Thoughts on 1975 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Thoughts on 1975 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNyoeKF8dd8
youtube.com/watch?v=YwTziaAd4Cc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is it that i've never heard a single 1975 song but I know who this is?

I have literally no idea what any of this means.

the newfags just keep getting newer

>pays $3000+ for ultra rare vox
>only plays one chord
>only bought it because of ian curtis

I just don't understand how anyone could be so deaf as to think Pale Waves sounds like the 1975
It's genuinely confusing to me

first time I listened to Television Romance I definitely heard The 1975 in them

sorry bro but it's the truth
their lyrics aren't as compelling unfortunately

that’s not what i was talking about newfig

>phoneposting and getting autocorrected
>calling other users new

idk they're both pretty bad so you can have that one

How does a band become an industry plant? These guys are indie famous already for having only 3 songs... how ??

>he’s so new he doesn’t know any of the cool shitpost slang

nice save

Both bands are shit, 1975 marginally less so

thanks

I like the 1975 though

The 1975 have some legit bangers.
Pale Waves have some decent teen-boppers.

The 1975 are complete trash

Pale Waves are moderate trash with a qt

>Le Ian Curtis hand made that guitar himself

she's hot and goth

thats all you need to get anons to shill for free

not to mention all three songs sound exactly the same

So does this band have recognition for anything outside of their singer going for the 1980's goth look? I've heard only a handful of songs by them and it's pretty obvious they're trying to exploit this gimmick because their sound and her look don't go together at all.

>So does this band have recognition for anything outside of their singer going for the 1980's goth look?
No.

All of the songs I've heard are the same song.

Figures. They seem like a record company creation. Joy Division guitar, Siouxie Sioux-esque look, it's like they wanted to create a band that would ultimately rip off The Cure and other such bands in sound and exist as a try to bring that sort of thing back but then realized younger fans of pop music are devoid of taste and wouldn't get it so this is the result. This doubly sucks because I would love to see a revival of 80's goth and darker alternative.

Nope.Their entire gimmick is that the singer is hot.The music(from the 3 songs i've heard) is generic as all hell.

yes more shill plz

fuck off

über poser
youtube.com/watch?v=NNyoeKF8dd8

What's with the autism hands?

Like with everything in life, you know somebody.

I don't know, but the more "gothic" she goes the more auto she gets.
youtube.com/watch?v=YwTziaAd4Cc

fuck this band

really dont like pale waves, Gus Dapperton will be a much better rising artist this year

my fucking god what happened to the god damned BBC? everything they have produced or featured in the last 10 years is utter diarrhea, it doesn't even have the substance to be called shit

i just don't understand why she dresses like a goth but makes really bland indie pop

>why she dresses like a goth
because its cool atm
>why she makes really bland indie pop
because it's cool atm

Did she confuse "gothic" with "Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons' closet"?

memes

assume how ugly is she without make-up

I'm loving how much Sup Forums seems to be collectively shitting on this band, I remember seeing a thumbnail for one of their music videos months back and just felt this reptilian-brain repulsion, just in knowing that they were banking on the singer being "goth" for their success

Because everything about it is bullshit

Damage control done right lol

DAILY REMINDER THAT THIS BAND IS SHILLING THEMSELVES HERE. A GUY WHO WORKED AT DIRTY HIT (THEIR LABEL) CONFIRMED IT A FEW DAYS AGO. THESE THREADS ARE PROMO TO “ESTABLISH THE BANDS PRESENCE IN COUNTER-CULTURE MEDIA”.

DAILY REMINDER THAT THIS BAND IS SHILLING THEMSELVES HERE. A GUY WHO WORKED AT DIRTY HIT (THEIR LABEL) CONFIRMED IT A FEW DAYS AGO. THESE THREADS ARE PROMO TO “ESTABLISH THE BANDS PRESENCE IN COUNTER-CULTURE MEDIA”.

real shit. Ultimate poser band

Ok cool. Not like we didn't know when tour dates where getting posted in these s

>not like we didn’t know

Then respond appropriately to these threads and ignore them.

heavy gus dapperton and clairo shilling going on as well

Oh yeah.

I don’t know about either of those. All I know is that this shilling was confirmed at the source and people are still acting like they don’t know.

because the band is assembled by some record label jews and then shilled in jewish owned media

The absolute STATE of the music scene in Manchester. How the mighty have fallen