I don't know what's more dumb...

I don't know what's more dumb, the fact that cylons would actually think infiltrating the colonies with a bunch of lookalikes would work, or that it actually did work

I don't see why everyone shits on the 4th season and muh final 5..

the original 7 was shit writing already

>tl;dr BSG was never good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MbUlY9Nmu74
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. DO YOU HEAR ME. I WILL USE EVERY CANON, EVERY BOMB, EVERY BULLET, EVERY WEAPON I HAVE DOWN TO MY OWN EYE TEETH TO END YOU. I SWEAR IT. I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU!

Everyone has a doppleganger in real life user. If you saw your doppleganger, would your first thought be "oh shit, must be a robot hellbent on destroying humanity"?

>The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

>mechanical beings evolved

wew lad

Humanoid Cylons blurred the line between human and machine, user. They bled and had feelings like humans. They essentially were an offshoot of humanity.

Shit writing, kino space warfare

At least The Expanse has better writing while keeping some of the best things about BSG.

But what was this plan?

>bought the entire series for 36 bucks on blu ray on amazon.

Only watched the miniseries so far.

The writers planned to write one up, but I guess they forgot.

It was basically "wipe out humanity with a pre-emptive strike like a bunch of little bitches".

Cylons would have gotten their assholes destroyed in a proper war.

not bad, its worth it for EJO's performances alone

when he method acted and destroyed that wooden ship that was actually a several thousand dollar museum piece on rental

jared leto's got nothing on him

I wondered if they had multiple copies of that ship so they could do multiple takes

What a based actor. Wish I had a crater face.

if it can rewrite its own code, it can evolve and improve. There is no contradiction here.

>the original 7 was shit writing already
No, it's great writing. The original conceit of having humanoid cylons, the paranoia that inspires, and the actions that the colonials and cylons take because of it, were brilliant. What shat the bed was explaining the backstory too much, such as yes, Ellen Tigh, and the tyre fire that was The Plan.

Rewriting computer code is not evolution.

Evolution is the accumulation of small changes from selective forces over multiple generations. What the Cylons did is more akin to genetic engineering.

>The Expanse
>good writing
Miller is the best part of baby's first sci fi, and even his plot is pretty cliche

Making Tigh's slutty ex-wife a fucking Cylon had to be the dumbest instance of writing in that whole show.

Almost as dumb as making Tigh himself a Cylon, which was at least interesting because we're investing his character at the point.

Indeed. She was a decent enough character. They just made things so difficult for themselves with that decision. Tigh being a Cylon was worth it for the this speech alone (but also the subsequent scenes of him trying to cover up his true nature from Adama and fantasising about shooting him: youtu.be/MbUlY9Nmu74

*all along the watchtower intensifies*

>The Cylons were created by man. They genetically engineered themselves. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.
doesnt sound as good.

>muh robots
>muh monotheist robots
>muh monotheist robots who are delusional
vs

>muh humans
>muh humans who are ultra religious
>muh humans who are ultra religious and retarded

+

Shitty drama

>ultra-religious
why would you assume this? only a handful of the characters are portrayed as devout.

I really enjoyed this show but it didn't make a damn bit of sense.

It was made assuming you have some knowledge of the original show.

It's a weird sort of reboot where the settings and the characters are the same, but the events are treated as ancient history in the same continuity.

Looks like someone only watched the Resistance webisodes

It's seriously not a sequel to the original show

I don't like how BSG's combat looks like dog fighting. At least the combat in expense is more realistic of what would really happen in space. Why should ships that don't really need to be moving to stay "up" execute airfighter's maneuvers, going towards it while shooting then moving away? Just circle it for a distance with while shooting, it improves shooting time from 50% to 100%, keeps you away and still able to dodge.