Am I the only one who can't watch movies anymore?

Am I the only one who can't watch movies anymore?

Jeez, I can't concentrate anymore, I can't watch the movie without alt tabbing every 5 minutes

know that feel.

has to be a really good movie for me to watch it in a single sitting or I just get up and do something and finish it the next day.

ADD fucking sucks.

I'm with you user. I find it really hard to not take a break halfway through (or even 2). It is really depressing because I just end up watching shitty tv shows over and over again because watching filmies feels like workies

Smoke some weed and you'll lose the ability to multitask.

>low IQ confirmed

I hope this is bait. If you honestly believe lack of attention, whether it be a personality trait or a specific disorder, is related to someones IQ level, you are the one here with a low IQ.

This is pretty normal if you are mentally retarded

It's not worth ruining your life to watch a movie

>he thinks I'm joking

I have had major attention issues my whole life, did exactly this and smoked weed to be able to sit down and relax, now everything in my life is ruined from me just constantly doing that instead of literally anything else

>low IQ confirmed

Basically this.

Anyone who cant sit through an entire movie without stopping, checking their phone, or doing something else inane is a fucking mongrel retard.

January 21st, 2017

Mark this date because it's the beginning of the end for th e liberal media.

You think he's petty? Well you're right, and that's why he is the man who's going to bend Nose County to his will. In the span of only a few months, liberals will be utterly crushed as America spins out of their control

Febuary 21st, 2017

Liberals realize life becoming more difficult before the coming of the new age

March 21st, 2017

Liberals can only let out muffled screams as they accept they've been utterly defeated.

April 21st, 2017

For the first time in history, Hollywood turns against libtards, and begins to align itself to Trump's favor. Because Trump has shown himself to be a friend of their Israel.

May 21st, 2018

~~Golden Age Begins Here~~

Holy shit, I"ve been feeling the exact same way. I feel like it's such an investment to start a movie. It's not even getting distracted, I just can't fucking start them.

It's weird because I can binge a netflix or hbo go series for 10 hours but line up a 2-hour movie and I can't motivate myself to start it.

Been there and back.

Cut out social media and vidya. Especially vidya. If you get your entertainment from playing esports all day then you will not feel like watching movies. Vidya will be the death of cinema because it's something you engage, and the ADHD brain loves that.

Getting easily distracted was essential to survival in early human history

Completely and utterly incorrect, sorry. Many, many intelligent people suffer from ADHD, ADD, or any other variation of this disorder.

2bh I just want cinema goers to stop being so fucking CHILDISH. There are adults who camp out in front of theaters to see marvel and star wars, and you'll see adults wearing marvel and star wars merchandise. SO FUCKING CRINGE. And jesus christ the people who go and watch tarantino... Basically the director made for making movies for people with fucked up ADHD brains.

I don't care if trump does it or god himself, but I want these fucking people REMOVED. They're driving the medium into the fucking ground.

I went through a really long period of this, probably about a year or two that only ended a few weeks ago. I've been binge watching movies now though, probably 2 a day for the past month, and I probably saw only 5 movies in the previous year total. I watched a LOT of television, I just found it easier to digest in 33-45 minute long episodes I guess. But in the past month or so I've been addicted to watching them again, I'm not sure why.

>Many, many intelligent people suffer from ADHD, ADD,

Wrong. Captain Autism.

2bh TV these days is so much better than 90% of the shit in hollywood. there's so much more room for experimentation. you work in hollywood. botch one film. your ass is torched and you're done.

Have some self control and commit to watching it, just know you'll enjoy it more

Good point.

I unironically do this...

>I can't watch the movie without alt tabbing every 5 minutes
Set laptops to vibrate in the theater, user.

It feels like work because you're not connecting with it, you missed the entire set up probably because you have too many distractions, so now you're lost, and confused

Get two screens. Won't help that 90% of today's entertainment is schlock, but you can let something play and still be doing other stuff. If you don't have two screens, well, make half of your screen a youtube video size ish and the other half fourchan.

And it's not adhd you dumbasses

How does that help you watch movies? Thats just improving your distractions. Which you can do if you want, but its not a solution to the problem

Heh

>one screen movie
>one screen other stuff
>movie thusly never gets alt-tabbed

fuck you're dumb

currently doing my Masters in Psych. Can confirm most people have some form of attention disorders that go undiagnosed. The kind of person who argues and calls people names on the internet (i.e completely anonymously) without providing any evidence to back up their claims most likely has much more serious issues they should probably look in to.

I definitely agree with that, films are so iffy these days, very few are even worth the effort, and there are at least a dozen quality shows out there depending on your tastes. I definitely think there aren't as many fantastic shows as there was in the mid-2000s but there's a lot of real quality on television and films are so up and down

Nah dawg it happens when I go to the cinemas.

let's just all agree this is completely because of the boob tube, social media, and people frying their brains because everyday life now is basically always stimulating yourself visually.

Sorry, Dr. user, please tell me more about mental disorders that you know nothing about xx

in decades to come we're going to realize how badly we fucked up by giving kids adderall to treat this and labelling them as retards. a whole wave of stupid, uninspired people.

I just hope we have a new wave some time. but it seems like it won't ever happen. I don't think people really respect cinema as an artform, and it's devolved as a whole into just entertainment. really sucks.

That's an old persons attitude. If you can't watch a movie and shitpost simultaneously, you are lacking skills required for the modern age.

I relate so much to this. No matter how kino it is or how personally captivated I am by what's on screen, I always trail off somehow and make an excuse to take 5 minutes breaks that may or may not last over one hour. In fact, there's such a thing as being too interested, so much that I start thinking about some aspect of the story and lose track as it goes on. And God forbid someone interrupts my watching with their yelling in the background over the headphones, as if I could listen with my butthole - it pisses me off so badly that I just can't focus on the movie anymore and it takes me months to finish it because I associate the movie with the argument that follows the pointless interruption.

Over time, I developed a fear of watching something in the wrong "mood", not managing to focus and ending up unjustly disappointed by a movie, which led to obscene amounts of procrastination; both the "microprocrastination" of setting out to watch something and take 3, 5, 10 hours to even start it, and the "macroprocrastination" of failing to ever watch stuff that every person who gives half a shit about culture has watched 10 years ago. My list of "shit I've never watched" is equal parts impressive and embarrassing, rival only to my list of "shit I've never read". Needless to say, this weird avoidance towards consumption of culture is not limited to audiovisual media; yet watching a movie may sometimes seem even more challenging than reading a book due to its multisensorial, immersive character.

In a counter-intuitive way, the fact that I take culture seriously-ish only makes the procrastination worse, as the consumption of media becomes a task of considerable intellectual involvement, rather than a passive pastime to fall asleep to. For example, I'm more likely to procrastinate or take breaks while watching a movie or even a hour-long TV episode than I am while doing the dishes.

>Sup Forums is full of retards who can't watch a movie without getting distracted every 5 minutes
No wonder you faggots spend more time arguing about politics or e-celebs instead of actually discussing movies

Sucks that the current year has different standards than the bulk of evolution.

>tfw le wrong eon