Gun control debate in a nutshell:

Gun control debate in a nutshell:

Idiots: Let everyone have guns or not have guns as they see fit and have no standards for training
Idiots: Just makes guns illegal

Me: Since guns exist whether we like it or not, how about we make guns AND training in how to safely and properly use them mandatory?

Idiots: Shut up! We're busy fighting!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AsTxS6tg6xc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>make guns part of Obamacare
>???
>profit

>forcing people to do something
>freedom
Sounds like you're the idiot.

I think only hunting rifles and pistols should be legal. Anything beyond that is insanity and should be seized by the government.

You seem confused. You don't SAY anything, you mewl like a little faggot cuck bitch in the back of the room and then make up some lies about how Christians harassed you. I know your type.

That's a good point, but those people seem unwilling to accept that by not carrying a gun with them, they are the ones choosing to be vulnerable. Unfortunately the free market isn't solving this one, not at this time anyway.

Define hunting rifle. Do you meant wood gun with a scope on it?

Some states it is mandatory for training before you get your ccp.

Anyone actually into guns trains with them and are safety spergs.

Also, who's making the criteria for this testing? Who conducts the test? All firearms?

Pic semi related.

Log off, gun grabber. You're drunk.

>make gun use training mandatory

>legislating anything gun related, (((mandatory)))

>Me: Since guns exist whether we like it or not, how about we make guns AND training in how to safely and properly use them mandatory?

how about no?

Guns are simple machines.

Don't point the end that shoots shit at shit you don't want shot.

There's your training. Enjoy your gun.

I want to make it mandatory for everyone to have a gun at all times, that's as opposite from a grabber as anyone could ever be...unless your position is that guns should be surgically grafted to people against their will.

This is forcing them to keep and bear, not abridging.

Please explain to me how more laws help, after knowing most of these horrible tragedies happen in gun free zones?

Using your logic, issuing every person a handgun that they MUST BE REQUIRED TO CARRY, would achieve the same purpose. Let's eliminate gun free zones, because they obviously don't work.
Less loss of liberty.
Same cost. (Less loss of life, because you can't take my guns).
SHALL.

its like like driving a car then?
people should have a license to use a gun?

that is actualy a good plan

Aren't the Swiss armed to the fucking teeth, yet have a lot less gun crime. I don't believe they have any class or requirement. It's a cultural problem here in America. Not to mention, gun crimes are committed by people who already aren't able to have firearms, and nutcases. I'd just like to point out a majority of gun deaths are actually suicides... so, like I said, it's a cultural problem not a gun problem.

no

they should teach shooting in school

licensure is retard move

as it stands, safety is a non-issue because accidental discharge is extremely rare

it is pointless to require training outside of cc on a state-by-state basis

It's a roundabout way of enacting gun control. No training? No gun.

>Since guns exist whether we like it or not, how about we make guns AND training in how to safely and properly use them mandatory?

Great idea. I'm sure you're the first asshole to come up with this idea. Sorry, it's been tried, unfortunately the people who write the laws are too busy trying to shoehorn something else in on the DL. That's why we can't have any "common sense blah blah" no one ever writes that law. They try to get other shit in along with it. Things that would violate our rights.

Don't waste money on useless government programs.

*Dib* :-DDDD

that would shut a LOT of people up

nobody is trying to ban cars

Accidents are actually responsible for the majority of gun deaths in the US.

>mandatory training

Good idea on paper until you factor in the anti-gun agenda.

Make classes mandatory and they'll go after who is certified to train.

Or the requirements to pass. You need 5 rounds on paper at 500 yards to purchase a long gun. What, no 500 yard ranges in your state? Oh well, no rifle for you.

Or the cost of the classes, costs of becoming certified, add a tax here and there. Suddenly you've got a $500 course that can only be taught by 5 people in a state with 1,000,000 prospective gun owners and only a single range that meets the requirements.

It's just another avenue of denying rights.

Just look at CA. Bans detachable magazines, OKs magazines that can be detached with a tool. Then bans those because using a special tool to detach magazines is now a loophole.

The only endgame for these pieces of human shit is the complete disarmament of all citizens.

NOT!

I'll fucking level with you...

Repeal the NFA
Make gun safety training part of public education
Abolish "gun free zones"
National Reciprocity
Everything is "shall issue"
No restrictions (No AWB, no mag limits, etc)

Then we can have licensing. Fuck, you can fuck my girlfriend too while we're at it.

Until then, UNTIL you fucking see how much you've eroded my rights, I'm not giving a single fucking inch.

I guarantee a kid wrote this.

no, suicides are

accidents are extremely rare

>how about we make guns AND training in how to safely and properly use them mandatory?
No.

You (or more precisely, the government) don't get to dictate what hoops I must go through to exercise my constitutionally protected rights.

There would be no gun free zones, everyone would be armed in all places and at all times.

Training would include how to take down a shooter without injuring bystandards.

Training would be mandatory though, it would be a crime to refuse. The whole point is to have everyone armed and trained so everyone is equally able to defend themselves and others and equally able to stop a mass shooter on their own the moment he becomes a threat.

Really? Why do you think the left is pushing self driving cars so much? Do you think they will still let citizens drive themselves when "someone could get hurt"?

Call me insane, but I think the license system is a good idea.

Literally NOTHING else from Canadian gun laws are a good idea, mind you (such as banning types of guns and whatnot), but the licensing makes sense to me.

Also no I don't mean the restricted and non-restricted separation, get rid of that as well, just one license for any gun, a license that requires signatures from other people to ensure you're not insane, and courses to ensure that you know what you're doing.

You have some refunds to issue then since I'm 34.

People are required to have a license for concealed carry. Handguns and rifles require a background check, but are entitled to any American citizen through our second amendment. Anyone can buy a shotgun. You have to pay out the ass and take a ton of classes to own any full auto weapon.

There is no problem here, the problem is criminals, the mentally ill, and the media making a big deal out of it.

Mandatory training/certification/licensing/whatever is being done in a lot of places, like New Jersey.

100% of the time, without fail, the system in place is purposely loaded down with beurocracy, staffed by anti gun proponents, and warped into a tool to deny rights to citizens.

This isn't counting concealed carry, since that's a step beyond simple ownership, but as far as restrictions or mandatory anything to just own a gun? Sorry, but until I see a system implemented fairly, without arbitrary restrictions on things like gun color (new york), year+ waits for approval (new jersey), or mandating implementation of nonexistent or non functional technology (california), your proposal is just as bad as an outright ban.

Anti gun proponents will never be happy with anything less full disarmament, and any concession like your proposal will be implemented in the most draconian way possible. This is a simple fact that has already been proven.

Who needs guns when you can have an awesome Fedora and a Samari anime sword? Cutting down all the religious people's arguments with my awesome Brian skills.

>Call me insane, but I think the license system is a good idea.
You're insane.

The only way they can take our guns is if they know we have them and where we live.

>Training would include how to take down a shooter without injuring bystandards.

So what?

this user summed it up very well in short; fuck off

Well and know whether it's loaded or not

Yes.
All discussion must be shunted to the real question. It's not about guns, it's about how rights work. All of their brilliant suggestions, the unapologetically extreme and the quasi-reasonable, are identical on this point: they attach criteria to what had been God-given innate natural rights without criteria. The hate speech idea is the same.

we need to return to traditionalism when the country was based. we regressed due to marxism and need to unfortunately start off where we left off and work positively from there. thats the secret to beating marxism

regarding guns we need to teach kids how to shoot as a PE course through middle and high school, bb hand guns and rifles at targets

Pretty much all the safety training you need

How about just personal responsibility for the rest when it comes to becoming proficient and familiar with firearms?

>Mandatory training/certification/licensing/whatever is being done in a lot of places, like New Jersey.

Wait...New Jersey requires every single citizen to own a gun?

I'm not saying take your guns, though. Obviously keep the ones you have already. There would be like a two-year period for people to go through the courses and get their licenses so that the transition to a license system would be relatively smooth.

>how about we make guns AND training in how to safely and properly use them mandatory?

Lets also have classes on the 1st amendment. How about all the amendments you stupid fucking liberal. What is it about shall not infringe don't you understand?

This is pretty much an example of what total bullshit gun control laws are....

These laws sound just great to the very very ignorant.

You have a right to a gun, yes, AFTER training.

This is a hunting rifle, all rifles can be hunting rifles.

cause they are lazy assholes?

youtube.com/watch?v=AsTxS6tg6xc

You guys are missing the core point. Every single citizen gets trained and has to carry their gun at all times. No one gets to avoid training, no one gets to not have a gun. If you refuse training, jail, If you refuse to carry your gun, jail. There's where people without guns belong, jail, so we can protect them from all the people outside of jail who have guns, I'm sure anti-gun folks will feel much safer with only their guards having guns.

That's my point thank you

>Boy, everyone sure is stupid except for me...

I can train you to shoot any gun in about 10 minutes. But today we have youtube to do it for us.

>I'm not saying take your guns, though.
That's the only thing licensing aka registration leads to.

>Obviously keep the ones you have already.
Until the government decides that we can't have them anymore.

>There would be like a two-year period for people to go through the courses and get their licenses
So we'd have to wait 2 whole years in order to exercise our rights?

Imagine posting on Sup Forums and as soon as you click the "post" button, a two year timer clicks down. Once the timer is up, your post goes through. In the meantime, the government gets to decide if you're allowed to post or not.

>so that the transition to a license system would be relatively smooth.
You just don't fucking get it...

an ar-15 or ar-10 with wooden furniture and no pistol grip actually sounds kind of neat

maybe instead of regulating guns we should just teach people basic gun safety and handling, like all hunter safety courses already do.

in reality, get off my dick, im probably the most sane and level headed individual to use a gun that i know of. all regulations do is hurt the honest law abiding citizen, bans don't affect criminals, they broken the law to get a gun, let alone what they are about to do with it. you honestly think dindu saquiefa is going to follow any laws let alone read them?

I have a better argument: Could this be the MOST fedora tipping thread ever on Sup Forums???
>etc in a nutshell
>everyone but me is an idiot I am an enlightened intellectual
>wow, what sheeple implications
>I am the only smart person in a world filled with idiots and now I will enlighten the members of the anime imageboard I spend all my time in with my undeniable wit
>*teleports behind you*
>*unsheathes intelligence*

>You have a right to a gun, yes, AFTER training.
If you only have a right after jumping through hoops, it's not a right, it's a privilege that the government can take away at any time.

What you're not getting is that no matter what we do, Evil will sill look around every corner. Any legislation proposed will only hard the law-abiding citizen fro fighting this evil, because

CRIMINALS. DO NOT. FOLLOW. THE LAW.

> Since guns exist whether we like it or not, how about we make guns AND training

Well if that happened, I'll just go to a Hispanic friend that I know and pick up a gun from him. I don't want to pay for any safety training classes, so I'm just going to circumvent that bullshit.

Does that sound like a plan to you, OP?

>licensing aka registration
No.
I meant a license for YOU, not the guns themselves, it'd work like a driver's license.

>So we'd have to wait 2 whole years in order to exercise our rights?
No you mongoloid, you would have a two-year period to obtain a gun-owner's license.

Regulating rights is immoral.

Free speech licenses or tax stamps to go to church would both be equally silly.

this basically

>you have the right to the first amendment
>but only after proper training and mandatory sensitivity courses

What fucking mental asylum you came from?

>>So we'd have to wait 2 whole years in order to exercise our rights?
>No you mongoloid, you would have a two-year period to obtain a gun-owner's license.
Remove the second amendment and maybe we'll talk. Until then, it's a right.

>I think only hunting rifles and pistols should be legal. Anything beyond that is insanity and should be seized by the government.

The 2nd Amendment was in place for you to overthrow the government if it became tyrannical as said so by the founding fathers and most of their writings suggest they would have supported people to keep their assault rifles due to many writings talking about the people being equal in fire power to the US and before you pull you pull the bullshit argument of "you can't defeat the government" read pic related

We would all be better off if we just repealed the 13th amendment and licensed all niggers.

>I meant a license for YOU, not the guns themselves, it'd work like a driver's license.
You don't ask the goverment for permission to exercise constitutionally protected rights.

Besides...driving is a privilege, not a right. Owning/buying/carrying/using firearms is a right, not a privilege.

>No you mongoloid, you would have a two-year period to obtain a gun-owner's license.
In which for two years you're not allowed to own a firearm AND you'd be asking the government for permission to buy firearms AND you'd be forced to jump through whatever hoops the gungrabbing government set forth in order to buy firearms.

hnnnnnng.

still has a pistol grip

Gun safety should be taught in schools but now it would give everyone ptsd so its not gonna happen

This. Niggers are the problem in our country. Ship them back to Africa where they can't do any more harm.

And if every single citizen had a gun at all times, they'd all be able to stop criminals instead of being victims.

Yes I'm sure that someone willing to massacre innocent people for no reason will get a a lot out of the training!

How about the Jews? They're all the gungrabbers so let's ship them all back to Israel at the same time.

Feel good legislation ... if they only made murder illegal no one would do it.

But no really check out gun control utopia chicago & gun violence.

If you truly believe that owning something that dangerous should be a right, then fair enough, but why?

Why should it be a right?
And don't give me that "muh amendment" shit, I want a logical answer as to why you should have a RIGHT to own guns.

No, "muh militia" doesn't work, the government has drones, they can kill you easily.

Bring back school marksman clubs!

we dont have a gun problem, we have a nigger problem.

This is very simple.

Whether guns are legal or not, criminals will have guns.

The only viable solution is to make sure non-criminals also have guns. We'll have less crime if potential criminals know for a fact that everyone they try to hurt or rob will be armed.

This is just basic logic.

>White(Hispanic)
>White
>Hispanic

>Gun safety should be taught in schools but now it would give everyone ptsd so its not gonna happen

There was a time when kids were taught about guns in classrooms where five kids in the class had lost their fathers in WW-II.

Do you really think it's that easy to just buy a gun on the black market?
Because it's not.

Again, they have fucking drones now, what's the point of even trying to fight back at that point?
You can try, sure, but it won't work.

Did you even read the image?

Are you...intending to respond to someone else? The things you say seem really disconnected from the things I say.

I said nothing about the black market, nothing at all.

Here's you and me arguing:
Me: People can use guns to defend themselves
You: Swiss cheese is the best kind of cheese for a sandwich
Me: Um...ok...what's that got to do with anything?

Nice straw-man, and deflection. Still, no matter what you, or anyone else does, more legislation will not work. Criminals don't follow the law, but if you really want to take that line of logic, consider the following:

Only the shooter is armed: Small chance for survival.

More than the shooter armed: Higher chance of survival, because they can return fire.

I don't understand whats so hard to understand about that.

>If you truly believe that owning something that dangerous should be a right, then fair enough, but why?
I don't have to justify it. It's my right. On top of it being a right, it's a right protected by my constitution.

You have to justify why I shouldn't be allowed to have it.

>Why should it be a right?
Fine...To protect my life, freedom, family and property from those who would take my life, freedom, family and property.

>No, "muh militia" doesn't work, the government has drones, they can kill you easily.
And those people who pilot the drones can be shot. Their commanding officers can be shot. Their politicians can be shot. And if one is in a particularly vile mood, their families can be shot.
Also, pic related.

So all the globalists have to do to defeat your scenario is become instructors, then fail everybody.
You made a boner, OP. You goofed.

They used to lump Hispanic crime in with white crime as the same to make nigger crime look better and white crime appear far worse. But that has been solved now that everyone found out what the fuck they were doing there.

Thus that odd awkward reworked question now on the background check forms.

You're requiring someone exercise a freedom, so while I agree everyone that wants to carry a gun should be trained, it's up to them.

This is simple: you should be responsible for your own safety. Don't count on the police or the government to protect you. They should do their damnedest, but it's ultimately upon you.

So you believe you should just have this right without any logical reason?

That's fucking stupid.

a fucking leaf.

There is no need to even hyphenate it anymore, its just a fucking leaf

Why does that matter even when they did that, nigger crime still didn't look better you fucking retard

I did, yes, and it's still retarded.

Even if the citizens are as armed as the officers, the officers are better-trained.

The military is also better-trained, and they also have more equipment then any citizen could ever dream of.

Yes, I'm talking talking about the actual officers and soldiers now.

It's still stupid.

>So you believe you should just have this right without any logical reason?
It's a right. I don't have to justify it.

You have to justify why I shouldn't have that specific right. So far, you've failed to do so. Quite miserably I might add.

Though I can and I did.

>That's fucking stupid.
Said the person who said I shouldn't be allowed to own semi-automatic rifles because they're "dangerous".