Post your favorite shots of all time

Post your favorite shots of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ynh-OCCr7k
youtube.com/watch?v=4LcVQJ4IBtM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The one where Vitti comes to the foreground after the camera had focused on the man is one of the best fucking scenes ever.

Why nobody aped Antonioni's visual style, cinematography, mise-en-scene, I don't understand.

I was a little kid when this came out

something about the sound of war is comfy to me

inb4 edge

I'm going to bootcamp soon

fpbp

because he was a 5/10 2deep4u artsy-fartsy wannabe. If you wanted the real deal, the original 2deep4u artsy-fartsy director, you go to Godard.

that shot really struck me

Pretty shots

What is this kino??

The Nintendo Switch reveal trailer. I'd recognize that qt3.14 anywhere.

the road

One of my favorites
From Barry Lyndon

Funeral Parade of Roses

since you two are here, what the fuck was his problem?

and this would be my favorite shot of the movie

Only kino posted so far

wow I posted the red balloon ironically it's difficult to actually find a shot in that movie with good composition

Literally film school, basic noire lighting.

X824704X
Reminder to not fall for the slant eyed tricks

>26 posts
>no Bill Wilson
Holy fuck what happened to Sup Forums?

post him yourself and stop complaining you cunt.

apply yourself

This shot stood out to me in The Magnificent Ambersons
Welles was absolutely brilliant. I've hated going through his early films and seeing how the studio butchered his characterization and camera work. Othello was flawed, but it's one of the most visually astounding films I've seen.

nice upvote.

That shot from Zerkalo right before the burning barn

>Before Vaporwave took off

This one

That has nothing to do with vaporware as aesthetic. 2084 and Level 5 are >>>>>>>>>>>it

That one scene from the wrestler wheres he's sitting on that small chair looking all childish and shit

That's not vaporwave, besides it was released in 2014.

Thank u chocolate golem

what film?

YAH!

>A fellow Chris Marker fan
Excellent

ITSA ME ITSA ME ITSA ME ITSA ME MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YAY

Better than the 'Hidden Fortress' version

not the best shot of the film, but it just works for me

holy fuck that's cinematic

bait

>all these artsyfartsy 2deep4u hipster shots

I'm serious though? Can you not recognise basic lighting wtf

Pretty great scene all round

Speaks to me on a quantum level

this pic is kinda disturbing

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

we'd take you seriously if the tone of your post didn't sound like a second year film student trying to feel superior

youtube.com/watch?v=2ynh-OCCr7k

Can you explain why how lighting in that citizen kane shot is so KINO then?

>kino
and this is where i stop replying to you

Nothing about Welles is basic. It's like watching a fag who was told about films creating a film without having the knowledge to do it.

This is fantastic

Every shot from this scene. It's all perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=4LcVQJ4IBtM

>I've hated going through his early films and seeing how the studio butchered his characterization and camera work. Othello was flawed, but it's one of the most visually astounding films I've seen.

Have you seen the stuff he shot for his Brazilian documentary/its all true?

Based Tarks

SO deep!

Is it only me that judges the beauty of these shots by their aesthetic value only? In 90% of the cases I couldn't care less about the meaning behind the shot.

X824935X

such low iq shitpost

>their aesthetic value only?
>90% of the cases I couldn't care less about the meaning behind the shot.

then why do you even bother with cinema since you don't care about visual narratives, visual leitmotif, visual cues, visual storytelling?

Just think about how easy it is to just makea generic shot and then put some color grading over it during the editing phase to make it feel more picturesque.

It's pretty easy to make something that's visually appealing with barely any meaning, just look at Refn's flicks.

Refn most definitely incorporates visual storytelling and cues in his films in a meaningful way. It's not all empty "picturesque" scenes.

But it does not salvage him as a director at all

vidyakino

This is really great

Why? It's just a man's back.

>But it does not salvage him as a director at all
Why?
If you think he's a bad writer, that's understandable, but he's a director, not an author.

What flick

Visual story telling to a degree, yes. Not shit like

>now the character is facing 45º to the right to convey his slight misalignment with the other character's beliefs.

Not that easy. Also, as I said above, it depends on the meaning. I usually get more of an emotional reaction when the shot is used to convey the characters emotions without some convoluted meaning behind it.

It's a woman actually

Paris, Texas my dude.

Danm near every scene in this movie looks like a painting.

>>now the character is facing 45º to the right to convey his slight misalignment with the other character's beliefs.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It can be executed poorly or well depending of director. Dreyer did it like a champ. Network TV shows do it lousily.