How to enjoy cinema again knowing you've seen the ultimate kino and that nothing will come close to topping it in your...

How to enjoy cinema again knowing you've seen the ultimate kino and that nothing will come close to topping it in your lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY

pic better be unrelated

Watch something with good writing

I haven't gotten around to seeing this yet, but Whiplash is my favorite in the past several years. Chazelle is going places. Is La La Land worth it?

It's great. Don't listen to the hipster cucks on Sup Forums who have never experienced any sort of love and can't relate to anything in the film. Or think that any film that's mainstream or Oscar bait can't be good.

That's what I was thinking. I can't remember the last time a proper movie musical had this type of explosion. Chicago, maybe?

>Sup Forums saying it's good
>listen to the songs
>turns out they are crap
>Sup Forums just doesn't know anything about musicals

not a surprise really. People joke about this place being plebby, but when it comes to musicals, you actually are.

I found it therapeutic. Made me realise I could look back on my previous relationships fondly like an adult.

didn't think the film was anything special, but jesus fucking christ this was the worst "review" i've ever listened to.

he just goes over the plot without elaborating on why it's bad. i wish i could get those 4 and half minutes back.

Yes, don't listen to the contrarians

Sorry, I don't watch meme movies.

whatever u say damien

>Don't listen to the hipster cucks on Sup Forums who have never experienced any sort of love and can't relate to anything in the film

Is it possible to enjoy this movie if I'm a virgin who has never even hugged a girl?

i'm a man and my favourite musicals are

Sound of Music
Grease
Chicago
South Park the movie
Moulin Rouge
Aladdin
Lion King
Frozen

how did i do?

South Park is the best animated movie put in theaters, right there with Pinocchio and Secret of NIMH.

You did pretty good, kid.

Personally in my top five desu

absolutely fucking disgusting

the only people who love La La Land have this kind of garbage taste

where is the Demy in your list?

Singin' in the Rain?

Meet Me in St Louis?

West Side Story?

jesus christ you are disgusting. with such shit taste no wonder you love LLL.

mumblecore and musical don't mix well

Go hug your sister, get back to us.

horrible. i'm not even joking.

have you heard of the music man or sweeney todd?

if you loved the ending to whiplash you'll love the ending to la la land too

Frozen and Lion King are good examples of what is and isn't a musical. Frozen is, Lion King isn't.

A musical, if you take out the songs, doesn't really make sense anymore. You could take the songs out of the lion king and still understand the characters and plot perfectly, they are just sort of tacked on for fun, whereas in frozen, if you take the music out of that, suddenly the movie is confusing and motives of the characters are unclear. You can't separate the music in a musical.

umbrellas of rochefort did it first.

Absolutely disgusting taste

Go watch Cabaret or something

This was dull

Literally dullest I've seen in a while

Stop shilling your review.

Currently courting a female companion, is this a good kino to take her to? What if it just makes her imagine going on a date with the Goose instead?

> Frozen

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

La La Land is my favorite film of the year. Has tremendous character and music and is brilliant homage and has excellent editing and craft behind it. I literally wouldn't change a thing.

It's weaker points are the writing and the singing talent of the leads. That's the thing, though - the writing doesn't have to be some super polished, deeply intricate, verbose dialogue-driven thing. The movie's story is so simple that it doesn't need that. The film is about the craft of film, both on a surface and a meta level.

The real criticism it could be given is that Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling are not singers. They're not bad at all, but it's obvious that's no where near where their talents lie. However, what they do works and their dancing is pretty good as well.

If you have a chance, go fucking see it in a theater. This film is one of those that I can't stress it enough that this movie is meant to be seen in a theater, with popcorn, and is just as much an experience as a film.

As a film student myself (24), it kind of pisses me off that Damien Chazelle is, at 31, a brilliant filmmaker AND a successful one and I'm over here with less than 5,000 YouTube subscribers in a shitty apartment posting on Sup Forums. No denying he's great, though.

Little shop of Horrors > O Brother > La La Land

Nice blog post man

Kino spewing fucktard. Opinion discarded

holy shit this was hard to bear. i hope this isn't you, I would be so embarrassed on your behalf.

seriously not clicking this spammed garbage

hi emma

Good taste all better than la la land
Add BATB

t. Froggerfags

Emily stone can't sing or act for pretzels

>no willy wonka

S H I T

>calls himself a film student
>forgives shitty writing because muh technical achievements

faggots like you are the reason studios throw $500 million dollars at superhero shit because audiences don't care about a well written film anymore, they just want to jerk off to a good looking film

fuck you

you ruined the movie for yourself

the context is what's important.

pleb.

good

no, she'll love you.

Fag Hag Bait: The Movie

good review

t. didn't see it