Tfw discovering the amazing world of jazz fusion/jazz rock

>tfw discovering the amazing world of jazz fusion/jazz rock

You mean jazz for people that don't like jazz?

>tfw youve been dreaming about sucking herbie hancocks cock since discovering head hunters

they can play just as good as regular jazz players

stap dis meme

t. pleb
jazz-rock and jazz fusion are the best pleb-filter genres because they weed out all the pretentious children who take pride in listening to "pure" jazz. Absolutely nothing wrong with jazz fusion.

Third Stream is the ultimate pleb-filter genre.

Yeah because pure jazz is pure shit

I never want to see another blue book sheet in my face every again

> they weed out all the pretentious children who take pride in listening to "pure" jazz
no. jazz-rock and fusion weed out posers not plebs. the plebs listen to jazz rock and fusion.

you are rarted

nope third stream is a forced genre

t. literal poser pleb

JAZZ FUSION

if reading the above made you feel at all uneasy; jump in the ocean, and make sure the memes drown with you

that said, not a big fan of jazz fusion

>poser pleb
i assume by that you meant someone who pretends to like pleb stuff but is actually a patrician.

why is jazz the thing people run to when they wanna try and prove they have ""good"" taste in music. thank god the genre is dead

probably because it is mostly good

Because it's easier to get into than classical

There are some great jazz fusion recordings but as a whole it's a pretty shit genre. Anyone saying otherwise is just trying to be post-contrarian

jazz fusion is great but for some reason the most popular jazz fusion album on Sup Forums is romantic warrior which I find pretty offensive because thats a pretty shit album compared to chick coreas other stuff

a sensible opinion arises - it is really a pretty shitty Chick Corea fusion album

>the most popular jazz fusion album on Sup Forums is romantic warrior
What?

t. dilettante

then why is it DEAD? what was the last jazz album to go platinum or actually have relevance, lady gaga's cheek to cheek?
pathetic

not really.

this

Sorry but I have to gatekeep.
We don't need meme kids in our scene.

>Discover music:
Identify yourself

fuck off retard

>Avant-Garde Jazz.
>Jazz Fusion
>Spiritual Jazz
>Free Jazz

Rockists think:
more inaccessible=better
more dissonance and aggression=more emotion
Afrocentrism=more authenticity

That pretty much explains it all. Other than them liking fusion which is self explanatory

I only said jazz is good. if any art form dies, does that mean it was never good? thats absurd.

Avant-garde is the best jazz though, along with cool jazz and post-bop

modal arrives to tell you to fuck off

yep yep

apparently even coltrane said so

Which jazz subgenres should I listen to and which should I avoid

This thread is confusing me.

I love classical and hate jazz

jazz fusion can be pretty accessible though