Queen Movie may happen

Odds on this movie actually being good?

>EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Singer is in talks to direct Bohemian Rhapsody, the long-in-the-works movie about the seminal British rock band Queen, with Mr. Robot‘s Rami Malek playing frontman Freddie Mercury. The film is coming back together and is on the fast track at 2oth Century Fox and New Regency with original producer Graham King and his GK Films.

>Fox and New Regency have stepped up for the joint project in the latest maneuver for a movie that has been in development with King for eight years. The most recent script, which focuses on the band and its iconic lead singer, is from The Theory of Everything scribe Anthony McCarten. King and Jim Beach are producers, and Denis O’Sullivan is exec producer. Original Queen bandmembers Brian May and Roger Taylor will serve as music producers. It’s being eyed to shoot early next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xq-M4JA3fIU
youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>actually good
>directed by Bryan Singer

Highly unlikely, it's not 1994.

Apocalypse wasn't horrible. J Law was easily the worst part of it, not Singer.

Also what is it with Singer directing twinks and making movies about faggots

Guess we can't discuss anything that isn't capeshit anymore

Go ahead and change the board to /ctv/ - Capeshit Television & Film

>reddit director making a movie starting an actor from a reddit show about a reddit band that is best known for making the most reddit song ever

This will LITERALLY be Reddit: The Movie. I can already hear the plebbitors cheering the first time there AIDS faggot icon appears on screen.

>reddit
I think you might be a little obsessed friend.

Perhaps you should share your frustrations with reddit.

>"Leave the casting for young Freddie Mercury to me"

fuck off, Borat is perfect for queen, fucking dumbasses wanted it to be pg 13, so my man borat quit

Yeah, he could actually sing and honestly looks shockingly like Mercury

Also Brian May wanted Freddie to die halfway through and have the second half about how great Queen was without him.

Sacha was in the right for leaving.

Casey Affleck looks a bit like Freddie, dunno if he can sing.

>things that aren't true but i'll share it anyway: the post

>Rami Malek playing frontman Freddie Mercury.
but why? merucy had incredible presence, rami malek has absolutely none and can only play awkward spree shooter types

youtube.com/watch?v=xq-M4JA3fIU

Please kill yourself. thank you

i was very upset when i heard that, what the fuck is wrong with brian may, its not like queen did something interesting after freddie's death

Casting a dude that looks like Mercury is hard. He was Parsi.

That's literally all studios seem to give a shit about. Find someone who looks about the right part, and hope coaching will carry them the rest of the way.

Hopefully if they do this, they stick to studio releases or hire this guy to do the singing bits:
youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I

Led Zeppelin movie WHEN

holy shit what a voice

>Who will play Christopher Lambert?

hes too ugly to be on television but he has a promising career in cover bands

is he /ourguy/?

Christopher Lambert

i'm starting to think that brian doesn't really care about freddie and uses his memory to make queen fans cry, it's curious how in queen concerts he always dedicates songs and shit to him, he knows what the audience's reaction will be. you dont see new order dedicating every song to ian curtis or dave grohl talking about kurt cobain in every foo fighters concert.

It does seem like May is cognizant of how Mercury's death pumped new life into Queen. Their popularity was flagging in 1990, especially in the US, before Freddie died.

It was always a working relationship with them. Much like the Beatles. I imagine Queen would have broken up by 2000 if Mercury has not gotten HIV.

>I imagine Queen would have broken up by 2000 if Mercury has not gotten HIV.
yeah, that makes a lot of sense actually

BTFO
T
F
O

Queen ceased to exist after Freddie died.

Fuck Brian May for puppeteering it's corpse all these years.

>this pathetic samefagging
cherish the (You), it's the only one you get.

Not even him, but please keep crying because you got blown the fuck out : ^ )

its current year. being gay doesn't make you special, so why's this nigga getting a movie made about him?

>Also what is it with Singer directing twinks and making movies about faggots

Not sure if bait, but if it is
9/10
you got me.
Singer is a huge faggot. Like, parties with naked 17yearold swimmers running around. Not kidding.

Queen are one of my all time favorite bands and it just burns my ass that they're making me side with Sacha Baron Cohen....

I doubt anyone could outdo SBC. Fuck May for ruining that dream.

Brian May is half the creative brain of Queen; he wrote a lot of their most famous songs. As usual with bands, the frontman outshined everyone else even after his death so he probably developed inferiority complex and wanted to make the film into an "actually, we all mattered in Queen guys".

Is this what Malek will look like playing Mercury?

stop whining, this isn't your safe space

I want to see plebbit sperg out on the fact that he's a WHITE (((Egyptian))) playing a British Indian from Tanzania who is not black

I don't get it, he doesn't even look like him

He probably can't sing for shit... what the fuck is the rationale here??

>Guess we can't discuss anything that isn't capeshit anymore
Queen is the movie version of capeshit. Only reddit plebs and normies like both.

Kek. This is hardly above capeshit. Maybe marginally.

DUDE AIDS LMAO

The man lives a level of debauchery not seen since the fall of Rome.

>making movies about faggots

Freddy Mercury was bi

>a biopic is capeshit
I can't tell where the memes begin and end anymore

I'd honestly rather see a film adaption of the We Will Rock You stage show.

I'm not normally into midgets, but wow I would absolutely destroy that cutie on the right

This man IS /ourguy/

I didn't say that. I said the quality of this film's subject matter is on par with the crappy superhero films.

>Farrokh my son, you must go to England and learn to poo in the loo!
>OK mother.
>LOL I'm a singer now!
>LMAO we're famous and I can swallow all the dicks I want!
>oh fuck I've got AIDS
>credits roll

He's gay so he automatically qualifies