Why so many people fell for the "U.S. invaded Vietnam" revisionist story?

Why so many people fell for the "U.S. invaded Vietnam" revisionist story?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=epAXIdQrd5E&ytbChannel=baddspella
youtube.com/watch?v=9EKqDCFcIck&ytbChannel=njaaknifen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers#Actual_objective_of_the_Vietnam_War:_Containment_of_China
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dumb amerishart

Same reason why most people fall for the "USSR" invaded Afghanistan" meme
A big nation fighting an offensive war against a small nation

>offensive war
Our only goal was to protect the South Vietnamese.
The Soviets wanted to annex Afghanistan however.

You just wanted to put your own puppet in Vietnam

No, the soviets wanted to protect the goverment, which had called for their help against the islamist guerrillas

>Our only goal was to protect the South Vietnamese.

>t. usage of defoliant

>Americunts actually believes this

South Vietnam was being invaded by North Vietnam, we were protecting them from that invasion.

If Poland was invaded by Russia tomorrow, and America sent in troops to help, would people say America invaded Poland?

Was the Gulf War an invasion of Kuwait by America?

Was Americans helping Kosovo an invasion of Serbia by America?

Because in the general public's mind, at least here, Vietnam was basically America slaughtering civilians left and right until the people back home got tired of it.
Thus, most people perceive it as an invasion, though the american army never engaged in Tet-sized offenssives against North Vietnam.

It was by Iraq

Honestly you should have left Iraq alone after the Gulf war
But noooo you just had to go and invade Iraq and put your puppets to control Iraq

fpbp

That's people falling for propaganda..

Saddam got what he deserved.

Why are Americans so susceptible to propaganda?

>the Indians and french will rape your women and eat your children
>the British are tyrants and too many taxes
>it is about free trade and sailor's rights
>it's about slavery
>Spain sunk the Maine
>the Lusitania is a passenger only ship
>South Vietnam needs our benevolence
>muh wmds and 9/11

Well yes.
People fall for propaganda all the time, people nowadays still fall for Goebbels' lies.
Funnily enough, that idea of the Vietnam war was probably unknowingly spread by Hollywood patriotic movies.

what revisionist?

I dont recall Vietnam Helicopters descending into shartland mcdonalds to take their burgers away!

youtube.com/watch?v=epAXIdQrd5E&ytbChannel=baddspella

>Spain sunk the Maine
Will never not make me laugh
Yeah this decadent empire with naught but a few islands to its name was just dying to get attacked by the greatest power in the Americas

Also your daily reminder

Only fuck the ones that cough

youtube.com/watch?v=9EKqDCFcIck&ytbChannel=njaaknifen

I remember reading that the spanish authorities even tried to save as many of americans as they could. Yep, definitely the culprit.

Ah bueno, por lo menos le dieron una buena pelea. Me imagino que pudieran haber ganado si estuviesen mejor preparado.

I blame Roosevelt, that guy was an asshat

Ah well, it's just a bummer that our political situation changed forever because of a situation in Cuba. What's worse is that the history textbooks have been getting filled with anti-spanish propaganda since the 90s, so most of the children abhor the spanish, and now they're trying to build a neo-taino identity, which is ridiculous, since the Puerto Rican identity didn't exist as such before the Spanish arrival and very little (if any) of the indigenous culture remain. It's a shame really, Puerto Rico along with Cuba share one of the strongest cultural ties with Spain in Latin America.

What's more likely, an independent Puerto Rico or a 51st state Puerto Rico?

>yfw America got B T F O by skinny rice farmers

Truly the greatest day of my life.

Tbh we laugh about 9/11 too. Every year I get "happy 9/11!" Texts on 9/11 for keks.

Because you certainly weren't there for freedom

Statehood is more likely, the independence movement was at it's peak in the 20th century, though it got destroyed by the FBI because most of the independence supporters were left leaning (and as you can figure, the red fear was prevalent in the US society back then). It doesn't help that the party advocating for independence is outdated and hasn't changed their strategy in the 21st century. Support for independence has increased over the recent years, though not enough to make an meaningful impact.
But, since the congress doesn't want to grant us statehood (and for good reasons, statehood would give us too much power), practically nothing will happen. I'm more curious on what the congress will do with us in the future, they're the only voice that really hold weight regarding our status.

Vive le Porto Rico et le Québec libre pêh

>Our only goal was to protect the South Vietnamese.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers#Actual_objective_of_the_Vietnam_War:_Containment_of_China