5/10

>Tyler the Creator / Vince:
Tyler- 9/10
Vince- 6/10
>Andrew Jackson Jihad:
10/10
>Injury Reserve
8/10

The AJJ one was super fucking cool since literally everyone knew the lyrics to every single song, and the two bands that played before them (Treasure Mammal, Fishboy) were so fun that it made the whole night worth the three hour drive.

i went to a motley crue festival in like 2008 and didn't even see any bands play because i passed out drunk in my car. only concert ive been to

>TFW the FLips haven't toured in my state since 2013 and don't even have any tour dates scheduled within 500 miles
Why live

>My friends' band
7/10
>Some local blues/psych bands
8/10
>Baroness & Red Fang
10/10

>tfw never been to any concert

>The wombats
7/10
>Andrew w k
10/10
>honest goodbye (friends band)
0/10 (they need to stop

I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan but I saw them a while back and they kinda sucked live imo, they took like half an hour to set everything up and whatever.

Same Tbh

you act like its hard to go to one

>Mount Eerie
9/10
>Avey Tare
8/10
>Animal Collective Preforming Sung Tongs
10/10 best show of my life, may never see a concert again

its hard going to a GOOD one where I live

>Tiny Moving Parts / Mom Jeans / Oso Oso
TMP - 7.5
Mom Jeans - 8
Oso oso - 6
>Milo, Ceshi, JPEGMAFIA, Niklas Oliver
Milo - 3/10
Ceshi - 5/10
JPEGMAFIA - 8/10
Niklas - 2/10
>BROCKHAMPTON
9.5/10

Never been to one but going to see MGMT in Atlanta.

[spoiler]GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU HEARD ME RIGHT[/spoiler]

Why brock so high?
Fuck off fantano drone.

so close...

Injury Reserve is awesome live. I'm glad they're finally doing headline shows. I saw them open for the Underachievers in Boston and the crowd was garbage. one girl even tried booing em off the stage.
Seeing them in Boston, pretty hyped. Wondering who the opener will be since they haven't made any announcement yet and I'm praying its Ariel pink

cringe

Alvvays: 8.5/10
Earth, Wind and Fire: 9/10
Ought: 9.5/10

The energy they brought was unbelievable and they did every verse flawlessly. Also discovered them from all american trash so I've been a fan before fandango destroyed the fanbase

fuck my last 3 are fantanocore

>Brockhampton (Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theater / Feb 11 2018)
9/10
Would be a 10 but the crowd was annoying and too young for my taste but it's brockhampton so I didn't expect anything more. The show itself was fantastic. The guys have so much energy on stage and interact with the audience without taking away from the show.
I took my brother to this one, I got him into them when AAT came out and he likes them more than I do at this point. I'm glad we got to experience an artist we both like together because our music tastes rarely cross.

>Danny Brown (Detroit, MI @ Club Fantasy / Nov 22 2017)
9/10
Only complaint is that it was too short. Literally the only complaint. Easily one of the best concerts I've ever been to. The crowd was great, too. Danny Brown is easily one of the most creative rappers around right now and his show doesn't disappoint.

>Death Grips (Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theater / Oct 23 2017)
10/10
The only thing I would have changed is adding Bottomless Pit (the song) to the setlist. The crowd was great, didn't see many memefags so that was nice. Everyone was happy to be there. No retarded arguments between crowd members unlike the first time I saw them (at least around me).

I'll add some more just because I want to

>LCD Soundsystem (Detroit, MI @ Masonic Temple / Nov 3 2017)
9/10
Crowd was a bunch of drunks but the band put on a great show as they always do. They've refined their set very well so you know it's going to be good. Every member on stage has an important role as it doesn't sound like they have any pre-recorded tracks whatsoever.

>The Weeknd (Detroit, MI @ Little Caesars Arena / Nov 1 2017)
>7/10
No interaction felt with the crowd whatsoever, security was very aggressive but only toward some people. The Weeknd has a good live set and stage presence but it wasn't worth the $150 for the floor spots I got. This was another one I took my brother to. He loved it so it wasn't a total waste

>Harsh noise/industrial dance basement show
10/10 (was high)
>Mayhem/Immolation/Black Anvil
9/10
>Amon Amarth
6/10

What's Milo like live?

Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun tour
8.5/10
>Jesu / Sun Kil Moon tour
Started off 0/10 because he read his shitty poem he made before going on stage or something for way too long. Rest of the performance was 8/10.
>Jenny Hval - Blood Bitch tour
9/10

He played mostly back catalogue material and fiddled with his equipment a good amount of the time. there was a ton of stage banter which wouldnt have been such a bad thing if it didnt take up half of the set. I heard from people after that hes not normally that bad, like it was unusually bad that night compared to other times they've seen them.

>Polica
6/10
>Devil Makes 3
9/10
>Vulfpeck
8/10

>Jazz Q
9/10, didn't know who they were but that old geezer on the keyboard had more energy than me

>Dos Mas Uno
8/10, pretty good, obviously didn't understand a word because they're Spanish but their synergy is great.

>Some classical concert
7/10, it was entertaining

Where did you see TMP?

Remo Drive: 8/10
Death From Above 1979: 9/10
Queens of the Stone Age: 8/10

>destroyer
8/10 sound was really good but too much standing
>daniel romano
7/10 way better live
>ty segall
6/10 he had no energy

>Drake
8/10
>The Weeknd
7/10
>Flatbush Zombies - Run the Jewels
8/10 - 5/10

the Sinclair in Cambridge

>Mogwai
7/10 they got a lot of music I hadn't listened to which was hit and miss but when it was good it was really good, they also played mogwai fear satan which made me the happiest boy in the worl

>King Krule
8/10 this guy is 100 times better in person than he is on record. I'd only heard his big hits before really but everyone else was loving it, v sweaty and intense gig in the best way.

>Run the Jewels with Danny Brown
RTJ - 9/10 Amazing stage presence, amazing crowd, amazing music. Sweaty as shit, gave my buddy a panic attack so you know it was good
Danny Brown 8.5/10 Feel like most of the crowd were there for RTJ but there were still a lot of people who were liking it. Probs would have been a 9/10 if the rest of the crowd liked it as much as I did

>Death Grips
9/10

>Run the Jewels / Danny Brown / Denzel Curry
10/10

>Portugal. The Man
4/10

are you the dude that posted on hhh?, milos set sounded dreadful but JPEGMAFIA's sounded pretty great?

>Remo Drive
8.5/10, pretty good performers but a lot of cunts in the crowd
>Brockhampton
7/10, again, lots of energy but the crowd was especially shit
>Local House Show
8/10

I live in chicago, so I get ALL BANDS coming through.

Riot fest (late 2017) - 10/10 NIN/MINISTRY/NEW ORDER!!!
nin was fucking mindblowing. Been a fav since i was 10 but never saw them before. Also caught like 5 mins of paramore and wuntang too.

LIGHTNING BOLT (January 2018) - 10/10
it was fucking LB, anyone who has seen them before knows what I'm talking about.

TODAY IS THE DAY - 7/10
This was two days ago. All three opening bands were horrible but TITD fucking crushed it. They decided to play heavy and fast

>Swans (At Warsaw Brooklyn)
10/10
>Josh Craig (some NYC DJ at Foolsgold Brooklyn)
6/10
>GEOTHEORY (At Foolsgold Brooklyn)
7/10 would have been higher, but there were like nobody there.

was gonna see that lcd show but was short on money, it was on my birthday too :^(
glad to see you had a good time tho

how is little caesars arena as a venue? i've been living on the west side of the state for the past two years and haven't gone to a show there yet.

>ajj w/ joyce manor
6/10 only stayed for ajj and like two of joyce manors songs. ajj mostly played from bible 2. i saw them in the fall two years ago and it was just way better.

>modest mouse
7/10 the crowd was awful. modest mouse was good but the opener was also just really bad.

>ben folds
9/10 was just him and a piano, he took requests thru paper airplane it was cool. also didn't realize a lot of middle aged people listen to him like 2/3 of the crowd looked like someones parents

shit open mic at my school that my friend performed an of montreal song and a mountain goats song - 3/10 but my friend is solid 6-8/10

death grips - 10/10 went on shrooms

tame impala - 6/10 seats were shitty, show was short

japandroids: 7/10
Green Day: 10/10 (theyre amazingly energetic still)
Arcade Fire: 4/10

Radiohead is next.

>Tony Clay and Hanny J acoustic
Good shit. Big TC played my favourite song from his band, which I haven't heard live before. Hanny's pretty cool too.

>Self Talk/Foly!/Georgia Maq/The Flying SO High-Os
The So High-Os are one of my favourites and they were playing some great new stuff from their new album, they have a guy who plays guitar, trumpet and accordion and their lead guy plays a nylon string guitar which adds a reaaly cool element into their sound. Maq is from a band that I like and played some good stuff, and Foley! were fucking fantastic, they had to borrow the So High-Os' bass player and they attached helium balloons to his belt with names of songs inside them and popped them to decide the order. I forget Self Talk.

>New Years' party show
like 5 bands, several of my favourites, was a fantastic lineup and a killer show

I don't think I've ever been to a show I didn't like

sabaton/kreator 9/10 for kreator, 8/10 for sabaton
ne obliviscaris 3/10, utter wank and the sound was garbage
dark tranquillity 9/10, stanne is fantastic live

>Amon Amarth/Sabaton/Skeletonwitch
8/10
>Mac Miller
-2/10
I haven't been to any other concerts

Constantly talks about how great Drumpf is

Xiu Xiu x some english industrial guy 9/10
Faust 8/10
Flying lotus 8/10

>Brockhampton
9/10
>Mount Eerie
10/10
>New Order
Truthfully like a negative 5 but I'm a stan so 7

>Palm
7/10
>King Crimson
8/10
>Ghost
7.5/10

The ills (slovak post rock band) 4/10
Fennesz 5/10
Tricky 4/10

>Peter Hook plays New Order and Joy Division
6/10
>Godspeed
7/10
>Mac Demarco
8.5/10

Might be Connan Mockasin since they are very close now but we'll see

>Beak>
8/10
>Gorillaz
6/10
>Michael Gira
7/10

Going to LA show, bummed to see that Siberian Breaks wasnt in their Europe setlist so im praying they play it.

Exodus/Testament-both 9/10

Guns ‘n’ Roses-9/10

Tesla/Poison/Def Leppard-Tesla was a 6, not impressed, Poison was an 8, good band, Def Leppard was a 8/10, I’m taking off from their score because they were on stage for only an hour and a half and didn’t play anything from their first album.

>Protomartyr
6/10
>Alex Cameron
9/10
>Slowdive
8/10

>Twin Peaks
3/10
>Rival Sons
8/10
>Wolf Alice
7/10

Going to see King Gizz in a few days, what should I expect ?

>Unkle Adams
10/10

Paradise Lost 8/10
Nick Cave 10/10
Steven Wilson 9/10

>Gorillaz
9/10
>BADBADNOTGOOD
8/10
>Girl Band
7/10

Haven't been to a concert in a while.
>Deafheaven right after Sunbather came out
4/10 music was fine but the crowd was lower energy than I like .
>Mastadon & Dethklok right after Dethalbum 2
9/10 super fun, high energy, great mosh pits and visuals for each band. Lots of cosplayers.
>Shpongle (without the full band)
3/10 ehhh

>Boris
10/10
>Dinosaur Jr.
9/10
>Slowdive
9/10

last year was very good

>King Gizzard
10/10
>Red Hot Chili Peppers
8/10
>Bon Iver 9/10

nope, glad someone out there agrees though.

>Magma
9/10
>Laraaji
8/10
>tribute night to Jaki Liebezeit
10/10, was pretty great to see a lot of well-known krautrock and free-jazz musicians perform together. definitely one of the most memorable shows i've been to

>magnetic fields
ripping
>magnetic fields
ripping
>i donno
i donno

any concert can be a good one with a lot of drugs.

haha woah that really opened up my
Minds Eye!

>PTM 4/10
have to agree with that, john gourley is so far up his own arse i couldnt tell it was him on stage

expect between 7-10

> QOTSA
9/10
was drunk af
>Alt J
4/10
dont like em, won the ticket in a raffle

>Local Funk/Jazz gig with 3 Drummers, 2 Bass Players, Piano, Sax and Vocals
10/10 Best Shit I've ever witnessed in my fucking life

Pond 10/10
Father John Misty 7/10
Tokimonsta 10/10

was a fucken mean festival i tell ya

>A house party where a bunch of hipsters sat on the floor, smoked viceroys and drank craft beer, and watched this guy play the drums and another guy rap, with a macbook pro playing lo-fi beats in the background. My ex gf was there with all her dumbass hipster friends that dress weird and take too much LSD, they glared at me the whole time. I was having a massive panic attack the whole time. I left after 45 mins.

0/10

>A warehouse studio's debut concert, with 4 different 20 minute acts, which were: a dream pop keyboard/vocals duo; an EDM dj set, with part of the Glow pt. 2 in the middle; a mostly instrumental guitarist, who brought on another guy to sing for the last couple songs, ending with an indie rock cover of White Iverson; and my friend's band, a 5 piece (generic) indie rock band. I snorted ketamine in the middle of the second act, which drastically increased my enjoyment of the music.

9/10

>Tyler, the Creator

8/10

smoking viceroys is all well and good but have u ever eaten a viscount

>ket
god dam had an MD+ket a few weeks ago at a house party, i was tired and had been reading fantasy shit earlier that day, actually it was a halloween party, day of the dead shit everywhere, had a few js before hand as well, man i freaked and ended up coma'd in the field next to the venue thinking about mortality, all i can say is dont mix if you dont know what youre getting into and make sure your dealer isnt at the party plying you too much and taking advantage of your drunk ass. but bro that warehouse shit sounded dope man

when i went to see them, stu sipped some beer and did a big burp right into the microphone. it was probably the best concert i had ever seen.

um disgusting?

What city are you in? NY?

lol nope, Victoria, BC, Canada.

See you in Boston fellow user

Oh nice, I wish there was a music scene where I live. For living in California I’m stuck in a shitty area. Inland Empire

>Orquesta Sinfónica de la Argentina + Coro de Ciegos de Buenos Aires
6/10 (only because I'm a turbo pleb who can't enjoy classical that much)

>Xiu Xiu
8/10

>Some random local bands
5/10 most bands
8/10 one specific band that was grossly superior to the other ones

Actually, just remembered I went to a metal concert of locals bands last week. I'm going to write about it because it was by far THE WORST concert I ever been to.
1/10 fuck that band.

alt-j: 8/10
roger waters: 9/10
local band (port royal): 8/10

What was wrong with the Palm concert?

starting with most recent

>King Crimson - fall tour
had second row seats, felt like being hit by a cannonball on their more powerful songs, 11/10; they also performed Breathless, much to my surprise
>Herbie Hancock/God himself
the musicianship was top-knotch obviously, but I was hoping for a few more individual songs (he did intersperse Spiraling Prism and Butterfly into Overture though); can't complain because it was interesting all the way through, 9/10
>King Crimson summer tour
Sitting up by the mezzanine really changes the whole feeling of the concert in retrospect, but it's fucking Crimson so I can't complain, 10/10

>Godspeed You! Black Emperor
10/10
intense, loud and very atmospheric

>AUTOBAHN
8/10
confident synth-based post punk with influences from kraftwerk/krautrock in general and some pretty nice noise parts

>Caspian Sea Monster
7/10
Post Rock thats not really inventing anything new, but is executed in a clean way

these happened on the same festival, same day
(also keep in mind i was on the front row the whole time)

>kali uchis
7/10
i'd never really listened to her music but she put on a pretty good show and her backing band was just awesome

>vince staples
again, i'd never really listened to him but it was the worst show i've ever seen, he was alone on stage, no set dressing or anything, he was rapping over shitty instrumentals, zero communication with the audience and he looked like he was reading the lyrics

>gorillaz
11/10
i'm a big fan of them and this one was just amazing, the band was fucking tight, the setlist was really good and i even got to shake hands with albarn

brighter death now 8/10

xeimerinoi kolymbhtes 10/1

xiu xiu 8/10

>Alien Ant Farm
7/10
Soil
>2/10
Death Grips
>8/10

Drab Majesty - meh
Mueran Humanos - ok
King Dude - meh

>Godspeed you! Black emperor
10/10
>Protomartyr
7/10
>Thurston Moore band
9/10

>John Maus
Gary War? - 6/10
John Maus - 9/10

>Milo & JPEGMAFIA
JPEGMAFIA - 7/10
Elucid - 5/10
Milo - 4/10

>American Nightmare
Spiritual Cramp - 6/10
Protestor - 7/10
Pissed Jeans - 9/10
American Nightmare - 9/10

>Bleached
9/10
>Phantogram
7/10
>Sleigh Bells
10/10
I think the alcohol might have affected my experience though

>GYBE
based
where did you see them? did they play moya?

Jeff rosenstock puts on an 8/10 minimum everytime. Such a fun dude.

>Dweezil Zappa
7/10
>Ian Anderson
6/10
>Radiohead
8/10

>Kanye
10/10
>Kanye
10/10
>Kanye
10/10

>kanye
7/10 but i'm bitter i wasn't under the platform

>danny brown
10/10

>secret circle
8/10

>Ulcerate
8/10
>Arcturus
9/10
>Kafrillion
9/10

I went only to one "real" concert last year because it was the only interesting band that came to my city and I was bitter after losing my chance to see Swans on 2016, but whatever:

>A local female rapper that played at a party on my university, and also a literal meme in my country; played one song and left
0/10

>A DJ set in an "alternative" fashion store that sells cool shit with cheaper prices than most stores; copped a shirt before I left and the DJ's selection was decent
6/10

>BADBADNOTGOOD
9/10, just because the crowd was full of stoners and they played only stuff from III and IV, but still, amazing performances.

This year looks good for concerts in my city though, I hope I can afford to see De La Soul and The Holydrug Couple next month, and Steven Wilson is scheduled to perform on May apparently.

GirlPool and Land of Talk (First Unitarian Church) 7.5/10

LCD Soundsystem (Brooklyn Steel)
10/10

Ariel Pink (Union Transfer)
10/10