D'arcy and Billy my fucking balls

D'arcy and Billy my fucking balls
James and Jimmy are the ones who make this album be a 10/10, also both James and Jimmy have always be the most talented guys in the Smashing Pumpkins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dT8RSSikRUc
youtube.com/watch?v=9hYPo2py77A
spin.com/2015/10/every-smashing-pumpkins-song-ranked/
youtube.com/watch?v=i1hKDSqrBCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Billy literally wrote and performed all the guitar and Bass parts of this album.

Silverfuck has the GOAT drumming so I second this hard.

James literally doesn’t even play in the album lol.

(not true by the way)

>Jimmy
He's the most technically skilled musician in the band. However, he doesn't have Billy's songwriting capabilities.
>James
He's a good guitarist and co-wrote some really great SP songs but he isn't anywhere near as talented as Billy.

I don't get why so many people try to downplay Billy. It's a fact that he's the heart and soul of The Smashing Pumpkins.

It's true. It just shouldn't be.

>I don't get why so many people try to downplay Billy. It's a fact that he's the heart and soul of The Smashing Pumpkins.

It's because he has one of the worst voices in the God-damn mother-loving world, and their albums would be infinitely more listenable if they had someone else singing (I can't deny their instrumental or songwriting talents).

>James and Jimmy are the ones who make this album be a 10/10
Only one of them played on the album though

It's 100% true. user, do some research. The Smashing Pumpkins are basically The Billy Corgan Experience. D'arcy never contributed anything, James only co-wrote a small handful of songs, and Jimmy brought a level of technical flair that Billy wouldn't have been able to do on his own and helped produced Zeitgeist but that's it. Billy did over 90% of the songwriting, co-produced everything, and played most of the guitar parts and bass parts.

>It's 100% true
But he wrote the main riffs for Soma and Mayoniase

Wrote ≠ played on the recording

When you listen to Siamese Dream you're listening to Billy and Jimmy.

Imagine how great the Pumpkins would be if D'arcy sang on more songs?

Daydream is easily the prettiest song on Gish, even if she just did harmonies with Billy, fuck...

No doubt his ego is too big to make that a regular thing

>Wrote ≠ played on the recording
When did I say it was?

Nice backpedling btw

Not really. She's not a great singer.

her voice is pretty as fuck on that track

even if not her, some angelic female vocals on pumpkins tracks would be fucking great

>her voice is pretty as fuck on that track
It's pitchy
Also the other song she sung on it's grating and obnoxious

I always wondered what happened to the dudes from Double Dragon

Jimmy is an underrrated player. Billy needed him because he's a solid gunslinger-type drummer. I wish guys like him got some credit. Billy couldn't have told him how to handle Cherub Rock like that

youtu.be/dT8RSSikRUc

I admire the fact that the whole band was in a fucking hot mess, and Billy just did everything he did in a state of depression, is it true that Billy did most of the writing in Melon Collie also?

>is it true that Billy did most of the writing in Melon Collie also?
Yup.

>is it true that Billy did most of the writing in Melon Collie also?
He wrote all but two songs.

But the whole band played on it together, largely live in the studio, instead of Billy just doing all the parts himself.

Really, you're going to do this now? Okay, Corgan might not be the most technically advanced vocalist in rock. But in terms of creativity, mystery and beauty, his nasal, yet dreamlike voice absolutely feels perfect.

Also, if Soma doesn't invoke any fantasies of you defeating a sorceress turned into a demonic giant with a sword made of her enchanted crystals and a shield stolen from her library, then you know nothing about music. Beethoven should purge your soul to save his eyesight.

10/10, one of my favorite albums of all time. Pic related is Mayonaise.

Curb your autism user

Are you the same guy that replied to my post?

>Beethoven should purge your soul to save his eyesight.
???

The souls of others cure blindness.

D'Arcy is the heart and moral center of the band. Without her they aren't really back together.

>moral center
yeah bro the one person who couldn't stay clean is the moral center

>tfw 25 years later Siamese Dream is still talked about, praised, discovered by younger listeners and has been canonized as one of the all time greats (P4K 10)
in the end, Billy won. Siamese Dream is easily the most enduring album to come out of the early 90s american rock scene.

*blocks your path*
Smells Like Teen Spirit alone has more views than any Smashing Pumpkins video combined.

>Billy my fucking balls
>James and Jimmy are the ones who make this album be a 10/10
What kind of fucking misinformed dipshit posts this garbage?

no one actually cares or is passionate about it.

Do people ITT hate Billy for his political views
Be honest

Neither it Billy desu

That album is shit and YouTube views is not an argument

t. silly billy
The only meaningful thing D'arcy ever contributed was sex appeal. Musically she was the only replaceable member of the band.
A terrible unique voice isn't terrible. He worked with what he's got amazingly well. What would a more talented vocalist add? You should be pretty ashamed of yourself for this one.
Jimmy has never been underrated, he's widely regarded as one of the greats. Addiction is the reason you don't hear about him more.
It's more than evident from the body of lyrics that Billy is the heart and morally upright. People wobbling in their beliefs doesn't make them amoral. D'arcy has wobbled a heap herself. From interviews she and Billy seem twins in their flaw of unwitting egocentricism.

He wrote the chord progressions for the intros, that's it.

Smashing Pumpkins seriously is mostly Billy and Jimmy. James actually payed parts on the other albums that aren't Siamese Dream, and D'arcy played some bass parts, and was kinda the bands style manager.

what u honkies think of oceania

I liked it, better than Zeitgeist, no where near their older work though. I think had he scrapped the Kaleidyscope project from the start and just focused on getting those 40 odd songs down to a solid 13 and released that as Oceania it'd have been much bigger. And it needed a heavy, hookier, somewhat poppy rocker like other Pumpkins albums but that's just me.

Shut the fuck up brainlet, James co-wrote Mayonnaise, as in, writing the intro. That means that it wasn't just Corgan and Chamberlin that wrote on the record, what you said was wrong. Don't fucking obfuscate you bitch

No it wasn't, shut the fuck up and expand your taste beyond radio rock

>most technically skilled musician in the band
Billy's just as skilled at the guitar imo
youtube.com/watch?v=9hYPo2py77A

hey i know you! you're the one who thought
that sleater kinney counts as riot grrrrl!
stop with your revisionist shit the 90s weren't
long enough ago that we all forget it how it
happened.

what's the point of solo shredding? it just sounds like hitting random notes very fast.

I don't listen to Sleater-Kinney, I have never talked to anyone on Sup Forums about riot-grrl. What are you even talking about? Just do what I said, it's like you've never listened to good rock before

There literally isn't a point, it's as pointless as a retarded artfag mashing on random keys, just different paradigms (anarchy vs order)

>"i don't listen to sleater-kinney"
no SHIT thats why you got it wrong
>"I have never talked to anyone on Sup Forums about riot-grrl"
WRONG
>"What are you even talking about?"
firstly I'm not talking I'm writing
secondly i just told you! sleater kinney being
miscategorised (By You) and therefore _You_ not
knowing what the Fuck you're talking about
>"Just do what I said"
retreat to move forward much much
>"it's like you've never listened to good rock before"
you wouldn't know because you can't even identify
genres! how would you know if it s rock if you don't

well?

Calm down you schizophreniac, you need help

wow you can't help but mislabel things

>firstly i'm not talking i'm writing
Fucking lol

>freshman year in college
>assigned roommate
>he plays drums and like smashing pumpkins
>oh that's pretty cool i guess
>one month in
>he literally only listens to smashing pumpkins
>only listens to them with headphones on
>pounds his desk like he's playing drums while listening
>it's loud as fuck and incredibly autistic
can't really listen to the pumpkins anymore senpai

kek

I had a Teacher that did this, constantly tapped on his desk when we were working, like he wanted us to know he played the drums.

>Firstly i'm not talking i'm writing
Did anyone else read that in a bitchy California girl accent?

>past tense
sorry for your loss

nah m8. i just went to university.

>He wrote the chord progressions for the intros
Then it wouldn't be 100%, would it?

Learn2read

Siamese Dream is just as good as any Can album you dunce

I'm not the same guy who said "It's 100% true" tho.

Learn2notpresume

Oh so you didn't read the thread before posting?

Top 10 songs of OG run?

Top 10 from 2007 on?

>Top 10 songs of OG run?
Hummer, Soma, Here Is No Why, Porcelina, In The Arms of Sleep, Thru the Eyes of Ruby, The End is the Beginning is the End, Behold The Nightmare, For Martha, Stand Inside Your Love
>Top 10 from 2007 on?
Astral Planes, Fellowship, Tom Tom, My Love is Winter, Pinwheels, Oceania, Pale Horse... Can't even get 10 hoenstly.

>I don't get why so many people try to downplay Billy. It's a fact that he's the heart and soul of The Smashing Pumpkins.

have you heard the shit he put out without james or darcy or jimmy?

spin.com/2015/10/every-smashing-pumpkins-song-ranked/

Thoughts?

>1979
Trash

You mean like Eye, Stumbline, Crush, Sweet Sweet, Soothe, Landslide, Meladori Magpie, Jupiter's Lament, etc?

They're great.

One and All is probably the best song Billy's done since the 90s

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsnP5uz487M

It's forgettably awful and contrived. It soudns like a throwaway riff from Pasticio Medley and the vocal melody is uninspired. That's not even talking about the meaningless lyrics.

>Billy
>Not the GOAT
Yeah he only wrote the the entire damn album including the parts he doesn't play.

James is only there because Billy doesn't have four arms.

Its better than majority of Smashing Pumpkins songs

I disagree, has a catchy guitar riff and vocal hook. I mean its not the best he's released but its feels like the closest we get to mid 90s Pumpkins

Nope

Thanks for playing though
Sorry you have low standards

Music is subjective, don't be such a dick. Its just how myself and the other user feel about the song

>Music is subjective
Subjectivity is not a shield to protect you from thorough musical analysis
>Its just how myself and the other user feel about the song
Why?

You "muhh original Pumpkins" fags are stupid

Its 10x a better song than something like The Everlasting Gaze, which is buttrock to max

>muh buttrock!
you know you're a pleb when...

>Subjectivity is not a shield to protect you from thorough musical analysis
Of course, it doesn't prevent others from having a differing opinion. Its just objectively asserting that its bad isn't right (which is what you are doing)

...you listen to buttrock

>(which is what you are doing)
Quote me where i said this.

I can understand why you think that, since you don't know what buttrock is.

They were a mediocre '90s band that managed to drum up an enormous fan base with their plodding grunge beats, pleasantly warm yet heavy guitar tone (that was totally wasted on melodies that don't do anything), embarrassing penchant for the overdramatic, and singer who possesses one of the most annoying whiny voices ever etched on DAT.

I've always been bugged by singers who over-emote, and Billy Corgan is one of the worst offenders I've ever come across. Instead of relying on the words and music to create a somber mood (something that they're entirely incapable of doing, if you're at all familiar with all the different bands he's ripping off), he forces his voice to squeal, break, whisper, and do all those other annoying Alanis-esque things that exemplify a weak vocalist.

5/10 b8

Not bad

Most Smashing Pumpkins is buttrock

But the type where its retard fans think itd artistic, much like Tool, Deftones, etc

>Most Smashing Pumpkins is buttrock
How so?

>sorry you have low standards
>Nope thanks for playing though
Condescendingly dismissing others opinions as if you have the great authority on music

Ooops sorry you didn't quote me where I stated anything was objective. Try again.

Also since I am a better authority than you, I can understand why you'd perceive me as condescending. I'm sorry that you misunderstood.

Big boring plodding riffs with boring chord progessions, embrassingly bad lyrics (DESPITE ALL MY RAGE), generic vocal melodies

10% of their songs are alright, the meat of their discography is generic and forgettable

>Big boring plodding riffs
What's boring about them?
>embrassingly bad lyrics (DESPITE ALL MY RAGE), generic vocal melodies
Not buttrock

Stop before you embarrass yourself.

>Most Smashing Pumpkins is buttrock
Is Zero the only Pumpkins song you've heard?

>I am a better authority than you
>Didn't say anything objective
You don't have to explicitly say something by an actual word to have the same meaning. Regardless your last comment pretty much sums up my point. I need not challenge you any further, the great authority of music.

>words can mean whatever I want it to!
If you say so
>I need not challenge you any further, the great authority of music.
Well when you come at me with "It's good because I like it"...

t. person who is a contrarian faggot and has barely listened to any of those bands.

ya the first two albums were basically Bill and Jim but so was Zeitgeist lol
his political views are stupid as fuck but i dislike him more for being an egomaniac who doesn't have the charm to excuse it.
>GOD RIGHT ONNNN
>I WILL BE YOUR SPECIAL K
it's alright
Everlasting Gaze is legitimately a good song.

>Siames Dream
>10/10

lol

Opening track is that radio single that sounds like the Foo Fighters

Second one is this

youtube.com/watch?v=i1hKDSqrBCo

This is such a shitty song. For real, what appeal is in the song? That "melody" is garbage and the riff is generic as can be

Are you 16?

Serious question

I'm in my mid-20s, even if I was 16 I'd find that to be an awful song though

Is there a reason you are speaking like a teenager who doens't know a note of music theory?

Knowing music theory just makes you aware that the Smashing Pumpkins are even worse than I'm already describing senpai....

How so?

Explain it in technical terms.