Inuit Diet

How are Eskimos able to achieve a nutritious, balanced diet by eating virtually nothing but meat? You would think they'd be riddled with disease and health problems but for the most part they seem to be healthy and vigorous people.

What's their secret /ck/?

those are not inuits

Woops, wrong board but I guess Sup Forums will do.

they eat the entire animal, lots of vitamins stored in liver
they also eat digested plant matter found in stomachs

those are Finns

*sips from blood stained teacup*

You were lied to, it's processed foods and sugars that are bad for you, not meat or natural fats. Don't forget that they eat a very large amount of blubber too but heart disease is almost non-existent among them.

I have a friend who teaches in Nunavut. He said the students had an outdoor adventure day where the classes went outside and the students just got to play and explore. When they arrived someone put an entire raw caribou carcass out on the snow and jammed a large knife in it. Throughout the day as students got hungry they would just walk over, cut off a chunk of raw caribou, and eat.

even abos manged to invent fire

Mate they don't eat veggies, how do they do die of scurvy?

what is in the blood stained teacup?

Blood

shroom laced reindeerpiss with blood

raw meat and fish has vitamin c
raw beluga skin has quite a lot of vitamin c

Not all of them and eskimos have fire, they just like raw meat, though their favourite is fermented walrus called Igunaq. They turn him right side out, sew him up like a bag, bury him, and let it all rot and ferment for around 6 months. Then eat it raw. It only kills them from botulism very rarely.

Those are nenets op

gross, why do northern people ike rotten meat so bad
you all suck

>raw meat and fish has vitamin c
Land animals really don't and only some fish species have it and we are talking like under 10mg per serving. IIRC they eat berries which have vitamin C.

>gross, why do northern people ike rotten meat so bad
>you all suck
Because it's rare for meat in a frozen country to rot. There is a reason most spicy food is from the equator. The spices were added to cover up the rotting taste as vegetables and meat dont last long without refrigeration and only certain things could be harvested daily.

>teacup
Thats a blood cup friend

bad meme, no spice can hide the taste of rotten meat ffs
also what do you mean near the equator?surely you mean the mediteranean? where in the equator were there cattle for food? food in med climate doesnt rot, they also preserved it with underground chambers that kept a cool room temperature, or with salt, or drying, or chilis in mexico

I dint know
I have old parents. So i only ate fish/sheep/whale/ birds with potatoes when i grew up. Im alright. Before potatoes came people also survived.
So I guess only eating meat isn't so bad.

Though, greenlanders eat it raw right when they kill the animal, blood still running. they are fucked up.