Why is this movie no 1 in every sci-fi list? It's just a overhyped flick, not a kino they're trying to brainwash us

Why is this movie no 1 in every sci-fi list? It's just a overhyped flick, not a kino they're trying to brainwash us.

Problem is you have shit taste, sorry pal

/thread

Blade Runner is a fantastic pleb filter

Not an argument.

its kind of boring 2bh

If you're a teenager give it a few years and see it again. Also helps to see it on the big screen

I completely agree, it's also a meme movie, with meme practical effects, meme actors, meme acting, meme dialogue, meme environment, meme design, meme director, meme production and meme music. It's also not even a film, it's a shitty 3/10 overrated garbage movie. An insult to cinema, to art and to Phillip Dick.

Its not the greatest film ever made by any means but its a very distinct film and theres not a whole lot of movies out there like it

>Not an argument

You didn't post anything worth arguing against

I remember being 12 and disappointed it wasn't a super exciting action packed flick too user. Don't worry, you'll like it more when you get to be a bit older.

I'm 30 yo and I am not into super exciting action filled shit.

one of the best films on what it means to be human

You're lying. Otherwise this would be your favorite kino

Blade Runner is comfy af. Especially that ending scene

>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
>Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
>I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate
>All those...moments will be lost...in time...like...tears...in rain
>Time...to die

Pure poetry.

it's gotten referenced to death in pop culture thematically and in other ways so if you see if after seeing other movies directly influenced by it you might think it's inferior.

also, it is incredibly boring
>plz be my ai gf
fuck off

I'm not saying it's high art or anything, but what's a better sci-fi movie? There's really not much competition, it's mostly just action flicks.

It was panned by most critics when it first came out. So you don't need to be a teenager to not enjoy it.

That being said, I never understood why it was such a failure in its initial release. I was there and I have always liked it.

2001: A Space Odyssey
Solaris
Moon

I watched both Blade Runner and 2001 recently, and although both don't age that well, Blade Runner has aged way better. It looks better, and both of these are major FX movies. Which is part of why they both don't stay as relevant now as they once were. Same reason that people watching Star Wars now won't appreciate the dated effects, and you're more drawn to the terrible acting of almost everyone other than Ford. Even something like slave Leia is not exactly that exciting compared to what plays on TV.

They look good for the era they're from and that's all that matters. Blade Runner looks better than 90% or more of anything from the past decade.

This idea that movies should "age well" and stand up to modern films is stupid.