Has anyone felt that there has been less hype about the NFL in real life lately?

There are the diehard football fans but I feel like most casuals I talk to now just tune it out. Has it been like that for you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EfGNx6Lw47U
espn.com/mlb/attendance
marketwatch.com/story/the-sports-with-the-oldest-and-youngest-tv-audiences-2017-06-30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm taking a knee in protest of this thread

That's because you had to turn ESPN off because of SJW and pandering to blacks and gays and minorities.

A lot of millenials and younger couldn't care less about professional sports. Too busy with social media, vidya, and SJWing.

Professional sports in this country are all going to lose popularity (except MLS because t. Hipsters).

Good. Maybe you can start watching a real sport.

I only pay attention to the AFC North

>MLS
>gaining fans

Maybe read the news, lardass.

I think it's mostly because childhood obesity has skyrocketed. All the people who were fat fucks as children never played sports so they have no interest in them as adults.

You'd think football would be their sport of choice then.

No, for two reasons:
1. There are only a handful of positions for fatties, and even then they need to be "strongfat".
2. Childhood participation in football has declined thanks to all the concussion stuff.

>tfw that Verizon commercial is like more than a few people I know

I can see some of my closest friends talking about teams getting into the Strike Zone

Which one?

What are you talking about? NFL ratings are better than ever. Stupid cuck

CHI

>Being this fragile and threatened

Here's a juice box, pol is that way >>>>>>

SEETHING

I'm a casual and I don't even watch highlights or games, I'm only interested insofar as it affects my fantasy team/matchup.

youtube.com/watch?v=EfGNx6Lw47U

Check my flag and call me white again. I dare you.

E!SPN is shit they got rid of all the good sportscasters and replaced them with niggers and women. Yesterday Jim Rome was talking about Week 1 Football want to know what E!SPN was talking about at the same time?

WOMEN'S FUCKING TENNIS!

Fox sports is way better and all they did was just pick up E!SPNs diversity firings and make the exact same shows they did on E!SPN. Fuck you Jews and Fuck you Disney.

Kek, read the news. Ratings are way down. Attendance is even worse.

>Ratings are way down.

Ok, the only ratings that are available was the Thursday night game. Nice one game sample.

Monday night football's ratings were down because they have to compete with Monday Night Raw quick steals the NFL viewers

But that doesn't explain a lack of football, that's the fat fuck sport.

>Being such a fragile little snowflake that you can't enjoy a sport without constant ESPN coverage.
Some "fans" you got there NFL...

no, just no

I think its an attention span thing. No one wants to spend 4 hours watching a football game especially with 1.5-2 hours of commercials.
Baseball games take longer than ever before and the seasons last hundreds of games.
I'm not surprised MMA is pretty popular, the fights rarely take very long and you can get hype, tune in, and be on to the next thing in less than an hour.

>Being this delusional.

>Can't watch much footyball with dat der EsPee'N
>Some "fans" you got there NFL...

Nobody fucking watches Monday night raw you fucking weebo

Has anyone considered that the quality of the NFL has gone down a bit?

> shitty production focuses more on diversity and sjw than the actual game
> 40 minutes of game time spread out over 3+ hours
> commercial -> kick -> commercial
> game supposed to be about strong men hitting eachother yet the announcers have to be timid as fuck; i.e. Calling asses "rear ends"
> league actively suppressing research and information about concussions and other physical ramifications from playing
> new era free-agency allows little continuity for fans to support players
> penalties heavily favoring offense to the point where defense is near impossible
> forcing cities to pay billions for stadiums instead of their wealthy owners
> "relocating" 3 teams in 3 years

>makes fun of NFL fans
>posts on an American Board for the NFL and other minor sports like Divegrass and Apehoops
Did you just blow in from reddit?

the players don't play as a team any more, too many pre madonna individuals

Most of the die hard football fans that I used to know watch Love and Hip Hop instead of MNF

>"relocating" 3 teams in 3 years

even more just

>"relocating" 2 teams to one location and the other 280 miles away

Man that Raiders relocation is such a shitshow. So they're leaving, but yet they're still playing in Oakland until the Vegas stadium is built? What?

(You) (You)
(You), have a (You)

Yep. I'm sure once they realized NV was going recreation with all the tax money they would easily be able to fund a new stadium, rebrand, and they get to get out of oakland

win win win for them, fans get triple face fucked

I fucking hate the NFL after refs called those two illegal hit penalties on the Saints last night.

Fucking bullshit. Saints defense laying the wood the first quarter then the refs try to neuter them.

God damnit, I mad. Fuck the NFL

At least they'll finally have a new stadium after realizing neither LA nor Oakland we're going to use taxpayer dollars for that shitshow.

Politics aside, I just don't see how an NFL stadium is worth that much money.

everyone is tired of horrible refs. it is simply unwatchable

Not horrible refs, horrible rules

I used to not be bored by watching football. Now I find it to be extremely boring. s there something wrong with me?

These games this weekend were super fucking boring. There were only like 1-2 teams that even scored 30 points. And like 15+ that didn't even score 20. No really dominant standouts aside from 1-2

You do know there's other sports commentary mediums besides ESPN right? Becoming a whiny little bitch about ESPN coverage is stupid as fuck. Just watch commentary from somewhere else, or listen to unfiltered podcasts.

These fucking NFL fans are dumber than the players I swear.

I notice you don't have any dedicated Israelis or investment bankers on the Trump side, why is that?

No, the game has become infested with commercials which makes them 10 times longer. Safety issues have made big hits illegal so it isn't as exciting and defense is basically just pushing. Refs have basically been told to stiffle any fights. There's a huge elephant in the room about concussions and head trauma that could be addressed but the NFL plays dumb instead. Tickets are too expensive for most teams to fill stadiums.

Basically over regulation, over capitalization, and under communication by the league.

Quite the opposite, I get more excited every year. The only tirnoff is the retarded protests getting attention, but I don't tune into ESPN so it doesn't bother me. Goodell is a master at running the league by creating drama and stories to keep people entertained. On the other hand, a league like the NBA is a borefest now thanks to Silver not knowing how to make a league entertaining at all.

I find myself more hyped to watch fucking esports these days than NFL games.

blame ESPN and muh scary leftists all you want but NFL enjoyed a bubble along with other sports with the advent of social media. it's all hyping down now across the board but since NFL is the premier casual spectacle for normies it's getting hit hardest, everyone's getting bored of mostly the same shit year to year (not to mention how it's literally mostly commercials) while other sports have had established hardcore fanbases for decades and decades and decades

football is massive across most of the world where it's pretty much the only mainstream sport, to say nothing of the utter fanaticism it enjoys from its fans

basedball continues to be the most attended sport in the world (largely due to the huge amount of games but there also continues to be a huge dedicated fanbase that goes to those games every fucking day and is now on the up as a whole)

basketball is the main sport for blacks and is pretty damn popular in europe as well

hockey is canada's game and ingrained into even northern murrican culture in places while also being rather big in northern europe (still relatively small comparing to the other leagues but regardless has a dedicated hardcore fanbase)

handegg is only cared about in the states by normies and fantasy autists

>basedball continues to be the most attended sport in the world

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. I literally see no one going to boreball games and I live in LA.

Dude, just fucking ignore ESPN like You don't need ESPN to enjoy the NFL

>pre madonna

My sides.

espn.com/mlb/attendance

how retarded are you? LA has had the highest attendance for years and so has the MLB as a whole. your shit commercial sport is dying faggot lmao

marketwatch.com/story/the-sports-with-the-oldest-and-youngest-tv-audiences-2017-06-30

>average age of MLB viewer
>57

LMAO. The NFL, NBA and even MLS are a lot younger.

It's bad because you had the panthers shoved down your throats even though they are much more boring than the packers. The leagues popularity goes up when there's a new great white qb on the up and up. Luck is hairy and ugly. It's all up to Carr

>Patriots sucks now

NFL hasn't been this good in years desu.

It isn't worth that much money when you count just ticket sales and such but it does cost that much to build.
Stadiums are huge money sinks

All of this right here, plus with fantasy football people are more concerned with their players' stats than with the games themselves.

I don't watch E!SPN you retarded faggot.

Good question I didn't make it.

No. The hype from my perspective has been bigger than ever. Don't know what narrative you're trying to push but it looks like it's working given the number of people who took the b8.

I dunno, kind of, yeah. It feels like something I used to be excited about in my college days. I used to make a day of it and make snacks and drink with my buddies and talk shit to other fans and save up money to go to to more important games in the late season. We'd tailgate before the games and drink a ton and make friends with other fans and taunt rivals fans.

Now it just feels artificial. I only want 1-2 beers. I'd kind of rather have a proper meal than nachos and burgers. I can think of a lot better ways to spend a couple hundred bucks. Other tailgating fans just seem a little obnoxious. I really just don't have all day to sit and watch a game. I could do like 2 hours, part of an afternoon, but fuck these games are like 3.5 hours and half of it is showing commercials or replays or coach reactions. Also, I hate the attention given to the social awareness side of it all. I'm cool with the military stuff but the breast cancer awareness crap and BLM stuff and some gay pride stuff I've seen are just annoying. I want to watch football, not go on Facebook.

I'm still going to watch religiously and I'll always be a fan, but I can't promise to watch every second of the games and I'm probably not going to any games anytime soon.

Don't forget about the "No Fun League" rules. Some pretty silly "unsportsmanlike conduct" fouls and it only takes 2 of them to get you thrown out

The product hasn't changed. You're just getting old and complacent.

>average NFL viewer age: 50

wow you sure showed me

so what exactly does average viewer age have to do with you being a wrong, clueless retard about attendance? hold this L faggot

Not that guy but the product has certainly changed.

> Longer run times due to a fuck ton of commercials
> emphasis on protecting players leads to offensive dominated games and a shitload of penalties
> shitty/out of date options for watching your team (seriously fuck them for blacking out the game in my area because I can't afford to pay literal hundreds of dollars to go to the game with my family)
> new era of free agency leads to a constant carousel of players funneling through teams, disincentivizing proper drafting and long-term planning
> cities being held hostage to finance stadiums for wealthy, billionaire owners
> transformation of the media leads to literal 24/7 coverage of teams and players
> prioritization of social commentary/less focus on the actual game (I don't care if Brady supports Trump, I don't care who sat out the anthem etc..)

The product has remained stagnant where it needed to change (outdated/expensive and unreasonable streaming options) and has changed for the worse in areas that didn't need to be changed (more commercials, more "coverage" of non-football)

Along with that the league seems so fucking insincere about literally everything and almost always seems to come out on the wrong side of an issue
> we respect Kaepernicks decision to sit out the anthem, however he is now essentially blacklisted from the league
> We really hate cheating guys, yet the patriots have won an unprecedented amount of Super Bowls since the turn of the century
> Serious Domestic Violence issues plague the league and players get minimal suspensions (Ray Rice knocked the fuck out of his GF and only got what, 2 games?), yet players get suspended SEASONS for smoking weed, get fined for wearing "unapproved gear" etc (although I am aware of the Due Process issues that come with suspending players before they are officially convicted). Shit Ray Lewis even murdered someone and still played

I thought you guys loved commercials?

>Kaepernick is blacklisted
>he's not just an incompetent mouth piece, who's not good enough for any team and has a haircut that lets you know he's not winning football games.

>pay for the league pass
>watch ads

Its weird how americans got mad when we pointed this stuff out and called us gay for preferring soccer, yet now people are realising we are right about the problems with the NFL and MLS is gaining fans

People have just realised other options are out there due to globalisation and people finally having non-shit internet

why not both

>Posting pic of r*ddit
>ever
GO BACK

Holy fuck america has 9001 billion people and ice hockey cant even get 20k a game? our shit 2nd division gets more than 20k

why does it even have a general thats pathetic

Wow I feel for you Ameribro.
I just enjoyed 90 minutes of our football with 0 commercials, and a TV magazine only about the other Champions League matches (not about some crappy drama).
And tomorrow I'll do it again

We need Friday night football.

This

t. Millennial

Who the fuck knows, I'm an expat in chink land where no one give a flying fish fuck about NFL

Yea it's because of jews

The NFL is as popular as its ever been. Mostly because of fantasy sports and Madden. Without those two factors it would have died a long time ago. I think people care more about their fantasy league than the actual teams and players now.

And madden is more exciting than sitting through hours of commercials.

Slow boring sport with too many penalties desu. Watched Cowboys v Giants and there was a penalty every 5 plays at least.

good contribution to the thread

>The NFL is as popular as its ever been
I feel like it peaked a few years ago, I bet if you pulled up viewership numbers in the past few years it has been declining

Soccer is becoming more popular and its easier to play. Nobody wants a concussion. Little kids love the sport.

this. so many millennials get their news from shitty buzzfeed style slideshows and from 5 second gifs that they dont even have the attention span to sit, focus, and watch anything for more than a minute. millennials think its weird to just sit there quietly, whereas that was pretty normal for my dad/grandpa.

I get your point but jim rome is a piece of shit

They play in arenas ya mook

>players start saying they dont like america
>americans stop watching

wow

Super Bowl 50's LGBT celebration and Black Panther tribute killed it for me. I watch sports to be entertained, not for identity politics/politics in general.

>Love and Hip Hop

Explain why people love this show

Having concussion is sacred user

18-20k is about average nba/nhl arena size

according to that chart your second division averages about 9000 empty seats per game.
pathetic

pretty much this. when you watch a game the networks seem to be focused on everything but the game. I don't care what kind of shitty life some WR had before pro football. I don't want to see the camera focused on the broadcasters while they talk about something stupid for 5 minutes. want the kneeling during anthem to stop being a big deal? stop having the cameras spend the entire anthem going up and down the sidelines hoping to see somebody kneeling so the network can make it a story. the networks (ESPN in particular) think their coverage, commenters, and talking heads are more important than the actual sports themselves. I just wanna see sports not this other shit that they spend 99% of their fucking time on hoping to get a reaction on twitter

No they aren't.

Both, which is truly absurd that the NFL is incapable of finding and training exceptional refs for the amount they pay them. It's pretty bizarre really.

Who gives a fuck about the plastic fans?