Worst Movie You've Ever Seen

No memes. No baiting. What is the worst movie you've ever seen and why? For me, Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet. Reasons in next post.

block

Just watched it and took some chronological notes/thoughts as it played. Planning on a full review.

tl;dr Spastically incomprehensible directing/editing, horrid acting, worst choice of adapting everything but the script, Romeo and Juliet sucks to begin with

nice trips but filtered

Eat shit. This movie was a great take on the story. It retained the substance the story had while injecring it with a ton of style and pizzaz that a lot of younger viewers can appreciate.

Gangster Squad.

Literally the only movie I have ever fallen asleep during. It must have been really crappy or dumb or something because I always watch movies all the way through. Even if I start watching a Lifetime movie I'll finish it.

Sword is the gun manufacturer of the weapons used, so you can remove that from your autistic list.

Also, I thought it was pretty bold to keep the original dialogue in the modern setting.

Kill yourself my man

You're a fag my man

I will always remember the scene where father Capulet or whatever yells "get me my sword hoe" and pulls out a fucking shotgun

emma stone's in it tho

Zerophilia

Safe Haven

SLC Punk 2

The close up of Claire Danes's bare feet in the pool scene was one of my first faps.

>sword is a gun manufacturer
But they still talk in Shakespearean speech the whole way through.

How much of an autist do you have to be to complain about the costume ? Its not even a bad one, you realize you're SUPPOSED to dress up as something you're not right ? Of course not. Surely anyone autistic enough to compile such a bullshit list has never been kiked enough by their peers to be invoted to anykind of party. Kill yourself.

after 5mins, I was like "nope"

SSSSsssss was pretty fucking terrible, and not even in a good way.
It was boring as fuck

Juliet was dressed up as an angel, Romeo was a knight, and Tybalt was a devil. Literally Snyder levels of symbolism.

Armageddon
> sending nutbags into space
> lol 10Gs and just shake the camera with no one passing out
> literally every moment of the movie was ridiculous

It's literally style over substance the movie.

Any surpeise ! None of those characters exhibit any traits assiciated with those things ! Wow !

Except its not. If you cant see past the funny cuts and other bold choices (costumes, props, dialouge in the modern setting) and see that its still the same story then thats you're problem, it has as much substance as an average Shakespeare adaptation can have.

it wasn't that terrible

it was funny to watch them switch between real and fake snakes....and neat that they did use live ones for some shots

>get off the nuclear warhead!

Except it doesn't bring anything to the table besides the shit directing and editing. There's no point to the spastic and jumbled style other than to be unique. And the action scenes are directed so terribly that you can barely make out what's happening.

if this isnt the worst movie you've ever seen you've never seen southland tales

yeah the shakespeer vs modern setting is the point

its all contrast and dissonance.

I think the concept is good and it was ok to watch once, but I probably wont watch it again. would make for a better short movie 40 or so min

It's way too contrasting. I do not see how it did anything other than hurt the film in almost every way.

The whole trilogy was absolute shit, but when this says "the defining chapter" it really fucking means "the defining chapter".

What an absolute and unforgivable pile of putrid shit. They fucking threw up their hands and had their crackbaby retard kids work this one out.

I honestly feel sorry for Tolkien and am glad he's not here to witness what an immense dungfest this was. I hate to be melodramatic but it'd be like watching someone take a piss on your kids. Goddamn.

I had a girl over in high school and watched this movie with her. My parents kept on dropping in so we actually had to watch it. The dude was so creepy that it made every interaction with her uneasy from that day forward.

Yeah, that's kind of the point. It was a bold risk and it's up to the viewer to decide if the gamble paid off or not, but I think what isn't debatable is that it was definitely the more interesting way to go. Anyone could make a modern day Romeo and Juliet with modern dialogue. While safe, that wouldn't be nearly as interesting though.

But then it might've actually been good.

That trilogy was probably the biggest Hollywood mistake in recent years

Oh, I almost forgot. Sisters is the worst movie ever made. I've sent three letters to Tina Fey asking for a public apology and a full refund of the $1.09 spent at Redbox, but I have yet to receive a response.

I bet you praise Marvel flicks too huh. Because who cares about bold choices and creativity as long as its """"good""""

Bold doesn't automatically equal good. Just as safe doesn't automatically equal bad. A movie can be safe but also genuinely well-made. Same thing goes for if it's interesting and unique. And a safe movie has an easy chance of being bad. But we shouldn't praise shit movies just for being "new".

Depends on how you look at it. For as much shit as it got all three were more profitable than your average capefilm. That trilogy almost made 3 billion dollars

Nah, that would have been extremely boring. A story that's been done to death in a modern adaptation is like what some first year film student would come up with and think he was clever. Besides, there's no way R+J is the worst movie ever. Even if it were, just changing the dialogue wouldn't help.

so BvS

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Avatar, Birdman.

That's the sequel

The dialogue wasn't my only problem.