ACDC
Pearl Jam
Metallica
U2
Guns n' roses
Blink 182
Tool
The offspring

Not because i have anything against rock but i kinda grew up with rap, r&b and jazz.
Give me some songs you think are imperative to listen to from the bands listed above.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM
youtube.com/watch?v=0y4E-kkZDiE
youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI
youtube.com/watch?v=QtTR-_Klcq8
youtube.com/watch?v=uDoLskUQvb8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaBMjvOsfQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=JjTI5qjm0Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=wlPGIDm-Bvc
youtube.com/watch?v=TvZ5xnfh49o
youtube.com/watch?v=5eHkjPCGXKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XIiu0JI3I5g
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-LBD_q0sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=17E-zFb-0aE
youtube.com/watch?v=6u0LMjWXGFM
youtube.com/watch?v=AzDMwFUe02w
youtube.com/watch?v=0eJZo1Hs8yk
youtube.com/watch?v=H65o2ErWUzc
youtube.com/watch?v=jrsbC-IMayg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

None of those bands, save maybe The Offspring, are imperative to listen to.

i figured since they are the most renowned (at least from what i've heard) they probably have at least a few songs that made the genre so popular

Those bands are actually trash. If you didn't grow up on that shit, it's not worth listening to aside from maybe Led Zeppelin. I definitely do not consider these even close to best bands of all time, they just sold a lot of records in their heyday.

Here's a good LZ song

youtube.com/watch?v=yO2n7QoyieM

This. Every other band on that list is derivative of the Offspring.

schism, lateralus, wings for marie pt 1 and 2 for tool
even flow, state of love and trust for pearl jam

>U2
Achtung baby
zooropa
original soundtraks 1
pop

those 4 albums are top tier mate
youtube.com/watch?v=0y4E-kkZDiE
U2, brian eno, electric music, rock music, trip hop rock those songs are amazing.

Going to California
Bron Y Aur Stomp
Thank You
Bring it on Home
Over the Hills and Far Away
Fool in the Rain
When the Levee Breaks
Kashmir

>Led Zeppelin
>ACDC
>Pearl Jam
>Metallica
>U2
>Guns n' roses
>Blink 182
>Tool
>derivative of The Offspring

U2 kinda suck but their 90s albums mentioned in have some experimenting

Pearl Jam sounds like creed and nickleback

Led Zeppelin and ACDC are white dudes making blues rock and singing about sex, I think it's lame personally

Guns and Roses is just buttrock 80s shit, if you werent around back then dont bother

Same with Offspring and Blink 182, 90s skater punk scenester shit

Tool and Metallica are metal, and I hate metal, so I'm not intoi them

Yes, that's what I said...

Blink is kinda silly to get into now if you weren't into them growing up. They mostly just ride on the nostalgia factor as opposed to having well crafted songs. They're not bad, just not really worth going out of your way for.

yeah this 100%
blink, offspring, guns n roses, arguably metallica are stuff not really worth getting into unless you were there when it was big

ac/dc every song sounds the same

led zeppelin are the only one that could be called "essential" to me

When I was a kid I used to love offsrping
youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI

>Pearl Jam sounds like creed and nickleback
this is the best goddamn post I've seen on Sup Forums

Yep, I agree.

Damn. You must have a really wide vocal range, because I swear that last note you sang was a B8.

Anyone that doesn't like Led Zeppelin in someone that you shouldn't listen to in any regard on any topic.

I'd check out U2's pre-Pop output, Led Zeppelin I-IV, Guns and Roses - Appetite for Destruction, and Metallica - Black Album

Trust me U2 are top tier and for the rest of those bands they are worth checking, come on, just put their albums meanwhiel you are doing the dishes or reading.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDoLskUQvb8
youtube.com/watch?v=yaBMjvOsfQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=JjTI5qjm0Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=wlPGIDm-Bvc

gnr fucking blow dude

Yeah they don't really age super well but they were so fucking huge and had a big impact on everything, it's worth listening to for historical factor. Blink182, Tool, and The Offspring don't have that status, they had some hit singles and albums, but nothing on the level of GNR in their prime.

What's your guys opinion on Elvis Presley? Anything worth checking out there? I've never heard a single Elvis song in my life but know who he is and how big he was with boomers

just listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=TvZ5xnfh49o

He's fine. Most of his songs have been done better by other people though. He was a pop singer, don't expect anything emotionally deep.

He's important as a precursor to modern pop stars and it's worth checking him out in this light. Try and watch some of his early films and live shows. He was a new breed of white guy at the time. He basically made it okay for whites to like black people music so that's pretty important as far as the rise of African American pop culture.

Zeppelin is the only band you should be listening to out of that list

Yeah, I remember being a dumb teenager. You'll grow out of such retarded sentiments. Or maybe you'll move to Sup Forums or Sup Forums, and never grow out of anything.

Guns & Roses didn't impact shit.
No, he's a meme, his immensely exaggerated reputation is a result of a massive posthumous marketing campaign. He was completely disregarded long before he died, with a short almost-revival in Las Vegas, which isn't exactly a place where artists with real careers hang out.

It's okay, pleb. Keep thinking that not liking good music makes you all grow'd up. I know musical giants personally that love Led Zeppelin.

Orion by Metallica. They're the only band I'd say is a great other than ACDC. Don't even look at 90's Metallica tho.

Listen to:
>Led Zeppelin
Since I've Been Loving You, The Rover, Kashmir
>ACDC
Touch Too Much, Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells
>Pearl Jam
don't bother, they're trash
>Metallica
Creeping Death, Sanitarium, Enter Sandman
>U2
With or Without You, The Fly, Sunday Bloody Sunday
>Guns n' roses
>Blink 182
>Tool
Schism, Sober, 46 and 2
>The offspring
only song I know of theirs is You're Gonna Go Far Kid, so I guess that?

most of these were fad bands that won't be remembered through time. The only ones that will have lasting impact will be LZ and Metallica. Maybe Tool and ACDC.

LZ set the foundations of hard rock as it is known today:
youtube.com/watch?v=5eHkjPCGXKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XIiu0JI3I5g
They were also just fantastic performers. Listen to the drums on Fool in the Rain:
youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-LBD_q0sQ

Metallica is important for innovating the thrash metal genre (albums 1-4):
youtube.com/watch?v=17E-zFb-0aE
And later popularizing metal in the mainstream (albums 5-7): youtube.com/watch?v=6u0LMjWXGFM

Moby Dick by Led Zep if you want to know what all the drumming fuss is about

Zeppelin were pretty important
ACDC - Bon Scott era is the only decent run
Metallica were more influential than good I'd say
Pearl Jam is buttrock but had a big impact on the early 00s rock sound
Offspring's best album is Smash, it's pretty good skate punk but nothing groundbreaking
Blink, GNR, Tool are shit
U2 were ok in the 80s but still pretty boring, AVOID 2000s and up

>Guns & Roses didn't impact shit.

>record breaking album sales
>record breaking tours

only reason they didnt create copycats is because the grunge scene came in, but literally nobody has ever before or since created anything that sounds like Use Your Illusion II

because it took the mind of Axl to blend all those sounds together.

its shame Slash an others quit on him cause that song on the End of Days soundtrack in the late 90s sounded like some NIN type shit, rather than the gay ass soft-pop shit that eventually came out 20 years later on chinese democracy

>he literally lists multiple ACDC songs as if tonally they're any different from eachother

You do realize that Axl is a piece of shit and the others quit for their own sanity, right? Axl is such a fickle diva and I don't blame Slash for leaving.

Listen to Kill em all by Metallica and maybe early Zeppelin. Nothing else there is worth listening to.
Instead of any of those bands, thought, you should listen to Iggy Pop, Pink Floyd, Can, Velvet Underground, Sonic Youth and Talking Heads and use those bands as a base to work from because anything good in rock music from the past 30 years is derivative of them.

>Led Zeppelin
no quarter, good times bad times, the rain song, ramble on, kashmir, stairway (obligatory)
>Pearl Jam
black, jeremy, alive, rearviewmirror, immortality
>Metallica
one, fade to black, welcome home (sanitarium), disposable heroes, ride the lightning, master of puppets
>U2
new years day, sunday bloody sunday, where the streets have no name, pride (in the name of love)
>Blink 182
i miss you, dammit, the rock show, all the small things, feeling this
>Tool
lateralus, third eye, eulogy, aenema, schism, forty six & 2, stinkfist, vicarious

the rest i haven't really listened to personally, but take other user's suggestions. but don't listen to anyone telling you not to bother with something because how the fuck are you supposed to form an opinion without hearing it

Zep's first 6 and Metallica's first 4 are all great. A lot of people like Tool but I never got into them. The rest you can skip.

>strawmanning a person in a discussiona about their music creation skills

You're not wrong, but listing one song just felt weird. Also I'd say Thunderstruck stands out from the pack, if only by a little bit.

>>Tool
>lateralus, third eye, eulogy, aenema, schism, forty six & 2, stinkfist, vicarious

Good picks. I'd throw in The Pot as well.

The Pot is best Tool but also not a great representation of their style

I'll just tackle Led Zeppelin on a song-by-song basis:
Achilles Last Stand, All My Love, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused (live), Going to California, Immigrant Song, In My Time of Dying, Kashmir, Nobody's Fault But Mine, No Quarter, Over the Hills and Far Away, The Rain Song, Ramble On, The Song Remains the Same, Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, Trampled Under Foot, When the Levee Breaks, White Summer/Black Mountain Side.
I like AC/DC, but haven't listened to much of their Bon Scott stuff, so I'm sure others are better-informed than I am. My personal favorites from them are Thunderstruck, Who Made Who, Moneytalks, and It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll).
For Metallica, I recommend the first five albums: Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice For All, and "The Black Album". Every one of those albums has some filler and some great songs. My personal favorite Metallica songs are The Call of Ktulu, Orion, For Whom the Bell Tolls, The Thing That Should Not Be, The Unforgiven, and Wherever I May Roam.
For Guns And Roses, the entire first album, Appetite For Destruction, is worth a listen. So are the songs November Rain and Civil War.

The offspring are the only one on that list imo that are actually any good. I think theyve made some mistakes yes, but it was just the band having fun. Ive noticed that on most of their later albums there is always one song that doesnt belong that is just a joke imo.

examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=AzDMwFUe02w
youtube.com/watch?v=0eJZo1Hs8yk

I generally enjoy all their albums alot, except the first three are definitely the best. Ignition is one of my favourite albums of all time and im not afraid to say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=H65o2ErWUzc

I get what you're saying but let's be honest about Blink, if you haven't already heard it by like 15 you're probably not going to like it.

Just listen to all of Aenema and Lateralus, and Led Zeppelin 2 and 4. Can't advise you on the other bands since I'm not familiar with their albums

>no Rosetta Stoned

>None of those bands, save maybe The Offspring, are imperative to listen to.
Wut am I reading

Probably one of the easiest songs to listen to, for people wanting to get into them.

R u black

Led Zep are the only ones worth listening to from there. As for Metallica there are FAR FAR better thrash bands that you should dedicate your time to such as Kreator,Venom,Sodom,80s Sepultura and Dark Angel

>Venom
>Better than Metallica
poser detected

Metallica had two good and those were good because they still had some leftover Mustaine riffs and one decent-ish album. Welcome to Hell is better than anything Metallica has ever done.

Every Metallica album has filler?

Yep. Honestly just listen to The Offspring and move on.

>Led Zeppelin
fool in the rain + houses of the holy
> ACDC
skip
> Pearl Jam
listen to nirvana instead
>Metallica
skip desu
>U2
joshua tree
>Guns n' Roses
HARD skip
>Blink 182
take off your pants and jacket
>Tool
idk shit
>Offspring
smash

It's sloppy unlistenable garbage

Elvis was highly charismatic and his charm was felt by his audiences. He had the first ever concert televised live via a Satellite that broke records for the most watched broadcast.(more people saw it live then watched then first step of Neil Armstrong on the moon.) estimates were it was viewed by over 1 billion people world wide.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrsbC-IMayg

>nobody has ever before or since created anything that sounds like Use Your Illusion II
That's the opposite of being influential.

Best Blink-182 songs:
Wasting Time
Shut Up
A New Hope
Enthused
I'm Sorry
Apple Shampoo
Going Away To College
Don't Leave Me

id say that the untitled album is very well crafted.

you sound like a stuck up 30 something desu