letterboxd.com/MrEnormous/
letterboxd.com/hellodepresso/
youtube.com/watch?v=S7VMlB6pj5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stay nice, guys :3

Faggot

...is a name I won't call you then :)

Faggot

.. to be clear again, is a name I won't use, my dear friend :))

Did Nocturama ever come out? Seems like it was relegated to festivals only.

it's jackierays boyfrent

what?

OLD THREAD:

What did he mean by this?

too bad i don't feel like mechin n.e.more thread simulators

redpill me on vulgar autists.

i don't mind people finding good aspects in shit movies but VAfags are cancer.

they troll themselves

They think they discovered the hidden gold, but actually they are just fools overrating

users people with nothing better to do find a problem with

letterboxd.com/m3gasorde69/

Redpill me on Rob Cohen. He directed one of the best Miami Vice episodes, Evan, and also many movies. Subject for further research?

I never saw Miami Vice. Seems so loooong

He directed that shit Jennifer Lopez movie and that shit Mummy sequel among many other shit films. F&F1 is the worst in the series.
>television

Just seen pic related, do i like it?

(((Cohen)))

Finally watched Nocturnal Animal on cinema, it was ok, it kinda feels like Tom Ford is repeating himself, I like A Single Man more but I don't know wich one is better, what you guys think?

wew
Thought he did an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but I guess not. Maybe a different Cohen.

Stealth is kino

shit flick. Tom Ford is a good stylist, but his style was incredibly wrong for the material. hopefully he gets his head out of his ass for future projects.

dogshit > steakembryo

steakbryo < dogshit

>I think dicks are aesthetically more pleasant
Way to go, '''man'''

who are you quoting

creepy gorro

I prefer pedo_gorro. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

pedo gorro sounds weird

letterboxd.com/MrEnormous/

What should I watch out of these:
Young Girls of Rochefort
Scarlet Street
Testament of Dr Mabuse
Hotel du Nord
To Be or Not to Be

What did you like so much about Drunken Angel? I thought it was one of Kurosawa's weakest. The jump from that film to Stray Dog is pretty big imo

Watch La La Land

i give up fuck this movie

Already seen it

it was a dum fuckin movie man it is for kids and it is like grandmothers tryting to make video game referrals but they are so out of touch it is annoying i could make a better one "tactical nuke!" SEE! if it were up to me if i were walt sdisney if i was going to waste my time trying to make a dingly kids movie about the video game culture i would just use 3 THINGS: GEARS OF WAR CALL OF DUTY BATTLEFIELD cause those are the only video games in the world that matter not dum fuckin gay ass sonic felix pacman shit

MrEnormousEmbryo
Good on you.

You hate fun.

Great choice

Dumb embryos

i don't get it it is a clip movie there is not plot. so if there was a story on this movie i did not get it because this goes on the list of ""notplot"" movies it is like jackass with the same actors going around doing crazy things but in this movie it is not a hit in the balls or bam getting hit it is bruce willis getting fucked by a wrestler and throwing things. there are some parts where it could get boring like i do not want to sit and watch two people talk at a restaurant for twenty minutes dingling around about a fucking milkshake i do not want to watch the ugly guy with the cresent moon face mumble in his kichen about his wife but when samuel jackson is on his parts are cool he plays a priest that kills people. it is very exciting and a fast-pace action when he is on the screen becaose he is unpredicable. also when the guy with the long hair shoots up in the car i like the cinemography that is displaying. it is a very viseral style and the producer was going for the emotion. it reminds me of an episode of an anthony bourdain. so overall it is a confusing movie and it does not have any plot at all but its cool i like this movie alot as the girl with the short hair would say it is "groovy" i give it five sars

Another dumb embryo

Tarko/v/sky (Stalker in particular) is the epitome of embryonic "cinema".

>He directed a Brendan "JUST" Fraser movie
Must be quite the director.

it was spooky as fuck me and my girlfriend screamed and the guy that works at the theater almost kicked us out so we swore at him and then the movie was so cool it was scary as h*** but the only thing is i did not understand why the guy at the end said groovy like he is a hippy it was confusing

Curious film dilettante goes to the cinema, watches many empty Tarkovsky flicks, gets egotistical and becomes PLEB. Many such cases!

Profile?

my friend who always wears glasses told me to watch this he said it was good he said it was good but it has no plot he is not my friend anymore because this movie it was just skinny people and i didn t like it i would much recommend a better teen movie it is called dude wheres my car

Testament of Dr. Mabuse if you have seen Dr. Mabuse all ready.

>empty Tarkovsky flicks
Expound on this, please

Bit new to these, is it a meme thing of this general to dislike Tarkovsky?

letterboxd.com/hellodepresso/

You'd know who I am, given you're not new.

no, some people genuinely have taste

Tarkovsky is just so fucking deep dude, you just don't understand it.... like damn...........

Gonna end up watching Young Girls of Rochefort. I figure I oughta see the first Mabuse before watching Testament -- the four-hour run time has made it a little inconvenient to do it though

a film looking good =/= it being a good film
empty aestheticism is exactly that, empty

NOW THIS IS THE FUNNY MOVIE

the movie is like a party it has no plot it is just adam sandler chris rock david spade kevin jame haveing a great time in a town with the cops (shaquile o neal plays one!!!!) and taylor lautner who is usually gay is in this and hes cool and the party at the end is great i woud fuck salma hayek

>it reminds me of an episode of an anthony bourdain
What episode of Anthony Bourdain involves shooting people in a car?

Only been around /lbg/ for about six months. There seems to be several people spouting that meme, though

Who the fuck is following my Twitter

By that, I take it is a meme? Okay

So this is... the power... of vulgar auteurism

....whoah

see

i dont fuckimg understand this!!!!!!! instead of a normal action movie where the hero talks this guy is just staring at the girl and not saying anything like i creep i mean come on you are an actor use your words dont just smile i want to punch him in the fucking face. some of the scenes are cool like in the elevator when he steps on the guys face (no pun entended) but like the rest of the movie is just no talking and just the guy nodding his head. i dont understand

I don't hate Tarkovsky but imo he isn't even the best Soviet director.

Is it true that Indians...

Yes, that what I said, it's a meme of you guys

Lol if that's your criticism of Tarkovsky or if that's the reason you think people like him. Perhaps suggest how his films are thematically "empty"? How his formal approach is ineffective in cultivating and expressing the ideas he's trying to convey? There are a lot of really obvious ideas that Tarkovsky plays with pretty frequently -- Mirror contains the most obvious relationship between formalism and content

Drunken Angel's directorial style was atypical for Kurosawa, maybe a little less developed, but i think it was pretty perfect for the setting. the blocking was less rigorous and strict, framing a little more sloppy, cuts more jarring. did a great job at creating mood, even if it wasn't intended. i actually preferred it to Stray Dog.

...turn white as they age?

Nice favorites. Embryo tho

What a wacky character! Isn't Wes Anderson so wacky! I enjoy the films of Wes Anderson!

What a wacky character! Isn't Wes Anderson so wacky! I enjoy the films of Wes Anderson!

Meryl Streep's best role was on Stuck On You

what did Wes Anderson mean by this?

>DDDUUUUUURRRRRR how cum people not like a director I like??? O_o It must be a joke cuz no 1 can have a uncommon opinion!!! HURR DURR XDD
The mind of the average Tarklet.

Who else loved La La Land? Emma was goat

Given the eminence of Russia's film output that's hardly a detraction. And I would hope that the worth of a filmmaker isn't contingent on his peers in your eyes. Kubrick can be a good director despite being dwarfed by other American directors

Stoppppp

who's better than Kubrick?

No, it was unironically Mamma Mia.
youtube.com/watch?v=S7VMlB6pj5Q

yeah basically this.

A lot of Directors. Dennis Hopper, for one.

Ford
Cassavetes
DeMille
Griffith
Peckinpah
Keaton
Malick
Welles
Altman
Eastwood
Capra
Wilder
Lumet
Hawks
Wyler
Ray

Word, I'll have to look out for that next time. I didn't think it was stylistically deficient when I first saw it, but I think the story didn't resonate as much with me. (That final shot is aces though.) Stray Dog just maintained this tense, oppressive atmosphere gorged with desperation that I really enjoyed. Shimura was great in it.

Faggot

none of those chaps have storage rooms full of boxes solely for the purpose of making their films as good as possible

you niggas have got to be memeing

>Cassavetes
>Dennis Hopper
>Malick
>Eastwood
>Keaton
>Altman

>better than Kubrick

Not him, but is pretty much right. (Lol at Eastwood and Capra tho, and Wyler and Wilder and Peckinpah are arguable.)

The greatest U.S. born filmmaker is undoubtable Gregory J. Markopoulos.

it's really easy to get contrarian on Kubrick because he's so popular and normies love him but he's still one of the best imo

No I am.

what this guy said basically

I very much doubt it.

.. is a name I too defintely won't be using on people

Why are you so dumb?