What the fuck is wrong with film critics these days? Are they literally being paid off?

What the fuck is wrong with film critics these days? Are they literally being paid off?

Critics care about the deeper meaning and message of a film. Audiences only care about explosions and boobs.

stop using rotten tomatoes, that's your answer.

No, critics care EXCLUSIVELY about the deeper meaning of films. The Babadook works well on a metaphorical level, but it's a shitty unpleasant watch.

The deeper meaning of Sausage Party was just DUDE RELIGION LMAO though.

If you are stupid enough to even walk into that flick then yeah you probably are stupid enough to give it a decent rating

Average rating was 6.8, maybe a little high, but calm the fuck down

Critics see movies professionally. They don't choose to watch whatever looks good, but what people are most likely to want to read about.

suck my cock

He got dubs, you have to suck his cock now.

JUST

Wow you're telling me the Hollywood establishment is trying to shove a hyper-sexual comedy written by a Jew down our throats? Who would have thought.

What are the three movies on the left?

That can't be real.

I won't look it up because I'm scared, but I refuse to believe it anyways

Critics have ethics and deeper moral values. They see the intrinsic meaning. Regular movie viewers are essentially braindead and don't understand deep satire.

if you don't recognize fucking ctizen kane you should literally kill yourself

Last Year at Marienbad
Citizen Kane
La Jetée

Now I can tell my grandsons that I lived in a time when regular movie goes were less pleb than professional critics

Critics have been paid off for decades. Also, there are barely any fully fledged film critics now, most are just general journalists. No publication can afford to keep a film critic on the books.

>movie made by Jewish atheists that promotes a negative view of religion
>surprise at its positive (((reception)))

the average ratings are so close to each other

6.8/10
6.4/10 (3.2/5)

should i killmyself or watch the movie or watch the movie and then kill myself?

As much as I absolutely hate CGI, you have to admit it's at least a completely new form of genre. Sure we've had animation for as far back as cave drawings, but considering every computer combined in the entire world back in those films' days couldn't even render a single frame of a modern CGI shit fest is kind of impressive.

Then again it's just transferring general technological advancement into CGI, so there really is no defence of 3D animated pleb shit.

Atheist propaganda. I'm happy this failed at the box office and the numales at RT got wrekt

I cringed

>Atheist propaganda.

Yeah. How dare people speak out for atheism in times when religious people drive trucks into christmas markets?

Critics are hacks, more at 9

>let me pretend that muslim terrorists represent Christians
wtf I hate bible now

>I cringed
cringed

Critic rating: 6.8/10
Audience rating: 6.4/10

When will plebs learn to properly interpret RTs rating system?

Who said anything about christians? It's a result of our societies failure to engage critically with religion.

Sup Forums birthed Project Chanology. Fuck off with your pro-religious shit, guy. Fuck plebbit for making it cool to be religious now.

I rented it last month and I found it to be hilarious. Seems like something Sup Forums came up with and if you hate it fuck you, suck a dick. I'm 26 and the juvenile jokes and gags reminded me of when I saw Freddie Got Fingered, or Biodome, or 90s Adam Sandler movies. You uptight teenage dumbasses need to enjoy things more. We need more movies like these, ones that are outrageous and have weird premises. Movies that gross you out, that are trippy, that do stupid shit for laughs. The world keeps turning to shit and people like me despise it. We need stupid fun movies like these to make us forget the world, even if only for 90 minutes.

The problem is you seem to think a film that got 84% on Rotten Tomatoes is an 84% film you fucking mongoloid.

If you want to actually gauge a film's quality then go to metacritic

It sounds like you're just a massive fucking pleb.

Read a modern """critic""" you can kind of tell that they really never studied cinema and are basically failed journalists
Or are just glorified bloggers

6.8/10 doesn't sound that good.

please consider removing yourself from the gene pool

You mean Muslims
And our. Societies shouldn't have any Muslims in them

>they write movie reviews for cash
>GUYS WHERE THE MONEY COMES FROM
>I DONT KNOW
From the fucking studio marketing budget.

Paying off reviewers? Who would do that?

>Advocating for more movies like Biodome and Adam Sandler movies
You'd better start believing in Jesus because you're earning yourself a place in Hell.

Bullshit. Freedom of religion is a human right. But with that freedom comes a responsibility to treat it critically and call it out when it leads to antisocial behaviour.

What exactly is it about magic that seems so plausible to you?

they only do it because atheists provoke them

More like SHITizan Kane hahaha #gottem

but I recognize Bigguy Bane, so jokes on you.

DUDE
SEX
LMAO

>he thinks chanology was a good thing
It killed the site

You can interpret the RT scores as follows

The big red percentage bar is an indication of whether or not the movie achieves what it sets out to do.

The audience score is whether or not it's entertaining.

You're welcome.

it just sped up the inevitable

considering before chanology, the site culture was literally built around remaining as obscure as possible, no, chanology most certainly did not speed up anything.

Check out the average rating. Pretty mediocre.

>We need stupid fun movies like these to make us forget the world
t. austistic manchild

freedom of religion is bullshit because only Christianity is true

Sup Forums managed to survive chanology intact except for alot more newfags shitting up the place

It was gamergrate that inflicted a mortal wound on Sup Forums with a good chunk of the userbase leaving for cripplechan and moot leaving

What the fuck is the "tomatometer" even sourcing from? it's not the average obviously.

Is it literally just arbitrary, a way for RT staff to push their liberal agenda?

It's a retarded metric that judges based on positive reviews, so a 51% is just as valuable as a 100% rating on the tomatometer

>Sup Forums managed to survive chanology intact

This is not true and I'm not sure how one could think otherwise.

>so a 51% is just as valuable as a 100%
a 51% means 49% of the reviews were negative.

It really didnt get bad till Gamergate

Chanology just lead to newfags everywhere

Human rights are a Christian humanist meme.
Humans have no inherit rights.

I meant they'd count that the same as a 100% from a reviewer as positive on the meter

>Tomatometer critic aggregate score

>Rotten Tomatoes staff first collect online reviews from writers who are certified members of various writing guilds or film critic associations. To be accepted as a critic on the website, a critic's original reviews must garner a specific number of "likes" from users. Those classified as "Top Critics" generally write for major newspapers. The staff determine for each review whether it is positive ("fresh", marked by a small icon of a red tomato) or negative ("rotten", marked by a small icon of a green splattered tomato). (Staff assessment is needed as some reviews are qualitative rather than numeric in ranking.)[citation needed]

so it's literal bullshit.

guess that explains this. 4.9/10 just wasn't low enough for them.

>gamergate brought traffic to Sup Forums

... at this point its clear you either know what you're talking about and are purposefully posting the exact opposite or you have no idea what you're talking about.

Either way, stop.

>plebbit
>religious

Are you functionally retarded?

Reviewers themselves determine if their review is positive or negative.

I think he means how it became a bastion of atheism and Sup Forums le contrarian meme

And tomatometer makes an aggregate rating based on whether those reviews were positive or negative, regardless of actual numeric score so a 51 is the same as 100 and 49 is the same as a 1 in that calculation. It's a shit metric

Not all reviews are explicitly positive or negative. Some reviewers actually discuss the merits and demerits of the film without passing explicit judgement.

>>gamergate brought traffic to Sup Forums

where did I say that?

Chanology was a load of shit that brought in the retarded underage newfags but Gamergate nearly lead to the sites demise my friend

84% is probably bit much but 53% is too low. It was pretty good. I found it funny and the religious/social commentary, apart from being on its own valuable, particularly considering the audience, was actual a pretty effective comedic tool. It made the film a little bit more than just a completely "dude lmao living food, sex and violence" comedy to something which was grounded in reality and had a wider scope.

There are so many more heinous examples on the other side, where the audience score is outlandishly skewed to one side or the other - usually because of a memey gimmick. Again, 83% is too much, but for what it was intended to be you couldn't really ask for more.

Holy shit, grow up man.

No the barrier of entry to becoming a filmm critic is much lower now, back in the 70's-80's there was just a handful of highly qualified, well- read critics but now anyone with a large enough blog can be considered a film critic.

You know when you see videos about these SJW hipsters in college? They go on to work in the media.

Duuuuude sexual references and toilet humor lmaoooo

>people still take RT seriously

The only reason to go there is to know how shilled a movie is going to be

I saw this flick last week with my family and I unironically believe it 's the worst movie of 2016

AMA

>with my family
How many times did you cringe

I wouldn't dare to make an estimate, a lot.

No one laughed except my 14 year old cousin, who would be listening Linkin Park by now had he been born in my generation

>Are they literally being paid off?

Yes.

Chanology an gamergate were the same shit in a different wrapper. Moot actually saw it for what it was and tried to get rid of it but it was too late. It was always too late. I think moot might have said that raids were the cancer even before chanology and it was already too late.

STOP

USING

ROTTEN

TOMATOES

Everyone around here memes it like it's the pinnacle format for movie ratings to cherry pick situations like these

>what is every marvel movie

>Are they literally being paid off?

Always have been, always will.

Do you know why there are so many five-star films nowadays? Because critics use six stars in their ratings now, that's why.

It's not even the first time they pulled this trick. Originally the film magazines used 1-3 stars, but then added a fourth so that more films would get a 3-star review.

It's all about hype and getting arses on cinema seats, and you can bet your life the critics are taking a cut. At the end of the day they're all journalists (aka presstitutes) - probably the most corrupt profession in history.

I don't think a film critic should have ever been allowed to be considered a real career.

DUDE

WEED

LMAO

I hope this post becomes a pasta.

The deeper message of that movie is "God isn't real or is evil so have butt sex and swear a lot"

so cinema now has more color in it. great.

Metacritic master race

>freedom of religion is a human right
"No"

The official pecking order of the literary profession:-

1. Writers
2. Hack writers
3. Ghost writers
4. Journalists
5. Critics
6. Bloggers
7. Mark Kermode

kek
If only this was true. Too many people hold that guy's opinion in high regard.

I wanna fuck that Taco.

You know they're employed by magazines, websites and such, right? Or are you just pretending to be dumb now?

What do you mean what's wrong with critics?

They rated it a 6.8/10 which is below average. Granted, it could be lower, but it's low enough for critics range.

back when rotten tomatoes wasn't owned by disney it was actually reputable and offered an unbiased consensus of a film. That's not the case anymore.

i think he''s a good educator in film, some of his essay's are really well written but take everything he says with a pinch of salt. i mean for fuck sake he actually enjoys the twilight movies

Sup Forums birthed Project Chanology. Fuck off with your pro-religious shit, guy. Fuck plebbit for making it cool to be religious now.

I rented it last month and I found it to be hilarious. Seems like something Sup Forums came up with and if you hate it fuck you, suck a dick. I'm 26 and the juvenile jokes and gags reminded me of when I saw Freddie Got Fingered, or Biodome, or 90s Adam Sandler movies. You uptight teenage dumbasses need to enjoy things more. We need more movies like these, ones that are outrageous and have weird premises. Movies that gross you out, that are trippy, that do stupid shit for laughs. The world keeps turning to shit and people like me despise it. We need stupid fun movies like these to make us forget the world, even if only for 90 minutes.

Everyone who isn't on Sup Forums is getting paid for their opinions.