Musician/band hate their most popular song

>musician/band hate their most popular song

tell me one time this didn't happen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've not even got any milk :/ no you got to stay there basically

Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen reckons that Killing Moon is the best song ever written, by anyone, ever, at any time in the world

U2

king crimson

Smash Mouth.

Trent Reznor

The Perfect Drug is his only exception

he called fire "the worst song on the album"

why doesn't like that he one? it's not very NIN-ish, but it's not a bad track either

>Work your ass off for months/years writing and recording 10-14 songs, possibly for multiple albums in a row
>one of the songs gets popular
>for the rest of your life normies regularly stop you on the street and go "Hey, you're the guy who did that one song!"
>Crowd gets butthurt if you don't play that one song at every concert for the rest of your career

Pretty understandable really

And that worst song became one of the biggest hits of the year of 1968.

>"At that time I was listening to a lot of Drum 'n' Bass and Jungle and stuff. And I think that's the most I've ever seen external influence come out in my own music. And it was a transition period, that's what I want to stress, it was time when I was feeling out what I wanted to do artistically and given the liberation of working within the context of a soundtrack, it's not like a major work. I always treated that as an area to be freer and try things. I'm glad it was in that context. There was never any consideration to include that on [The Fragile]. It really was an area where I was feeling out the landscape to see what I wanted to do."

>most people are slaving away at menial jobs they hate
>a musician just has to play their popular song every once in awhile to bring happiness to thousands of people at a time

Cry me a fucking river.

David Bowie seemed fine with Space Oddity
Then again I suppose "most popular" is quite debatable in regards to him

Also judging by YouTube hits "I Am A Scientist" is Guided by Voices' most popular song and they still always play it (as well as lots of other cuts from Bee Thousand that get a disproportionate amount of attention compared to the rest of their discography), Pollard HATES "Hold on Hope" though

Closer is by far more popular than The Perfect Drug though

He still bangs out Closer nearly every show he does with the same sort of love for it. Same with Hurt, same with Head Like a Hole and Hand That Feeds. He's not very pretentious about what he plays or others.

Just don't request shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=kA_-Y_hH0-g

wtf is king crimson's most popular song

I'm assuming he meant 21st Century Schizoid Man

Both of these songs could reasonably be said to be Dylan's most popular, and they also happen to be the ones he has performed the most in concert. Going by that I think it's fair to say he clearly doesn't hate them.

He didn't hate them but admitted he was shit at picking singles, he didn't have any idea Fame or Young Americans would be massive hits

But user, menial jobs (indirectly) bring tons of joy to people! And those jobs are much easier to get than a musician job. Don't see anything more difficult about that.

Eminem
Eminem doesn't hate Lose Yourself or LTWYL

I don't think the Brian or any of the Beach Boys hate Good Vibrations.

Michael Gira still plays God Damn The Sun at live shows to this day