vocaroo.com/i/s15R0prYiSow
clyp.it/h0fr5utn
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U
clyp.it/enpmkvdj
clyp.it/h24fwoyp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How shit is this bass
clyp.it/h5ogxive

Honestly the groove seems pretty steady for the most part, the awful mixing detracts from any enjoyment though. Also it sounds like some of the melodic runs are a bit above the player's skill level, so that could use some tightening up.

If there was a movie about your life this is the music that would be playing when you're getting your dick sucked ny another man for money. That's how the bass sounds

poetry

thanks.
>so that could use some tightening up.
do you have any tips for that

What do you think of my autistic project so far?

what happened to the headstock, looks retarded

that is the ugliest damn neck i've ever seen

now just carve the body into a different shape, paint it another color, and install electronics.

Does it intonate correctly? If I'm not mistaken that's a guitar body and the bridge placement looks too convenient..

Yeah, I cut it down at some point because I'm retarded.
Thanks, it's from a Hofner Shorty bass.
I'll just install electronics and do a string through body far enough behind the bridge so it can take long scale strings.
Yes it does, I measured it and it does intonate correctly after putting the strings on. It's a short scale neck, neat coincidence that it basically sits where the original guitar bridge was.

By the way, if anyone has an idea how I could salvage that headstock somehow and make it look less stupid I'm up for suggestions.

I guess it'd look slightly less retarded if you rounded the top corners.

I thought about doing something similar to an Epiphone or Gibson headstock, but I'm not sure if there is enough material left.

bump

"He opens the fridge and realize nothing waits for him there, but he is not sad nor worried, because blowjob soup is on the menu again." With that music on the back.
I don't think you can do anything. Just don't fuck it more.

I could glue the piece that I sawed off back on, lel. I still have it lying around.

My mutt.

Squier body
Mighty mite neck
Fender noiseless pickups

I want a humbucker in the bridge. Are hot rails a meme?

>Fender noiseless pickups
Which ones?

most recent interation of my board.

Thinking of dropping the boneshaker for something else, it's alright as another lead option but between my muff and two drive channels on my amp I'm not exactly in need of it. to take its space on the board, maybe a BitQuest? looper or modulation pedal in the fxloop are options too.

more straightforward but I'd like to replace the FB-2 with a proper EQ. it's basically always on because I use the bass/treble knobs to sculpt my tone abit.

whatever the ones in a classic player strat are.

The 7 string guitar I got was a Jackson Pro SL 7. I got it brand new for $500 off. I've been learning some tech death songs and wanted to be able to play some more modern stuff (Archspire, Revocation, Rivers of Nihil).

I'll be using it for weird chord voicings in some other songs too. This is a stock photo.

25.5" scale, ebony fretboard, alumiloid pirahna inlays, maple neck thru a mahogany body, FRT 2 trem.

I recently listened to some songs that incorporate an E-Bow.

Now I do not have any experience with it. Is it wort the price? I mean its 90€ after all...or is it just a gimmick?

Practice

Dope bands

Going to put some jazz flats on ol girl, and have her set up professionally. How much should I expect to pay. It's a standalone, independent guitar repair shop, white glove operation, not GC.

Suggestions for a first metal guitar? I get I can use whatever, but I'm looking for one purpose built but not gimmicky. I remember back in my high school days of nu metal, it was all about Ibanez. Where are we now with these types of guitars?

Or would I be better off throwing in a JB/SH or EMG combo into my Les Paul?

>Or would I be better off throwing in a JB/SH or EMG combo into my Les Paul?
That's a good option, or you could look into new guitars with those pickups, even though they are not so cheap.
Check Charvel MIM, Jackson Indonesia, Ibanez Indonesia and Schecter S. Korea. They are all around 500-1000 usd.

>That's a good option, or you could look into new guitars with those pickups, even though they are not so cheap.

I've seen 2 (I know there are more) LTDs that have these combos, the ESP LTD EC-1000 Piezo, which has the SD combo, and their EC-1000 with EMG 81/60 combo, both for around $800-1000. I also have an EMG 81/85 set from my high school days, but it's in a shit guitar and been sitting for over 12 years.

Is LTD decent? I keep thinking of them like an Epiphone quality instrument, especially when compared to their parent company.

No more than $80. Preferably around $40-$60

>I keep thinking of them like an Epiphone quality instrument
Fuck no. That LTD is a very good guitar, both versions. Are you for riffs or solos? For riffs that LTD is quite good, but not so comfy for high speed up the neck.

If you have to ask it's probably not worth it for you. It's an essential tool for me, never even questioned the cost.

stop with the fuckin anime feet is has nothing to do with guitars u weebz

>Are you for riffs or solos?

More riffs. Solos are, for the most part, a quick way to get me to lose interest in a song.

Then go LTD. They are really nice guitars and this year's models have more color options.

fuckin beauty

playing's pretty much fine, just make it lower in the mix and you could really benefit from a higher end microphone than whatever you're using

Anyone struggle with B minor shaped barre chords for a while? I have been able to play F, F minor and B flawlessly for a while but for some reason I just fuck my shit up when I go to B minor. I done know why, shouldn’t be any harder than F.

I only struggle when fingering a minor

Hah. You’re alright user.

is the telecaster modern player plus a great compromise if I can't decide between a strat and a tele? I'm a pretty versatile player myself.

Have you given your praise to glorius nippon music today? They're the ones keeping guitar music alive! Still amazes me how distortions are treated as something generic there even in this decade

youtu.be/A1moTYFVc3k (actual playing starts at 2:30)

>actual playing
autistic screeches movable octaves are not keeping guitar alive. It's a nice Pacifica, though.

Just get the strat, unless you hate the shape.

what exactly

strat costs 100 bucks more tho.

Does the telecaster have any noiseless positions? If not always get the strat, if so get whichever body shape you like more

MiM Strat VS MiChina Tele you might as well buy a Squire, cuz you're paying for a sticker.
>in b4 squire shill get out

The playing isn't great yeah but that kind of song is the literal definition of guitar centric music and what make guitar centric music great. Just remove the anime vocals

youtu.be/Akzyitniolk
youtu.be/T8Rfb1Jtmic

You have serious issues. Do you have an Alien?

>You have serious issues
No such things, I'm very normal
>Do you have an Alien?
No

G&L Tribute legacy, it's a great pick

found a semi-affordable second-hand Telecaster recently, a real rarity in this part of the world. Gonna meet up with the guy and try it out tomorrow, but I'd like to hear your opinions based on the looks alone.

kek

Ibanez for cleans?

Keep in mind that the modern player series is made in China by the way. It's basically a squier, it just says fender on there for some reason. I'd get a mim strat if they're anywhere near the same price.

Not sure what we're supposed to tell you, looks like it's in very good condition judging by the pics alone, so I would guess that the guy took good care of it. Definitely check it out in person though.

Check the serial number on fenders website to make sure it's not fake. Always a good first step.

>essential tool
Well I don't know man maybe it can be one for me too.

I mean I dont know for now it seems like a nice gimmick for spheric sounds and all so very situational

>Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe Mocha Brown
If you can get it for a decent price say, under or right around $500.
Looks legit.

Are boomers any good?

vocaroo.com/i/s15R0prYiSow

Does anyone else here like avant-garde? This is my own composition that I have been working on for a few weeks, Rodents in a Combine Harvester. I hope it makes you question what music is.

i have no one to show this to maybe you guys may like it

clyp.it/h0fr5utn

so far theyre my least favorite of all the strings ive tried

They can't be worse than Ernie Ball super slinky

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U

I had ghs boomers on my bass and after taking the strings off once to take off the pickguard and putting them on again the A string was dead. I can and have put daddarios on tons of different basses, taken them off and reused them, countless times without a string ever suddenly going dead on me.
Doesn't speak for GHS's quality control IMO.

It's always easy to tell when people aren't actually into free improvisation. You play like you're joking, no sense of thoughtfulness or deliberation. But I guess that was part of the joke. Good one!

Yes, especially with that single coil in the middle

how do you find pictures like in the op? hop on danbooru and look up guitar and feet tags? asking for a friend

r8 or h8 bass
clyp.it/enpmkvdj

out of tempo

r u comparing with the metronme or voice

I'm sorry you didn't like it, I'll keep working on it.

both

mean

glad you like it user

Best playing and recording I have heard so far here. I don't dig the music so much, but that's 'cause of my preferences. Keep the good job.

pls respond

Ha! It works, break angle over the saddles isn't great but it can take long scale strings or short scale strings now.

I'm a retard and forgot the pic

Nice meme

Never tried them, after playing EB Hybrid for many years I like the mellower tone of nickels. I tried D’Addario's and to me they're terrible.
Which brings me to this point, string choice is highly subjective, no one set is good for everybody, and there are no wrong choices as long as it sound good to you and fit's your playing style.

That was pro playing! Not pro sound, tho. Guitar needs to be re-amped with something less harsh. That was my first impression, anyway.

For an idiot moeblob, Yui sure can play
Does anyone else think Pacifica's look super clean?

>tfw tall, beautiful blonde girl wants to jam with me
>she plays banjo (extremely well), I am a good singer and an inexperienced though improving guitarist

What do? How do I stop autism ruing everything? If I was to perform my songs with her I know that her looks alone would get a crowd paying attention.

this is my favorite pedal
fight me.

Fuck off samuel I’m so sick of hearing you ruin this song.

She probably thinks since you’re a singer and not a guitar player that you could be her new gay best friend. Or she’s going to cuck you for someone who knows how to play an instrument

Where did you meet her? Why does she want to play with you, user?

And now dad?
clyp.it/h24fwoyp

Pacifica's what?

Stop insulting me that, i'm not even brazilian.

>Stop insulting me that, i'm not even brazilian.
What are you?

How do I form a small jazz group? I play bass and just started playing upright and I'm pretty good, at least halfway decent. Anybody here play jazz? I know some brass and guitarists and pianists but idk if they play by ear at all, which is what I would want to do

I got one as a gift. I've used it on maybe two recordings. Its cool but it's a gimmick. I wouldn't say worth 100 bucks but if you can find a used one there ya go.

Algerian

how do you even play jazz, i think its impossible