CHRISTIAN GENERAL

Continued from last thread
Orthodox pastebin with FAQ's for atheists and others, along with a reading list with links: pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

Any tips for converting Muslims?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E
stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

convert the females with ur dick

I ignore all differences with other Prots to purge the Calvinist heresy.

Discipline of one's thought life is the ultimate habit for any Christian. It's truly the path toward righteousness. Pic related.

"If you sow a thought, you reap an act; sow an act, you reap a habit; sow a habit, you reap a character; sow a character, you reap a destiny."

Give them bacon

First for Anglicans

Hopefully soon to be the English Orthodox Church.

Lapsed Catholic looking into Orthodox Christianity now that the Pope is a full pro-refugee cuck. If I'm curious, can I just drop into my local Greek Orthodox Church? What should I expect, and is there a certain dress code?

High Church united vs Evangelical and Calvinist heresies

Yeah, sure you can.

Greeks are the most lax of the Orthodox when it comes to dress code, but you still generally wear a dress shirt and pants or a suit.

CARM doesn't wanna tell you this

Can we please ban Protestants?
Catholics and Orthodox only.

>traditionalist Catholic
>don't care for Pope Francis
>still think he's the legit pope, though
It's a sad time.

If he goes against the truths of the traditions then he isn't Pope.

I feel u

What are you smoking? The Pope is fallible almost all of the time.

Reposting from last thread because I wanted to share this with anonbros
------------------------

was reading about Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane. He knew he was going to suffer the next day and was stressed about it; it's the only time we ever see Christ in distress. He asks the disciples to stay awake and pas the night with Him. He didn't want to be alone, knowing what He was going to face the next day but in their human frailty and ignorance they failed Christ and fell asleep. He even asked "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me". Our Savior must have been suffering so much at that moment; knowing and feeling divine apprehension about what He had to do; alone...imagine, Our Savior, our Beloved, alone in the hour of need.
It hit me hard senpai. And I prayed to God to reach out across time and reach Christ at that moment when He knew He was alone; when he assumed humanity's sins, and sweat blood. I asked God that my prayer may be made known across time (for time is no object to God) and that it may reach Christ when he was all alone, in that garden on a springtime night in 1st century Jerusalem, so that He might know that in some small way He's not alone, that I know what's facing Him, that I love Jesus and don't want Him to face all that totally alone. To just say in some way that I'm here, so far away, in space and time, wishing I could be with my Lord at that time.

It felt really good. That prayer was a turning point in my life actually.

Oh yes I forgot to say: this the story of the best prayer I ever prayed

>“I saw that all who do not profess an identical faith with themselves are considered by the Orthodox to be heretics, just as the Catholics and others consider the Orthodox to be heretics. And i saw that the Orthodox (though they try to hide this) regard with hostility all who do not express their faith by the same external symbols and words as themselves; and this is naturally so; first, because the assertion that you are in falsehood and I am in truth, is the most cruel thing one man can say to another; and secondly, because a man loving his children and brothers cannot help being hostile to those who wish to pervert his children and brothers to a false belief. And that hostility is increased in proportion to one's greater knowledge of theology. And to me who considered that truth lay in union by love, it became self-evident that theology was itself destroying what it ought to produce.”

The Pope is infallible when he speaks "ex cathedra" (google that if you don't understand it)

Francis' shitty comments have been pastoral not magisterial but regardless the amount and severity of his awful pastoral comments qualify him as one of the worst popes of all time

What did they mean by this?

7's are blessed
Also, post branch here.
Catholic fag here.
youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E

I agree with everything you say here. He's an awful pope, and clearly shouldn't have been elected.
But he's my awful pope, whether I like it or not.

The idea that the Pope needs to employ that phrase to be infallible didn't exist before the 19th Century. If it did, many Popes would have used it.

>the assertion that you are in falsehood and I am in truth, is the most cruel* thing one man can say to another
I think you mean *charitable

The Popes weren't considered fully infallible before the 19th century. It was enacted as a bulwark against modernism and, frankly, Masonic/gommie infiltration

>his awful pastoral comments
Like what? What has he said that's wrong?

Here's a question I like to think about--how do you guys imagine the infallibility doctrine is enforced, God-wise?
Would any pope/council that tried to break it be physically unable to? struck dead? somehow prevented from getting power in the first place?

Moderns think of symbols as things that can be dismissed or reverse-engineered, and the ancient understanding is closer to ritual magic, you use the symbol to work real change.

Just this week, he spouted off and said "the majority of sacramental marriages are invalid because people don't understand what forever means"

He literally claimed, because of his own unsupported conjecture, that the majority of marriages are effectively pre-annulled. And that's just this week. Nigga is crayzay

Annulment, in Catholicism, is always pre-annulled, that is what distinguishes annulment from divorce: divorce, the marriage is terminated, annulment means it was actually existed.

He's saying that to give couples more leeway to annul. They can just say, " I didn't understand the commitment necessary".

dude, Pope Cuckhold is a few years from dying

you should be helping make sure these types are looked down on in your community

And you don't, you know, see a problem maybe with just claiming the majority of marriages are pre-annulled?

The Pope's right-hand (pic related) man is very close friends with Benedict

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

this is fucking true bro, but not just with muslims, with ANYONE.

aint nothing gonna make girls the way u want them to be if u cant get inside them.

beat the men, fuck the girls. taking the virgin high-road (i'm too good to defile myself with these whores) will only lead christians further to extinction

Yes, but I'm Orthodox. We divorce, not annul, so we don't have to worry about that.

Pic related: valid reasons for divorce in Orthodoxy

Valid grounds for annulment of marriage in the Catholic Church include, but are not limited to:
*you married for social status but the person did not have the status you expected
*you didn't know marriage was a "permanent relationship"
*you married intending to have the option of divorce open
*you did not know marriage was an "exclusive relationship"
stmarys-waco.org/documents/Grounds for Marriage Annulment in the Catholic Church.pdf
ewtn.com/expert/answers/marital_consent.htm

But, in the RCC, if your husband leaves you with three kids, you have to stay married to him and raise them as a single mom; if your wife gets knocked up through adultery, you have to stay married.

A good chunk of Amoris Laetitia is him practically apologizing, emphasizing that so many of the ideals of the Church aren't lived up to by its members.
There's also the infamous footnote that half-gives permission to distribute the Eucharist to the divorced+civilly remarried, against the infallible teaching of the Council of Trent.
He has also failed to (or deliberately avoided to) address the largest concerns of many adherents. To wit, he failed to emphasize the Culture of Lufe during his US visit, and he suppressed discussion of Eucharist to remarried adulterers during the Synod.

You know that God sees through legalistic reasoning into your heart right?He knows what your real motivation is. You know that He knows why you divorced or annulled or whatever, why you broke a marriage sacrament, and that He will judge accordingly, with His perfect judgement, right?

I didn't break any marriage, what are you talking about?

I believe you will find that Orthodoxy is rotten to the core as well. The current Pope, and all religious leaders are merely reflecting the age of degeneration we live in.

I'm just saying hypothetically

Wisdom. Orthodoxy is based but it's also become a meme; Sup Forums acts like it has no problems but they're infected with a reverence for nationalism over Christ, a smugly superior attitude to other Christians, and modernism is slowly creeping in.

True Christians of all apostolic denominations have to stick together and survive this degenerate sinful age

Divorce involves penance and if you remarry it's a subdued ceremony, it's not considered a light matter, it's one taken if your spouse is cheating on you or is jeopardizing your family.

i'm just throwing this out there, but there's speculation the current pope has a brain tumor

there's also a good chance we might get a pope in the future that is FOR war against isis

let that sink in

Orthodox don't consider any other Christians to be Apostolic--that's what makes us so very not modern, we refuse to recognize the validity of heretics.

>The document affirms love and peace as the church's ideals, criticizes racism, inequality, moral degradation and "liberal globalism" -- it's an agenda as conservative as it is anodyne.

>Yet the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

But the agenda, an effort toward an Orthodox Vatican II, failed

>the Russian Orthodox church, the biggest of all potential participants, has pulled out at the last moment, following the defection of three smaller churches, and the Council has been rendered meaningless or even damaging to future attempts to bring Orthodox Christianity into the 21st century.

bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

>Wisdom. Orthodoxy is based but it's also become a meme; Sup Forums acts like it has no problems but they're infected with a reverence for nationalism over Christ, a smugly superior attitude to other Christians, and modernism is slowly creeping in.
>True Christians of all apostolic denominations have to stick together and survive this degenerate sinful age

Indeed, the Russian Orthodoxy church serves Putin and the Russian Government first, and Christ second. As for the Greek Orthodox Church I really don't know what authority they hold. As a Catholic, Orthodoxy is extremely foreign and eastern to me.

Regardless of this, I am accepting of anyone who follows the Nicene Creed and accepts Christ as their Lord and saviour.

Pls remember these are Sup Forums heritage threads

>there's also a good chance we might get a pope in the future that is FOR war against isis
The same forces behind the election of Francis will choose the next Pope.

Putin is a solid Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk

The Church Church doesn't "serve" him, it supports him because of his increasingly Christian policy (restricting abortion, banning gay parades, etc.). Please stop spouting Soros backed memes

I listen to Transforming Our Lives in Christ, a bible study podcast on Ancient Faith Radio. It's just s recording of a weekly Orthodox Gospel study class, and the priest who leads it is clearly a holy man, Father Evan Armatas. He's very relatable, vastly intelligent, articulate and virtuous. Just hearing his podcast has made me a much better Christian and it has helped me understand so much more about the Orthodox and their similarities/differences to us Catholics. I strongly recommend it

francis wasn't picked because he is a mudslime lover

he was picked because he is a humble man from a humble background

the cardinals care more about petty things, and they can be swayed

He was picked for the same reason Benedict was ousted.

The Russian Orthodox Church is full of FSB agents and is highly corrupt, this is no secret.

I'll have to check it out.

because his butler leaked documents describing shady dealings?

nah, the church just wanted to preserve its image by parading this humble guy

just petty things

>The Russian Orthodox Church is full of FSB agents and is highly corrupt, this is no secret.
The RCC is full of Masonic agents

What book of the Bible are you studying lads?