What will this movie be like?

What will this movie be like?

Like every single other adaptation of this fucking hack's books.

SHIT.

>this fucking hack's books

Look at this pleb and laugh.

Edgy and grimdark

#cormacMcRekt

He's not as highbrow as many illiterates make him out to be. His style emulates Hemingway a little too much imo

>one of the greatest living american author
>hack

just kys
I'm going back to /lit/.

I really enjoy reading, buti can't get into his books. Maybe I'm just a pleb, well I am a pleb, but they're written weird as fuck.

He's alot darker and brutal than Hemingway in my opinion. Enjoyed some of his books but not all. Blood meridian was GOAT though

no country and the road are kino you pleb

He never sleeps, the Judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die.

Cast the Judge. Closest thing I can imagine is Woody Harrelson.

yeah, enjoy the slow circlejerk that is /lit/

Redpill me on blood meridian. Is it good? Should I read it? What's it about?

For reference I loved Dune and Enders Game and thought both movie adaptations were pretty disappointing.

yes it's good. just read it. even if you hate it it's better than reading whatever bullshit is posted here.

Brando in Apocalypse Now was the closest thing to it

I think Ed Harris is how I imagine the Judge to be, but a lot more physically imposing

Still better than capeshit, banememes and drooling over hollywood sluts.

If you can read this without a problem and enjoy it, then I strongly suggest you go for it. Its a great book but definitely not for everyone. McCarthy can be challenging at times.

“A legion of horribles, hundreds in number, half naked or clad in costumes attic or biblical or wardrobed out of a fevered dream with the skins of animals and silk finery and pieces of uniform still tracked with the blood of prior owners, coats of slain dragoons, frogged and braided cavalry jackets, one in a stovepipe hat and one with an umbrella and one in white stockings and a bloodstained wedding veil and some in headgear or cranefeathers or rawhide helmets that bore the horns of bull or buffalo and one in a pigeontailed coat worn backwards and otherwise naked and one in the armor of a Spanish conquistador, the breastplate and pauldrons deeply dented with old blows of mace or sabre done in another country by men whose very bones were dust and many with their braids spliced up with the hair of other beasts until they trailed upon the ground and their horses' ears and tails worked with bits of brightly colored cloth and one whose horse's whole head was painted crimson red and all the horsemen's faces gaudy and grotesque with daubings like a company of mounted clowns, death hilarious, all howling in a barbarous tongue and riding down upon them like a horde from a hell more horrible yet than the brimstone land of Christian reckoning, screeching and yammering and clothed in smoke like those vaporous beings in regions beyond right knowing where the eye wanders and the lip jerks and drools.”

That guy that played Merle on Walking Dead.

Very very edgy.

They should get to it before the gritty grimderp trend is over.

Sounds and looks like Lord Voldemort.

Why is McCarthy such a hack?

NC-17 or utter bullshit

this is a book that has either a grizzly murder or a genocide in every chapter.

they'll probably cast Holden as a black man, too.

Sounds like a 13 year old sperg trying to write the coolest costume for his self-insert anime character.

>lacking this much in literary sense

Sup Forums is a joke board

Has McCarthy never heard of a full stop or something? Shit's so hard to get through when it's one run on sentence.

The king is naked.

You're pathetic.

>grizzly murder or a genocide
usually that's not a factor in NC-17

Vapourware, like half life 3

slightly younger john goodman, shaved and on a strength training regime

M-MUH AVANTGARDE WRITING

IT'S NOT BAD IT'S SPECIAL

There is no shame reading while looking things up on your phone.

I used wikipedia, McCarthy forums, articles, google translate.

Once you realize this...you will be free

Agreed, it will never actually be made bc of the violence and anything less than a vivid close up shot of the snake bit horse would be disappointing

Its probably supposed to oppress your mind like that because all those dudes wouldnt be fun to deal with irl

>it will never actually be made bc of the violence
>this is what delusional edgy /lit/cucks actually believe

This book isn't more violent then your average capeshit flick, stop trying so hard.

>This book isn't more violent then your average capeshit flick

Are you serious?

He's right though.

*Your

what are the most brutal scenes?