>Sheev has a lightsaber in the PT

What did Lucas mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DI8kkR9G0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

didn't need it anymore

It's been 30 years. He's not the spry young mischievous gentleman we all knew anymore. He's probably got arthritis.

I wouldn't expect a simpleton like yourself to understand the pottery in Lucas' films.

His confrontation with Mace Window made him realized that all he needed was the overpowered force lightning.

He didn't need it anymore with his unlimited power.

>Sheev has no lightsaber in the OT
Says who? Just cause he didn't use it doesn't mean he didn't have one.

I always thought it was strange how he called it a "Jedi weapon", did George retcon the Sith to also use lightsabers when he go around to the prequels? What makes a lightsaber a Jedi weapon compared to a lightsaber used by the sith?

Maybe he thought Vadoor was a better swordsman than him, and took another route to establishing his dominance. Sheev always was a manipulator first and a fighter second.

It's the different blade color.

When I first saw Jedi it seemed like only Jedi used lightsabers because the emperor called the lightsaber a 'jedi weapon' and Vader used one because he is a dark jedi so I assumed that the emperor was something completely seperate from the jedi and maybe looked down on them or something. Like they were building him to be something so much more powerful than the jedi that the very concept of them is beneath him.

I honestly first assumed that the lightning was just some weird space sorcerer powers and didn't figure it was the force like what the jedi used.

Now everything is weird.

Sheev gave Vader his lightsaber after Vader lost his in Lethal Lava Land

He was a good friend

It's an incognito shitposting thread you dunce.

The emperor being the leader of the Sith and the Sith being evil jedi was a retcon
In the original trilogy the word sith is never spoken and the only mention of it is the description of Vader in the script being "Dark Lord of the Sith".

Why didn't Vader and Palpy train a bunch new Sith during the time they ruled the galaxy?

From my point of view, Star Wars threads are evil

rule of 2 user

Which is the dumbest shit ever

Rule of 2, dude. C'mon now.

Canon explanation?

Sith don't use lightsabers. But they train in them because they want to spite the Jedi and rub it in their faces that they are better at it than they are.

Lightsabers are a symbol of male potency, old guys like him and Yoda couldn't get it up anymore

Lucas ruined a lot of lore with the prequels. Plinkett mentions this a fair amount in his reviews.
>why do the sith have lightsabers?
>why is the jedi outfit a robe? Wasnt obi wan using one as a disguise?
>why are the clone wars so meaningless? They constitute a loss of resourses rather than a loss of life
The list goes on

If there's too many Sith the shitty ones team up against the good ones and kill them. In time it creates reverse Darwinism and the Sith decline.

They keep two, and one is always trying to outsmart and kill the senior one. If they succeed, it's an honour for the betrayed one, because they tutored a superior Sith.

Kotor deserves to be canon over any of the prequel bullshit so the rule of 2 shouldnt be a thing
Also that rule gets broken a number of times anyway

kotor is stupid

Plinkett's reviews are only good the first time you see them. Do a rewatch of the prequels than a rewatch of Plinkett and you realise half the shit he criticises is actually addressed in the films.

When u age ur STR and END stats go down so sheev used his mana to upgrade his force abilities instead specifically lightening and foresight

RLM pls go. He called it that cause in the context LUKE wanted to be a jedi.

That is so incredibly stupid only George could've come up with it.

I really like the type of rivalry between jedi and sith you see in old republic novels and stuff
All of the canon stuff its a struggle for ultimate power or something but that doesnt explore the concepts of the jedi or the sith in a meaningful way, its boring

Rogue 1 fanboy pls go

To his knowledge, he and Vader are the only notable force users in the entire galaxy and he can fuck Vader up in an instant with his lightning. He also has a galactic empire to do his bidding.

You didnt even rebutt any of the examples i gave dumbass

Why does Vader have no lightning skills?

He put all his points into Force Choke.

he has no hand and legs

>planet core

Top heh
Would have destroyed his cybernetics i assume

why do the shitty ones kill the good ones

Because bringing up Plinkett as an argument disregards you from serious discussion

So Rey is a tranny

>really unfogs the ol' nog

Sheev was on a whole other level. Why would you even need a lightsaber and fencing skills when you can channel bolts of lighting through your fingertips? He could probably just snap his fingers and boil Luke's blood if he wanted to.

It's their only chance for P O W E R

If you're maxed out at Sith level 70 and there's another maxed out at Sith level 70, but the boss is level 100, you have to team up with the other Sithlet to take out the boss

No, I think is probably closer to the truth.

Within the context of the OT it seems apparent that Vader used a lightsaber because he was a former Jedi, not merely because the team he switched to just-so-happened to also use them.

No it doesnt, a guy made a giant video essay perfectly illustrating my point- you cant rebutt the examples i gave and disregarding an argument based on 'merit of the source' is fucking retarded

>Did Lucas retcon

Yes. That's how you sell more toys.

Because as a requisite of using the dark side of the force they are jealous and angry at everyone better than them

Yoda could catch Sheev's pathetic lightning with his bare hands

He's just making small talk with Luke. Same as Vader when he checks out it out and goes "I see you have constructed your new lightsaber." Palpatine is just trying to get into his head and be manipulative. He keeps tempting Luke to take it from him.

kek

Was the Emperor just a space wizard then?

I played this game called Silver when I was a kid and it also had an evil emperor dude who hurt people with lightning from his hands, it reminded of SW (Return of the Jedi was the first movie I saw).

SIGH

>why do the sith have lightsabers?
Why wouldn't they?

>why is the jedi outfit a robe? Wasnt obi wan using one as a disguise?
No

>why are the clone wars so meaningless? They constitute a loss of resourses rather than a loss of life
Sheev was playing both sides against each other

ITS A TRAP

>Was the Emperor just a space wizard then?
Seems that way.

It's not a hard contradiction either way, but the Sith all being a bunch of Proto-Vaders felt lazy to me and still does.

Yes. It was never explained who the Emperor was, or how he became so powerful.

Now we can't stop referring to him as SHEEV because his backstory is so hilariously stupid.

If the Sith are just people that explore the dark side of the force it would make sense for a lot of them to be former Jedi turned over who brought their lightsabers. Not that big of a stretch.

An alternate dimension SW where Sith are basically Orc lightning shaman would be interesting though.

Plus although "sith lord" was a thing in the OT treatments and scripts it wasn't a defined or even mentioned concept in the actual movies

Palpatine is old and is like Yoda. They don't need the lightsabers in the OT. It added to the mystery and made you realize that the force was more about intangible power. Yoda was like the good wizard and Palpatine was the evil wizard. They were the masters of the force, not the enforcers. Going back to the republic when Jedi were everywhere, Palpatine was in hiding and without an empire. He had to carry one for protection being surrounded by Jedi. He's all about manipulation and foreseeing the future through the dark side.

>Mara Jade
>Jerec
>Darth Maul came back in CW cartoon
>new dark side guys in Rebels cartoon.

*zap*

*zap*

Sithlet
LMFAO

It does, but as far as narrative goes it gets increasingly less interesting, and it's a conceptual problem made all the more dull by the prequels' aversion to decent characterization. Maul is just a walking stunt, and Dooku is just a vehicle for Dracula to be a cunt with a laser sword. There's nothing there. Given how little is done with them anyway, I would have preferred something different entirely.

I just never really felt we needed the prequels in general. The fact the prequels go about expansion in such a lazy way just makes me even more critical.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DI8kkR9G0Q
>Lets put the two characters who's above a swordfight in one

Prequels sucked but like someone said in another thread at least it served as the foundation for good Expanded Universe things like video games.

>Maul
Most disappointing character, ever. I was so excited for this guy that looked like a demon and had a saberstaff, too bad he basically does nothing.

The only thing the films tell you about the rule of 2, is what the Jedi Council knows about them through the archives. They thought they were wiped out and just going off of what they know.

Palpatine never addresses it. He just only has one apprentice at a time of the three we know about.

None of them, other than Darth Maul are Sith though. Mara Jade was just expanded universe which I don't think Lucas gave a shit about. He wanted the story told through the films leaving a lot of things implied. Even though we learned so much in PT, a lot is left open for a reason.

Yoda pushing Sidious back gets me every single time. Christ.

After you experience Unlimited POWAH, you don't want a lightsaber anymore

>who are the Inquisitors
not real Sith, but they did train people

how is rule of 2 dumb?

rule of 2 is canon, it's addressed explicitly in TCW. and before you start autistically screeching, TCW is canon

>>why do the sith have lightsabers?
>Why wouldn't they?
Because they are pretty useless. Many jedi got killed during order 66. Greevus had four of them and still got killed by Obi-Wan with a blaster. Lightsabers are just space katanas with all the same qualities of deflecting bullets and cutting steel OR they are ceremonial weapons for decapitating the criminals just like Stark's Ice from GoT.

they revived him in the cartoons, but he really should have won the fight in TPM, forced Obi-Wan to retreat

>Sideous
>Maul
>Dooku

That's 3 I count and they were all alive at the same time at one point.

>Many Jedi were killed during Order 66
Yeah getting surprise attacked will fuck you over regardless of your weapon. See: Sheev getting tossed down an elevator shaft.

>Grievous had 4 but got shot
hint: he didn't have his lightsabers with him at the time. would have helped. youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA

>Lightsabers are just space katanas that can deflect bullets and cut through anything
right off the bat that makes them pretty good, but when combined with force sensitivity it makes them really fucking OP.

Dooku wasn't Sheev's apprentice until after Maul died, before then he was just a rogue Jedi fucking around in the Outer Rim

Darksiders are just bad at accounting for elevation differences, Obi Wan won by having the lower ground.

I was always charmed by Luke chosing to pullout his pistol when running around in Cloud City, instead of using his lightsaber.

Why jedi don't inject midichlorians as dope to get stronger?

Those two theories aren't mutually exclusive M night famalon

>Vader tells him that he isn't a Jedi yet
>Luke puts the pistol away, embarrassed

He tells Luke he's unarmed and always refers to it as a Jedi weapon when the Emperor was never a Jedi.

You had better pray to Jesus that Sheev stays unarmed and never uses his lightsabers tbqh famalam

youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

I thought the Death Star was a giant lightsaber. Plus his boy toy Vader plays with one, that he bought him.

>OR they are ceremonial weapons for decapitating the criminals just like Stark's Ice from GoT.

I had a fan fin imperial officer who carried around a ceremonial lightsaber he found in an old battlesite and he would use it to decapitate smugglers and criminals

No, but one has a lot more explanatory power given the awkwardness of it and the many other inconsistencies and odd story decisions the prequels make in relation to the original trilogy.

He literally calls it a "Jedi weapon". Why does he have one?

why would a Sith disregard a valuable tool that could help them achieve power, because of childish notions of not using the weapon of the enemy? do you think the Sith have pride? there is no pride, only unlimited powah and doing literally anything to achieve it.

In the plethora of side media, had Sith ever been shown to use lightsabers before the PT? Vader excluded, obviously.

Why would the dominant Sith accept a system where he will inevitably get murdered?

What if the space bus hits a space tree and they both simultaneously die? Poof, and milennia of knowledge and tradition is gone.

>sword
>in space
>valuable tool

If I had the force, I would pick a projectile weapon over a sword... But the Emperor was so powerful that he didn't even need that.

because the alternative is getting murdered faster
>multiple Sith lords all backstabbing each other in search of having all the power to themselves
>each with multiple apprentices who WILL gang up and kill the master in search of power, and then cannibalize each other
and before you say >n-no they don't have to do that, having that sort of blindingly selfish attitude is a prerequisite to gitting gud at the Dark Side to start with.

So only 1 master, with only 1 apprentice. Doing this ensures that the Sith are guaranteed to get stronger with each successive generation, as the murderous nature of the Sith is now less vulnerable to the weak teaming up to kill the strong without actually getting strong first. And the Sith worship strength.

>if both get killed at once
then the Sith deserve extinction. Such egregious stupidity to be in a situation like that in the first place is weakness that the Sith Order will not tolerate.

so you're just a shitposter? the movies themselves make it abundantly clear why a Lightsaber is a handy thing to carry around if you've got the force sensitivity to take proper advantage of its' strengths

> flashlight
> makes noise

Its great in a emergency.

there's a lot of shit in the SW universe that blasters won't touch but lightsabers cut through no problem. it's also a good defensive weapon

Since Anakin saw Mace Windu deflect lightning back at Sheev wouldn't that have been useful info when he whipped it out?

Seriously, why the FUCK did he say that?

Have you ever been so ecstatic with joy that you couldn't control yourself? Sheev has.

needed both hands to throw him down the shaft, I guess

MAul was still alive when he took on Dooku. and Dooko had an aprentice himself when Sheev was his master. Clone Wars are canon too and had a blessing by Lucas, and it makes the rule of two even more dumb

They did but those Sith kept doing this stupid helicopter move so they scraped the idea.

but Sheev forced Dooku to try to kill his apprentice the moment she got too powerful