MGMT

What do you guys think about the new MGMT album? Haven't listened to it yet

wtf why has Sup Forums been ignoring this jem

It's pretty good, you should check it out

It's pretty groovy and I like the darker themes. Worth the listen.

The only reason we never worked out was...

just listened to the first 2 tacks, it's awesome so far

little dark age and tslamp are personally my favorite songs from the album

Better than self titled worse than Congratulations. The lyrics are a lacking but there are a few good lines.

8.5/10 imo

must be the most shilled album in ages.
their marketing budget must have been immence.

the album sounds like it was made by a marketing department.

and as such lacks any depth or understanding of aesthetics that were used.

good record fun listen would recommend

Are you retarded? I haven’t seen any promo of this album outside of the internet. For being on a major label it seems like Columbia doesn’t give a shit about them. And for here it was mostly a meme to yellowpost.

HE did'nt WOrk ouT

the doodoo eaters opinion

Great sense of humor without sacrificing musicality. Ties with Congratulations for me, and sits well above Oracular Spectacular.

You knOw I nEver WoRk ouT

ME AND MICHAEL

Terrifying

do you really think marketing happens somewhere else than the internet these days?!

nice argument.
are you 6 years old?

big boy already in the internet.

Tv. Billboards. But he was implying the album was shilled here unironically when it was just a meme and not major label interns posting here

Do you listen to MGMT? Their early work was a little too 'Indietronica' for my taste, but when 'Congratulations' came out in 2010, I think they really came into their own - both commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of Psychedelia meshed in with the better half of their contemporaries. They've been compared to Animal Collective but I think MGMT has a far more playful, sarcastic sense of humour. In 2018, MGMT released this, Little Dark Age, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is She Works Out Too Much', a song so catchy most people probably don't listen to the lyrics - but they should! Because it's not just about working out, it's about the myopic trends of social media acclimating to your own personal downfall.

I mean the radio is still pretty popular, or at least in my area. Have yet to hear any of their tracks on the modern rock station. Was confident LDA would have been played during Halloween at the very least but wasn't.

>tinfoil retard calling other people 6 year olds
lmao

It’s because Columbia fucked up the marketing. It was perfect for a fall release and was finished in early summer of 2016. No idea why it was pushed out late for a winter release other than incompetence.

Is Columbia doing what Nickelodeon did to LoK?

This guy is in every thread saying shill he is a diagnosed schizophrenic

>ME AND MICHAEL

are these guys fags ?

Is friendship gay?

She Works Out Too Much 7/10
Little Dark Age 9/10
When You Die 10/10
Me and Michael 5/10
TSLAMP 7/10
James 4/10
Days That Got Away 4/10
One Thing Left to Try 6/10
When You're Small 5/10
Hand It Over 7/10

all in all
6,4/10
its pretty good

Congratulations > Oracular Spectacular > Little Dark Age > MGMT

check'd.
I have a really hard time rating their albums like this.
I think right now it's
Congratulations > MGMT > Little Dark Age > Oracular Spectacular
But that doesn't feel right still.

Honestly I think it's pretty boring to listen too and I like MGMT.

I checked it out about a week ago just out of curiosity due to the massive shilling. It's actually really solid. The title track is the highlight in my opinion. 8/10

At first I hated it, but now I like it

>rating One Thing Left To Try that low
It took a few listens to grow on me, but come on

FEAR IS HIS NAME BUT HIS FRIENDS STILL CALL HIM GOD

I couldnt stand listening to the first track all the way through desu so I didnt give it another shot... idk man what am I missing it was bad...

bump