What's the greatest album of all time and why is it American Idiot?

What's the greatest album of all time and why is it American Idiot?

What's the greatest song off of American Idiot and why is it a bonus track?

Lel

not even best gd album

Objectively wrong. Kerplunk is immature and childish at best. American Idiot is a Punk Rock masterpiece through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

Also, none of the albums you like are even as ambitious or as visionary as American Idiot; you clearly missed the point and are a terrible plebeian. They simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness. The punk spirit is there, but it just doesn't challenge anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot. And no, this is not bait at all. You're just ignorant.

American Idiot is PERFECT MUCORE!

o' man..

t. Plebweenis

This and pic-related are the best GD albums

>great album of all time
>a pop rock album
weak b8 m8

>Doesn't know what genre American Idiot is

Its pop rock.

American Idiot

insomniac???

>Still doesn't know what genre American Idiot is

nope its pop punk idiot.

No, not even close. You're a fucking idiot. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Holiday, American Idiot and Wake Me Up When September Ends are Alternative Rock. Alternative Rock is not Pop Rock. There isn't a second of Pop Rock on this album. Read .

because Too Much Too Soon

I'LL BE BACK

No it's pop garbage

>Still won't accept what genre American Idiot is

Do you expect me to read that?

If you're smart.

Either letterbomb or jeseus of suburbia