Superhero movies

who the FUCK watches superhero movies? they are extremely degenerate. they are also repetitive, shitty and offer nothing positive for the mind. why 80% of all films every single year are some fucking marvel and DC movies? when will this stop?

REMINDER: there are superhero faggots browsing this board RIGHT NOW

>who the FUCK watches superhero movies?
gaymen

i know you guys dont get out much but most people watch these films

what do you expect? theyre watered down action movies made for all the family so obviously they are popular.
Why are you annoyed people watch them? Just forget about them and watch something else like the rest of us do.

Judging from their box office? Everybody and their mother.

Get a life you fucking stupid loser.

Literally everyone does

Name a modern mainstream movie right now that is not capeshit or starshit.

Sing and Moana made 200 million domestic

>inb4 b-but those are bad movies

>ask for movies as an adult
>get children's cartoons
Question still stands, faggot.

Im sure 50 Shades Darker out next month is considered mainstream. Also Transformers films

>Name a modern mainstream movie right now that is not capeshit or starshit
>ask for movies as an adult

Wow, it's almost like we're posting on an 18+ website or something.

>>Name a modern mainstream movie right now that is not capeshit or starshit

Why does your nurse let you watch them if it bothers you this much?

Yeah, I asked for movies and not children's cartoons.

>>>Name a modern mainstream movie right now that is not capeshit or starshit

superfags should get their own board for their shitty movies + anything star wars + fantasy shit like lotr hobbit

The Mummy ... is nearly out.

>I'm so much above capeshit, I watch cartoons all day

Is it possible to take a superhero out of the construct of your average superhero movie, and insert him in a different construct?

If we take away the crime, the action and the villain of a Batman movie, would a movie with only Batman, without him fighting anyone, driving anything, building anything, just the Batman work?
In movies, not in any other medium, but a movie. Would such a movie work?

If such a movie works, I will argue that there is 'deepness' and merit in Batman.
But, if Batman needs to fight Superman and hear his mothers name and then fight a guy called Doomsday. I will argue that Batman needs certain literary devices to work as a movie and as a character and we really have nothing particularly deep to learn from any movie about or with Batman in it.

WTF? I hate superheros now

Thank you OP for showing me the light, i'll never watch another superhero movie as long as I live.

Sad to say, we live in a post-literate world. More people reading picture-books = more people watching capeshit.

Comics are popular in Japan because written Japanese is genuinely hard to read. There's a genuine problem with adult literacy in Japan.

Murcans have no such excuse. They're just retards, basically.

>More people reading picture-books
I don't think comics are selling as well these days as they once did.
>manga
Well that is, yes.

I'm with you, I havn't paid to see a super hero movie since Iron Man 1. I also fell asleep when someone tried to show me Guardians of the Galaxy

They are the film equivalent to McDonald's Big Macs, and if you'd prefer that over the film equivalent of a nice steak dinner, you just don't have any taste

Comic books have nothing to do with the popularity of comic book movies. The movies are nothing like the comics.

There it is. That food analogy again.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it good user.

Explain what is wrong with that analogy.

It's absurd how much time and effort is put into attempting to make shitty comics realistic.

I just see it every time I come into one of these threads is all.

I dont think anyone is pretending theyre better than the alternative, but i know a lot of people enjoy them because you can just relax and turn your brain off for a bit
Being constantly cynical ruins enjoyment for me, im sure a lot of others feel the same way

Because food is the only thing Sup Forums can relate to.