was one of the biggest albums of the 90s are you tarded?

Wait, whats the difference between a stadium and an arena?

adore was great but it just couldn't compare to the grandiose scope of mc and if adore was released as a double album as originally intended then people would start comparing about gimmicry and bloatedness regardless of the actual quality of the material

keeping it safe instead of just jizzing out creatively would have done the band much better justice

>if adore was released as a double album as originally intended
What?

About 60 thousand seats

Huh. Guess you learn something new on Sup Forums everyday

It’s literally one of the biggest rock albums of the last 25 years. You’re dumb.

Changing trends and billy moving on to different genres and less commercial oriented sounds is what the momentum.

Billy originally wanted it to be a double album similar to MC iirc, you can find songs that didn't make the cut on Judas O.

Nigga you're confusing Machina with Adore

>iirc
You don't. Adore was never supposed to be a double album. It was supposed to be his solo album at some point, and he had enough material that it could be a double album. But it never was supposed to be a double.

He could barely even finish the album. You can find songs that didn't make the cut on Judas O, and hear how bad they are.

>and he had enough material that it could be a double album
Yeah that's the thing I had in mind. My bad.

It's all ogre

There are so many incredible B sides from Adore and Machina tho

Like what?

This tune wasn't released as a b-side nor even as part of Judas O.

youtube.com/watch?v=1wQVLdTxCFQ

The Adore demos. Part of me wishes the whole Adore album sounded like this, live in the studio.

I know Zeitgeist isn't top 3 pumpkins album for most people but I gotta admit, the band during the Zeigeist era (Ginger, Jeff, Lisa on keyboards) was fucking god tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=S-A3pdDDvYY

wtf how many fucking outtakes does he have

im an OCD completest and im getting triggered trying to organize/get everything

its all so disorganized

Are you actually wanting to know or just shitposting?

But that's the fourth best line up if you only count their main ones

i actually do want to know

spfc.org/songs-releases/song.html?song_type=1&song_display=||1|||||||1|0

i tried seeing if i had every one of these songs (took forever) but now youve just mentioned one i didnt even know existed

Google "smashing pumpkins recording sessions".

This guy on netpho made a wikia with links to all the songs and where they were released, and if it was bootlegged if it wasn't released.

>tfw no deluxe edition of Machine or Earphoria

nice, thanks

this is still gonna be a pain to get the best versions/organize but ay gotta do it, thanks senpai

Yeah I mean if you had a specific song you are looking for, I could help you. For instance, that song user linked above is on the Adore Demos bootleg.

Billy put out so many tunes in the 90s and early 2000s

Theres enough material for like 3 or 4 additional Pumpkins Albums and a couple of Zwan albums.

If youre a fan, look up the early Zwan live performances. A lot of fantastic songs never released.

Lynch kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=rLFxMXlZYbo

if dubs I listen to machina tonight I can't decide so I'll leave it up to fate

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rr7th61VOk&t=2s
Best era coming through.

D'arcy used to be a qt, what happened?

what are other pumpkins songs like this?

the only ones that fit the bill are ava adore and pug to me

and im pissed the rest of the adore album was more acoustic and not electronic

>tax is theft

>what are other pumpkins songs like this?
Because You Are
It's Alright
Saturnine
Waiting

Mickey Rourke?

>yfw a millennial has his mind blown by the fact that people actually have integrity and put in effort into creating art instead of just recording a vocal track and letting producers do everything

No, even Corgan said he wrote that album as if it was their last, and said that would be either the end of the Smashing Pumpkins, or at least the Smashing Pumpkins as the public knew them. Their sound was reaching its peak.

Were Oceania or Monuments any good?

Billy Corgan is washed up and Smashing Pumpkins was overrated to begin with.

Eh and no

Damn, that sucks.

>oceania
yes
>monuments
maybe

oceania is like a 7/10. there are a few tracks that sorta capture the psychedelia of the gish and siamese dream era. i’d say it’s worth a listen. not too sure about monuments

saw them in 2013, they put on an amazing show. i’m definitely excited to see this 3 guitar supershoegaze shit

Glissandra
The Chimera
Inkless
Anaise!
One and All (We Are)
Drum + Fife
Anti-Hero

Great songs

Billy was bursting with great songs during this era.

IN THEORY, Melon Collie should have just been one disc

Then he should have saved a bunch of the shit (other disc/b-sides/outtakes) and slowly sprinkled them throughout career to keep the hits coming.

Top 10 Smashing Pumpkins songs are....

I don't think you'll get the same 10 from anyone considering how eclectic their discography is

I feel like the Pumpkins have finally clicked for me in full like a few nights ago

Ive always listened to here and there but didnt like that much

Ive now realized I actually love Billy's voice and holy shit I'm listening to Adore now Behold > For Martha > Blank page this is beautiful

I love a lot of their pre-Gish stuff like Not Worth Asking, Jennifer Ever, Nothing and Everything, My Eternity, There It Goes. I like Tristessa and Snail from Gish. Siamese Dream I like Sweet, Sweet, Quiet, Cherub Rock. Mellon Collie, To Forgive, Cupid De Locke, Here Is No Why, XYU, Bodies, Thirty-Three. It gets a little blurry after that.

Snail
Whir
Glynis
Drown
Hummer
Cherub Rock
Tonight Tonight
Behold! The Night Mare
Stand Inside Your Love