Why is this still on air despite being so unfunny for so long?

Why is this still on air despite being so unfunny for so long?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=DvwBMucHJEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

old people

It must make money, I've always wondered about the budget of this show compared to the ad revenue. It's ratings have been terrible for years.

it really is MASSIVELY unfunny

It's institutionalized.

It's not even watchable. The unfunniness is cringeworthy

because although is unfunny as fuck nowadays, it's an American symbol just as Dr Who is for the British people, and once a show gets this status it earn the right of "the perpetual broadcasting"

It should be used as a graveyard for comics but no, some of these cringeworthy failures actually go on to have movie "careers"

Why are talk shows still on the air despite being massively unfunny for so long? It's just an excuse for celebrities to promote their latest stuff, same with SNL.

because although is unfunny as fuck nowadays, it's an American symbol just as weed is for the Jamaica people, and once a show gets this status it earn the right of "the eternal transmission"

So they can push propaganda

It's just used for liberal propaganda these days

Hasn't been funny since Sandler left, who was ironically a Republican

>Everything I don't watch is liberal propaganda

SNL continued being funny in the late 90's.

>hey c'mon this show was still funny just 25 years ago

Americans love it as a brand for comedians. it just launches careers with lots of junk.

Reminder that this is the good skit
youtube.com/watch?v=z3eN9u5N2Q4

I still don't understand how this bit was even written and allowed past Lorne, but I'm glad it did

its a bit like Sup Forums in a way.. you gotta wade through miles of shit to find the good stuff

This. Its looked at as a beacon of liberal morality. They make fun of anything that isn't progressive, when that is actually what they used to make fun of.

Holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=DvwBMucHJEY

> Her username is "myhairisblue"

You can't make this shit up.

SNL is essentially a farm system for the next """up and coming""" """""""comedians""""""" to hone their """"""""""""craft""""""""""". What this means is it provides an arena for entertainment moguls to focus group the hell out of the performers until they find one that they can shill to Hollywood for 3-4 awful movies. The show itself doesn't have to he funny as long as it provides a steady stream of """comedians""" who are palatable to millenial focus groups.

so, it's the jews again?

>entertainment moguls

>Who are the ad wizards who came up with this one?

SNL used to have material Americans could relate to, now it's mostly subject matter only New Yorkers care about.

HA

Didn't everyone complain about that bit afterwards because it was so triggering?

i don't normally throw this term around, but the answer is actually plebs. people who are fucking idiots and have no taste watch this along with numerous other shows that you cannot fathom taking the time to watch.

this actually made me chuckle though. What, can't have a laugh?

liberals need an outlet where they can parody conservatives in a place that people will watch and is socially acceptable

also, boomers

I still watch because it is a bastion of American entertainment. However it is becoming less so.

It can't be expensive, people launch their careers there, usually as writers, occasionally as cast members, they use the same few sets, and ontop of it all... What the fuck else is NBC going to run late night on saturdays?

I don't agree with their near constant mocking of anything not liberal-progressive. But I still watch in case they ever have moments of self-awareness.

>near constant mocking of anything not liberal-progressive
I think you're living in a little bit of a bubble, because it's not "near constant," even if it's occasionally present and almost always irritating.

It's mostly safe, boring, unfunny comedy imo (without the harder edge and mocking mentality that made early seasons fun to watch or goofy slapstick performances that made mid-era SNL fun).

Why is BestBuy still open despite Amazon always being cheaper and easier?

same shit

republicrats have no humour. its bcuz theyre kukd by money