How can a country be so devoid of musical talent?

How can a country be so devoid of musical talent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wBAaoPpRK78
youtube.com/watch?v=XeBTM2HDLqI&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=VhzaL_nWRP0
youtube.com/watch?v=rn1HtEmqsIA&t=1987s
youtube.com/watch?v=zYKmG3D27Ww&t=42s
youtu.be/FWBfFkJvo5A
youtube.com/watch?v=vCPmBY61QmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

since when is texas a country

They are a consumer country, not a productive one.

quality bait or full retard

since the second american civil war

Ricardo Villalobos is cool.

>talent

Los Jaivas.

Nicolas Jaar

i don't know user, everything made here in chile is above average at best, at least since the 00's. at least the punk scene is nice i guess

Ok dad

What year is it ???!!!

Go to bed son. you have to go to school tomorrow.

holy dick. I am a full on libtard cuck from coastal california and even I can't deny the sheer TALENT that has come out of Texas.

>Stevie Ray Vaughn
>UGK
>Old 97's
>Usher
>King Curtis
>Pantera
>Butthole Surfers

and many more

listen to "massive power" you lil' bitch they're fairly recent and chilean
youtube.com/watch?v=wBAaoPpRK78

Hi
youtube.com/watch?v=XeBTM2HDLqI&t=1s

Everyone you just mentioned isn't even that relevant anymore

niños del cerro fucking sucks you fucking gay ass milennial, i bet you paint your nails black too

youtube.com/watch?v=VhzaL_nWRP0
youtube.com/watch?v=rn1HtEmqsIA&t=1987s

hay que ser muy normie pa creer en este thread culiao. chileno chaquetero que no se toma a sus artistas enserio o latinomaricano weta que no sabe de lo que habla.

han sido elevaos por weonesDePitillosNegros hasta mas no poder pero eso no los hace malos, solo no son tan buenos como lo hacen. su musica es piola

Best band coming through. Why in the fuck they stopped playing?

youtube.com/watch?v=zYKmG3D27Ww&t=42s

kinda true

Pinochet made us all submissive, no wonder we have no flair.

true
concertacion was kinda the same in regards to culture, politics and economics behaviors but with no killing commies allowed

lol

I really like how Las Olas and Niños del Cerro sound, but their whole imagery (lyrics, titling, 'politics') does not do it for me. It's the same tired bullshit 'indie platense' has been doing in Argentina for the last 15 years. No wonder they got gigs in that same scene this side of Los Andes. Dudes need to wise up, they sound much better than argie mainstream indie

that's not texas that's chile

I think they do it well, at least las olas. they are above the average indie shit, but they are in the same scena with all this indie boring shit. para mi Las Olas son los que destacan junto a Paracaidistas.

Decide what language is of your preference before committing it to the proper writing form. Assmuncher.

Oh, and all those bands are fucking awful. I give them two more years before they disband.

>Comes to Sup Forums to be funny
>Still manages to embarrassing himself by showcasing his facist and ignorant upbringing by not knowing anything about the band that music begginers take as a first step to get into the richness of latinoamerican New Song
You obviously haven't heard "Los Sueños de America" and their most psychodelic stuff. I always recommend this album to retards like you.

Retards don't want to even care about the mighty Jaivas because of muh politics. Don't waste your time user. We need more love for Quilapayun. For fucks sake, La cantata de Santa Maria always brings a tear to my eye.

Electrodomesticos is interesting.
youtu.be/FWBfFkJvo5A

>I lost all my Quila shit when I broke my computer
I'm not even over recovering my Congreso stuff yet.
OP is retarded, there's plenty of talents, but you have to do research which is actually kind of fun.

no
>all those bands are fucking awful
says who

la cantanta and canto para una semilla are the best shit in chilean music. period.

Oh south mexicans

I'm a huge pleb, but I think Föllakzoid is good

Classic "I'm Latin American and everything or most things from the region is complete trash." Decolonize your mind senpai.

Ugh I hate this. Puerto Rico here!

this

trash cuckmusique/10

Terra Incognita has to be one of the most beautiful albums in chilean history and probably two motherfuckers (you and I) have only listened to it. That is why I don't like shit and I don't go out.

t. commie

>Still manages to embarrassing himself by showcasing his facist and ignorant upbringing
wew lad

lel

What are you talking about?
Texas has had some great music! I could name you at least five musical talents from Texas that have had an impact on music that AREN'T country.

You obviously don't know your history.
Texas started out as an independent country.

it's me, 2023 user. Texas is a country now and all of the east coast is underwater

Trash

i have this shit on lp

I don't care faggot

Everything was alright until track five came on.
Singer sucks major time dick.

>likes literal shit
Of course you don't

There is nothing wrong with having a vocalist that can't sing

Victor Jara, Inti-Illimani, Quilapayun, the list goes on..

fpbp

Suck my dick

>Daniel Johnston
>Lift to Experience
>Viper
>Jack Hyles

There was a interesting surge of pop at the end of the 90's, stuff like Supernova, Gulp! comes to my mind, also worth nothing La Ley and Los Tres from back then.

But overall, yeah, it's quite shitty, now it's specially bad and the communists are fucking everywhere to top it all.

Good. Coasties can burn for all I care.
t. Texas

>How can a country be so devoid of musical talent?
Excuse you, faggot

But Texas has a coast you dumb faggot

This

Chile sucks in music. I've listened to a lot of music from my country and it never has anything new or groundbreaking to offer, and we get those kinds of records every year from other countries.
In Chile, every band and artist thinks they're the cornerstone of the current state of art. Even Los Tres said unironically that their album "Fome" was the latin american Pet Sounds.
Ases Falsos are jerks, Los Bunkers only made four chord–4/4 tunes, Javiera Mena is insufferable, Mon La Ferte is ridiculous and boring, Niños del Cerro sound like any average indie rock buzzband that could have been popular in the 00s, Boy Pablo is a Mac DeMarco rip-off, every Lucybell song is a snoozefest, and Chancho en Piedra the singer uses an exaggerated voice that ruins the whole thing that wasn't that good in the first place.
The only acts I can really say do something for Chile's art is Violeta Parra (not really my thing, but quite revolutionary) and Víctor Jara.

The problem with Chile is that we're always three steps behind everybody else.

Niños del cerro (ANCO wanna be)
Planeta no
Patio solar
Maifersoni
Los barbara blade
Velódromo
Los valentina
Tus amigos nuevos
Alex anwandter
Urban monk(RIP)
Miguel Conejeros
Almendra

Chilena music id good normie faggots, you have to look further

>pop
>musical talent
wew

>I've listened to a lot of music from my country
>just mention radio-core
Fuck off

Shilling your friend's shitty bands is nice, but how about you post something good for once

Otherwise it would be too long. Instead of just typing "fuck off" maybe YOU could make some suggestions?? The rest are some good things here and there but the only ones that really stand out as special are Violeta Parra and Víctor Jara

Have you listened to chilean classical music? And folklore composers?

Most of those are super popular and are ripping off someone else. Instead of calling "normie" everyone else, maybe you can get into truly innovative bands like Xiu Xiu or Deerhoof

>Javiera Mena is insufferable
confirmed pleb

I've listened to Tito Fernández, Tío Valentín, Patricio Manns, Shwenke & Nilo, Eduardo Gatti

Yeah muy best friend is alex.
Faggot

>patio solar
>velodromo
>tus amigos nuevos
>all this discount third world pitchfork-core
lol fuck off

She has never written a decent melody and her beats sound like something LCD Soundsystem could have done in 2005

Go back in time. Those are not good. Try to search for composers born in the 1900's, 10's and 20's. The big band era from the 50's had some very good songwriters too, but half of their repertoire was peruvian or colombian, so it's kind of hard to know without the full information from the record.

conche su mare weonaso xdxd :v

peruvian detected.

There's a chance you also like shitty music. Post last.fm/rym, faggot.

ste weon :v:v:v

how can a planet be so devoid of musical talent?

(You)

>just mention 3 of the list.
Try harder

Los Jaivas are the only good chilean band, everything else is a ripoff of some US/UK band that did it better

I second these

Also the band, Astro, which no one on Sup Forums seems to know
youtube.com/watch?v=vCPmBY61QmQ

>Terra Incognita
gonna check this
thanks user

>what is rock & pop
Astro is fucking dead btw

>using last.fm
>using rym

>Chilean music is good for normie faggots
ftfy