Is pic related true or false, Sup Forums?

Is pic related true or false, Sup Forums?

Do you feel bad about downloading your kino?

Do you always pay for you kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg
theguardian.com/technology/2014/may/06/piracy-film-music-study-pay-illegal-download-damage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Jews don't need more money, but I need more movies. It's that simple.

>region locks
>region delayed releases
>region variable prices
>unskipable trailers
>unreasonably high prices for physical copies
>unreasonably high prices for digital rental
Piracy is just convenience.
Once these problems are solved piracy will decline

I feel bad when download music sometimes if it's a small band that needs the money. But for movies made by millionaire jews I don't give a fuck.

>Is pic related true or false, Sup Forums?
Piracy is loss of theoretical revenue. and not even that if someone never intended to buy a retail copy.

>Do you feel bad about downloading your kino?
no. I've spent enough money on media in the past I feel absolved of any guilt.

>Do you always pay for you kino?
I would only pay for physical media now if it's books or rare VHS movies that can't be found on the internet.

>make mediocre things
>people make copies of them because they are aren't worth paying for and its feasible
>lose something you would've never had in the first place

Crom laughs at non-piracy

No.

Most of the people who use piracy were never going to see the movie in the first place.

Most people who do, do so because they enjoy the experience of going out to see it.

It's been proven that piracy is a non-issue in gaming for instance, they have now got almost unbreakable protection on new games and game sales are far lower than ones that did not have this technology across the board.

This greedy fuckers always assume that number of pirated games/movies/programs = number of sales they would have made otherwise. Like as if The New Game was pirated say 1000 times suddenly = 60000$ stolen. Except they never had those 60000$, so how the fuck could they be stolen? And if piracy is theft does it makes me a thief if that fucker from upstairs decides to blast his music loud and i'm forced to hear music i did not payed for?

>/Thread

It's worse than theft, it's slavery. By stealing intellectual property you are retroactively enslaving the producers of that property for a portion of their labor.

If piracy is good then it should be allowed. But we know the consequences of such a policy. No producer of intellectual property would ever produce anything.

>Most of the people who use piracy were never going to see the movie in the first place
This is the stupidest excuse ever.

>I was never going to see the movie!
>Sees the movie

If media has value, charitable people will always reward its creator in some form. usually monetary. since most modern media lacks value, people are obligated to find other means of accessing it.

It's hilarious watching people try to justify their crimes.

Just accept that what you are doing is wrong and do it anyway.

It's always the same arguments
>It's too expensive therefore I am entitled to it for free!
>I wouldn't buy this, but I want it, therefore I am entitled to it for free

>Is pic related true or false, Sup Forums?

It's true.

>Do you feel bad about downloading your kino?

Yes.

>Do you always pay for you kino?

No. ;_;

yes I would download a car

this comic must be pro-piracy

>This is the stupidest excuse ever.
I wanted to play Just Cause 3 but they put denuvo on it so i couldn't pirrate it nd the only way to play it was to pay for it. Well guess what - i think that game wasn't that interesting to cost 60 bucks so i never played it.

How hard is it to understand that physically stealing a $60 video game from someone is economically equivalent to virtually stealing the same game? At the end of the day, you have the video game and the seller is out a potential $60. You've robbed the virtual seller as much as you've robbed the physical seller.

If it doesn't have value why do you want it?

>Ughh this movie is shit why should I pay for it?!
>I still want to watch it though lol

If he hires the man with cloning powers he can make way more than $79.

youtube.com/watch?v=ALZZx1xmAzg

copying != stealing

Oh cut the bullshit. People are not going to willingly donate the tens of millions of dollars necessary to produce feature films.

Is this really a crime in America? I mean, here in my country no ones gives a damn fuck, at all

>Using internet your parents pay for to commit a crime because you can't afford a twelve dollar movie ticket.

And this is how it should be.

If you want something, you pay for it.
Or you pirate it, and deal with the fact that pirating is wrong.

Coming up with stupid excuses like
>Hurrr I wouldn't pay for it so I should have it for free!
is just a retards way of making themselves feel less guilty about what they are doing.

>Just accept what you're doing is wrong

No point, just do it and don't worry about whether it's right or wrong.
Literally no need to burden yourself with guilt over something like that.

Actors and the poor underappreciated grip will always get paid. It'd the jew overlords that miss out on a few shekels.

>robbed a potential
Nigga, nt the same thing. If you steal physical copy the person loses it. But guess fucking what, digital copys are infinite in number and those who would buy it can do that no matter how many shit i pirate.

when hollywood and game devs stop churning out soulless rehashes and lackluster filler they will earn my money. You're enabling them.

Also an acceptable response.

The only thing I can't stand are people trying to bullshit their way into being morally right for pirating.

>good enough to want to watch
>not good enough to be worth $20

>if I can get it for free, I'll watch it
>if I have to pay $20, I won't feel like I'm missing out by skipping it

It's that fucking simple.

>All this soulless shit they keep churning out
>I still want it lol
Keep telling yourself that you don't actually want these things, while being a mindless consumer consuming the shit they keep putting in front of you.

>stealing will produce better quality products

This is what the average piratecuck actually believes.

Just get a fucking job

Im not better than the jews but at least Im not worse, so if I end in jail for stealing I hope they end in it too

>I don't think this car is worth $10,000
>I am entitled to have it for free!

its called ennui buyfag. go google it.

>is just a retards way of making themselves feel less guilty about what they are doing.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!1
Did you just assumed that i give a fuck?
Also, the Witcher 3, best selling game of the last 2(?) years, game that made huge ass ton of money for devs had no pirate protection at all.

>physical object =/= digital media

>if I end in jail for stealing I hope they end in it too
You know they won't.

Lmfaoo why do you cucks feel bad about piracy? Just do it and enjoy the product, have a projector movie night with friends at the comfyplace of your outdoor gazebo with dominos and shit. Like god damn I've never felt bad or even thought about it , live your life guys.

>I stole something from you
>But you will never notice its gone
>and you can still use it yourself

criminal mastermind at work

I never said I'm *entitled* to seeing the movie for free. You're putting words in my mouth. But since seeing the movie for free IS an option I'll definitely take advantage of it in those cases. I still go to the theaters for movies I really want to see, but movies I'm on the fence about and don't want to pay money for CAN be pirated, so I will. If a movie like that can't be pirated, I literally just don't see it because it's not worth actual money to me.

Basically, if piracy didn't exist I'd just watch a lot less movies. Proof: Before I learned how to torrent I DID watch a lot less movies.

>copy a movie = movie is there twice
>steal a car = owner loses the car
OP is a faggot

What does it matter how many copies exist? You've still violated the property of the seller. Again- at the end of the day, the seller is out some money and you are the one with the product. If this same scenario were to happen in the physical world, everyone would clearly identify it as theft.

You look only at the electricity required to store a virtual item as the sole measure of a virtual item's value. But you're ignoring the tens of thousands of hours that had to go into producing the item. A virtual copy is not "free." Data does not arrange itself. It takes a huge amount of financial investment to produce the final product you enjoy.

>I have a product to sell
>You steal a copy of it
>I can no longer sell that product to you

And that kids why Star Trek replicators won't bring the era of post scarcity. Because jews would called it piracy.

I only pirate stuff if I see the actors talking like "liberal" dickheads on the internet or something. So I never pirate Mel Gibson, but Jesus do I have fun with Marvel.

>implying Hollywood is making less money since the dawn of pirating

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE FOR PIRATES, IT'S FREE. YOU ARE A PIRATE!

10/10 bait, OP, you definitely triggered me.

PIRACY (violent robbery on the high seas)
=/=
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (the use of works protected by copyright law without permission)
=/=
THEFT (depriving someone of their property)

I'm not a native English speaker, yet even to me it's COMPLETELY TRIVIAL to distinguish these largely disjunct concepts.

The US Supreme Court says "NO" as well.
>interference with copyright does not easily equate with theft, conversion, or fraud. The infringer of a copyright does not assume physical control over the copyright nor wholly deprive its owner of its use. Infringement implicates a more complex set of property interests than does run-of-the-mill theft, conversion, or fraud. Pp. 214-218.

>Decide to sell car
>You come along and say you want the car
>On your way to the bank a guy offers you my car for free
>You get my car for free and I lose out on the sale of the car
It's not that hard to understand.

I was never going to buy it anyway so nothing is still lost. fuck theaters.

Release new stuff digitally. Let me watch it from home and pause when I need to piss. That's worth $20.

>implying I have to buy it from you
Planned economy much?

>the seller is out some money
Fucking again - he never had those money in the first place.
>If this same scenario were to happen in the physical world
But it's not, how can you not understand it?

>Piracy
>Piracy
>piracy
>piracy
>piracy
is not copyright infringement.

>you still got the car
>implying it's my obligation to buy stuff from you

>I wasn't going to buy it
>I still want it and therefore am entitled to having it for free
Grow up, kid.

If I am the only person selling it, then yes, you have to buy it from me.

>Fucking again - he never had those money in the first place

And neither did the physical seller. What's your point? Every transaction is a potential transaction until the transaction actually occurs, you stupid mong. Both the physical robber and the virtual robber are stealing a potential sale.

Only if I have the will and the means to buy it.

If I am the only person selling the thing that you want then you are obligated to buy it from me, you fucknugget.

>retards still think bunch of 1s and 0s can subject to copyright law
>retards dont even know what copyright law is and still get buthurt over it

>>I was never going to see the movie!
>>Sees the movie

Taking cost into account...he's right.

>everyone has to BUY MY PRODUCT
>its a little boring, subpar, and overdone but you must pay for it, because I put time and money into making it so that you would have to pay for it

If they don't buy it from you, they're violating patent or copyright law, which is not the same as theft.
Note that this does not imply any sort of moral judgement.

You just buy anything you want on a whim, even if it doesn't suit your needs or wants? That's childish. Be responsible with your money.

>want
=/= need you greedy bastard
>virtual robber are stealing a potential sale
Dude you can't buy that game on steam. Why? because someone made a digitl copy of it.

>muh jews

>its a little boring, subpar, and overdone
>Still watches it and feels entitled to watching it for free

I just don't care either way if it's right or wrong. I'm still going to do it.

>implying people who pirate spend less money on media than people who don't
theguardian.com/technology/2014/may/06/piracy-film-music-study-pay-illegal-download-damage

No one is forcing to buy anything user. All that we're saying is that when you do choose to buy something you act like a civilized human being and not take the seller's property and run.

>even if it doesn't suit your needs or wants?
So you are pirating shit you don't want, or need?

Why? Tha

>lose the argument
>talk about entitlement for no reason
top reasoning bro

I already said I'm happy to pay for entertainment. It's the theater that makes me not want it.

Nigga, I have no remorse.

No, you DO care whether its right or wrong. Humans are moral creatures who are compelled to morally justify almost everything they do.

You think that its right (otherwise you wouldn't do it), you're just too lazy to defend your position.

No.
It is a lost opportunity. Any illegal commerce shows that there is market for it and is necessary someone smart enough to exploit.

Is it piracy to download a movie you already payed to see?

>Is it piracy to download a movie you already payed to see?
Piracy is violently attacking ships on the high seas.

You're thinking of copyright infringement.

>pleb shit + imdb-core
get a taste

>you can only watch things you think you'll enjoy
>you must pay for them even though there's free copies

I pirate just because at the end of the day I got the best of both worlds: my bank account didn't dip a cent and I got to enjoy the media. I never intend to become a director or musician, so I don't give a fuck. Also, does it make me feel good that I didn't contribute to some Hollywood execs third summer home in Europe: 100 fucking per cent. Be a good goy: he and his Tiffany's-wearing wife are laughing their asses off at you.

>paying for the electric jew

ill have my propaganda free of charge thank you very much

I can tell you're salty.

>I've spent enough money on media in the past I feel absolved of any guilt.

I'd love to see you go to Best Buy, steal a few bluray boxsets and then say those exact words when security stops you

it's all shit

I laugh at all the tards paying for electronic excrement

>you can only watch things you think you'll enjoy
What kind of retard watches things they don't think theyll enjoy?

>This looks utter shit and not at all the kind of thing I enjoy
>I'll watch it anyway

>I pirate
No, you don't.
You infringe on copyright laws.
You never set foot on a pirate ship.

I just downloaded a car the other day. 3d printed it. Shit was sooo cash! Now your mom is giving me road head.

>not downloading the euro cut of Dawn of the Dead
>King Arthur
>Miami Vice
>having shows in the same folder
>thinking this is a lot
your newfag is showing

That's what it comes down to.

All these idiots trying to justify their crime feel like they are entitled to free shit for one reason or another.

Just pirate things if you want them. Don't try to bullshit your way around why it is the right thing to do.

>not luring ships onto the rocks on stormy nights to plunder their cargo and slay their crew

kek its 2017 niggas

>What kind of retard watches things they don't think theyll enjoy?
People who watches Citizen Kane.