Why does Sup Forums fear old school rock?

Why does Sup Forums fear old school rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=dXN2PUPJt6I
youtube.com/watch?v=3f2g4RMfhS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It just sucks. Cock rock bullshit for insecure boomers to feel more manly listening to

t. soyboy

AC/DC is a bad example for your argument

Buddy, unless you're over the age of 45, AC/DC's fanbase is entirely made of soyboy highschoolers and bottom-IQ pickup truck drivers.

AC/DC would have been great if they had ever bothered to expand beyond their miniscule comfort zone instead of making the same album 17 times. They were legitimately talented performers and decent musicians, but their career was the definition of "playing it safe".

nice try but soyboys can't handle ac/dc vocals

AC/DC are pure garbage, and I listen to lots of old school rock.

>draft-dodger rock isn't 'soy'
>masculine posing isn't embarassing

It's like a menagerie of manlets.

style-over-substance macho bullshit

ebin boomer meme bro

*kills you*
youtube.com/watch?v=etAIpkdhU9Q

Because it's finite.
By that I mean, you listen to these artists but there's no new music coming. So eventually you just get bored and move on to new stuff. You can always re-listen whenever you feel like it, but I highly unlikely you'll listen to it constantly in the future.

>manlets with shrill voices play by-the-numbers arena rock with all the intensity of a lazy basement jam
So manly.

Back in Black [Atlantic, 1980]

Replacing Aerosmith as primitives of choice among admirers of heavy machinery, these Aussies are a little too archetypal for my tastes. Angus Young does come up with killer riffs, though not as consistently as a refined person like myself might hope, and fresh recruit Brian Johnson sings like there's a cattle prod at his scrotum, just the thing for fans who can't decide whether their newfound testosterone is agony or ecstasy. AC/DC can't decide either--"Shoot to Thrill," "Given [sic] the Dog a Bone," and "Let Me Put My Love Into You" all concern the unimaginative sexual acts you'd imagine, and "What Do You Do for Money Honey" has a more limited set of answers than the average secretary would prefer. My sister's glad they don't write fantasy and science fiction, and if you're female you're free to share her relief. Brothers are more deeply implicated in these matters. B-

who

their songs dominate rock radio stations. stop kidding yourself.

>implying soyboys listen to rock radio stations

That album is fucking great, Night Prowler is a great great rock tune.

The easy reason: too shallow and meaningless.
Real reason: Sup Forums is full of pretentious snobs.

>AC/DC

If it's good enough for qt olympic ice skaters, it's good enought for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXN2PUPJt6I

AC/DC have like one good song
youtube.com/watch?v=3f2g4RMfhS0

True. Ironically, that's become part of their mystique. They seem like blue collar rockers. You get the sense "These guys are up on the stage to give the fans a good time and get paid, not to experiment with art".