Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xMB2sLwz0Do
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_cylinder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK

MY

No

he looks good as-is they shouldve just used him no one wouldve given a fuck

>star tards fans are so autistic they would rather watch cgi animation replicas of dead or aged actors than real people
>they are so autistic they can't conceptualize that a character is not the actor

youtube.com/watch?v=xMB2sLwz0Do

here's the video btw. carrie saw and knew of her scene beforehand. so wtf was she complaining about those days before she died?

New Hammer Horror Dracula with original cast when?

This is some people actually. Studios do studies.

It's actually not autism. Its really the opposite. We are programed to find faces. Since we were babies we identify faces and remember them and so on. Is why people find faces in toast and shit. Studios know how recognizable some people are. That you can't trick millions of years of human evolution.

Personally for me whether its capeshit or Shakespeare, I HATE when they refuse to recast to keep the character. The character will live longer than the actor. The show must go on.

This is exactly what happens when you use motion capture of one human face, and apply it to another.

When the stand in actor speaks, it looks fine. As soon as they apply those mouth movements to Tarkin, it looks weird and fake.

Why does he look older there than in A New Hope?

Because a new hope was made 50 years ago.

Honestly, if the actor or the actor's family is okay with it, I don't see any harm in doing things like this. Of course, we are going to have exceptions when the estate tarnishes someone's legacy for a quick buck. But I think Peter Cushing would LOVE this if he was alive. He loved Star Wars and wished he could have been in more.

But, to play Devil's Advocate to my own fucking argument; the time will come, and sooner than we all think, that a studio will announce a brand new movie staring Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, John Wayne, Audrey Hepburn or any dead actor you can possibly think of.

You might think I'm crazy, but it'll happen. When the technology is right and priced accordingly, we are going to get Rebel Without a Cause 2: Electric Causaloo.

That's kind of haunting to think about.

>a studio will announce a brand new movie staring Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, John Wayne, Audrey Hepburn or any dead actor you can possibly think of.

That'd either be pure kino or the worst thing since The Conqueror

how is this acceptable to anyone who isnt a child or mentally handicapped? Its like im watching polar express

how will voices be done? impersonators or will they be produced digitally?

Dang, did a great job getting someone with the right facial shape and hair

>you will live to see a CGI Marlon Brando as the villain in a MCU flick.

What are those 4 pen-like things near his armpits? What purpose do they serve?

Most likely impersonators.

But knowing how goddamn retarded Hollywood is, they'd hire some faggot doing a shitty Don Vito impression for a normal Marlon Brando.

Impersonators. Reusing old sound clips is just too jarring to the ear. Tarkin sounded pretty damn good. So, we can hopefully only go up from here.

Hopefully.

Personally, I welcome our CGI Actor overlords.

Quick, anons. Give me your dream movie made possible through the use of CGI actors.

>The Expendables but with the actors in their prime

>>The Expendables but with the actors in their prime

I don't think God is that generous desu.

i was going to say studio, but changed it to audience assuming the studio understands their audience.

why not procedural voice generation like a next gen Siri? Whens that going to happen?

>Honestly, if the actor or the actor's family is okay with it, I don't see any harm in doing things like this

>When the technology is right and priced accordingly, we are going to get Rebel Without a Cause 2: Electric Causaloo

You just identified the major problem with both Tarkin's (and Leia's) appearance in Rogue One, and using dead actors/actresses as a whole. It won't add anything to cinema, and will mostly just be used to manipulate obsessive fanboys with unhealthy levels of nostalgia because HOLY SHITBALLS IT'S [THAT GUY] THAT DIED A FEW YEARS AGO REPRISING THE ROLE HE DID TWENTY YEARS AGO

Which, to an extent, is really cool. We live in a time that actors can co star decades after they have died because of computers. That's screams "living in the future."

This is also incredibly unsettling. It's surreal to think you could keep working after passing on. Plus, actors really don't know what they are signing onto when they take a big blockbuster role. Before, it meant possibly becoming a cultural icon and will be remembered for a certain role. Now it could mean, "hey, this movie you were in? It's a "franchise" now so we will use your face forever."

You know, there's a pretty good movie called The Congress that's about that, among other things.

>The Congress
user, I could kiss you. This looks amazing.

Is that Cassius from Rome?

People were able to get past The Oracle and War Machine. And Dumbledore.

They're communication devices, and serve a shit ton of purposes. Basically they're catch alls for whatever the plot needs to make a character look natural in a scene

you've seen people talking into them don't be autistic

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Code_cylinder

Wow nothing changed since Lucas
Disney is Lucas tier