You have 5 mins to pitch your best Harry potter tv show that will air on HBO with any director and team behind it...

you have 5 mins to pitch your best Harry potter tv show that will air on HBO with any director and team behind it.. casting choices is optional.
go

youtube.com/watch?v=2WhhS2maFEs

No thanks
I'm gonna go stretch my legs instead

"No!"

the lore is good, lots of stuff there to milk the world

rons brother dragon hunting or whatever. i think that was a thing in the books right? or his brother being an auror(sp?) and doing magic police stuff if that was his job. otherwise do a show about magic police

or do a show about the adventures of kid tom riddle, dumbledor, harrys parents, or hagrid

D U L L E S T

Harry Potter the Show! It's Harry Potter Gets Blacked! The whole original cast gets blacked! We'll even do a hologram Alan Rickman! It'll be *very* progressive!!

Director: Alfonso Cuaron
Following the marauders in their school years.

Waiting for the pasta desu

>Be some sort of genius
>End up as a ministry worker
lmao

Not a bad line of work. It's a safe position and there's relatively not bad money in it.

Deadwood but in Diagon Alley.

True Detective like hard-ass gritty detective show.
There's a wizard using his powers on the muggle world to rape and kill women.
Two wizard detectives have to track him down.

I get to fuck Emma Watson in front of a camera.

I would love doing a show like this in the Harry Potter universe, though maybe have it more anthology like, in that they work a couple of cases per season (more like an NCIS setup, though with multiple episodes devoted to each bad guy). Let's be honest, most of the time black magic is way more interesting than the normal kind, and seeing that in the Harry Potter world would be amazing.

It could theoretically happen. J.K Rowling has written a detective story before.

Riddle

Follows Tom Riddle's experience at Howarts, leading up to his eventual expulsion and creation of the Death Eaters.

With 59 minutes of filler

Follows a guy or gal who works for either the ministry or some other crappy job and who one day decides enough is enough.
They go into work the next day and use the 3 "unforgivable" spells on the whole building.

Eventually our heroes some goody two shoes is set to catch them and bring them in. They can't understand why they did it and assume they must be evil.

Really they did it because magic is a waste in the magical world and that all that school work meant jack because they didn't need magic at all.

Decides to get conventional weapons from the "muggles" and wage war on magic itself.

Full of irony that will go over the heads of most.

Set after cursed child bs, say 2020ish
Twins separated at birth both start Hogwarts at the same time
One's good, a typical Cedric Diggory-type character
One's bad, like a young Tom Riddle

They have a rivalry obviously. But they don't find out they're twins until the end of the first season or something
And then they adopt a familial bond, despite still being rivals

Series would be a dramedy. First seasons would be boarding-school banter
The storylines would get a bit darker each season as they grew up

Nobody wants to watch some limp dick micro penis fatass neckbeard faggot last 3 seconds with an average looking brit tard, fuck face.

Oh and they are a hugglepoff.

The team presenting this will be the Game of Thrones crew who do things because "it made sense creatively" and not logically.
Expect the worst and watch it be praised for being amazing.

A wizard a and squib are sent by the ministry of magic to investigate a magical conspiracy in non magical new york(a drug triggering magical effects in muggles?).

the squb is sent since the wizard has never even been to a non magical city, has no idea how to drive a car ,etc. though he is arguably the more effective of the 2 since he worked as a police officer for many years in the muggle world.

the wizard learns a lot about the muggle world to the audiences amusement and uses his magic to do stuff the cops cant.

J(oke)K Rowling plagiarises other books and TV shows like Doctor Who and continues to fail at creating a believable world with magic.

I'd pull down my pants and take a shit on a producer's desk before I'd agree to take part in further milking the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>no image
un fucking believable I knew this board was going to shit

I don't know much at all about hp, but I personally would be interested in a completely separate story about completely separate kids going to a completely separate wizarding school. One in America maybe? I know Rowling released that list of where the other schools are supposed to be but I don't remember if there are any american ones or not

ron looks good in that pic
anyone have HQ pic?

Twin Peaks: Auroras

Exactly like Twin Peaks but add wands, some moving pictures, and make them wizards

Where's my award?

dude on le hbo the most epic channels of all time lmao

The Office, but with magic

The most prominent magic school in China (with all white cast) must work with the most prominent magic school in America (with all black cast) to repel an invading alien race from a different dimension that seeks to destroy all magic from the mundane world. Then it turns out the aliens are the good guys and they come from the future where magic destroyed Earth. To solve this problem the population of Earth must interbreed with the aliens and create a new race of brown skinned, brown eyed, and black haired mudbloods who can't use magic.