Is it just me or is everything that originates from Netflix overhyped and overrated mediocrity assembled by algorithm?

Is it just me or is everything that originates from Netflix overhyped and overrated mediocrity assembled by algorithm?

Luke Cage is complete crap.

they have produced nothing but trash in recent months

> recent months

Yes and yes
The only good netflix originals are bojack, f is for family, master of none and MAYBE stranger things

Oh and house of cards

>they have produced nothing but trash in recent years

poorly meme'd

Whoa, that's a lot of buzzwords.

All their dramas are like that, but there's other stuff that's good. Terrace House was one of my favorite shows last year.

Don't worry netflix just announced that they're going to double the ammount of original programming this year.
Honestly i don't think I've watched any of the Netflix series besides maybe trailer park boys.

Trailer Park Boys isn't even "Netflix original", it aired on national television in Canada for years.

The newer stuff for sure is, but for 7 seasons and most of the movies, it was not.

And everything that was something before Netflix stands head and shoulders above Netflix Originals.

Exactly.

Stranger Things and Travelers are the only good things, and Travelers isn't even a Netflix original

Welcome to pretend-age tv

dont have to have quality writing like the sopranos or mad men, just make it LOOK like you have and normies will eat it up

prime example is house of cards

Something about Netflix orignals just doesn't grab me like it seems to a lot of people. I guess I prefer films and most of their shit is TV but the series that I've watched just make me give up half way through.

>put something on my list to watch later
>go to watch
>it's been removed
Fucking stop this shit Netflix. Every fucking time. It's like they have a team dedicated to monitoring my activity and deleting anything I show an interest in. I'm afraid to put things on my list anymore.

Stranger Things is good

Funny, the exact oposite happens to me, I search for something I want to watch, it isn't there, so I torrent it.
A week later it is on the front page.

Bojack Horseman
Stranger Things

yeah thats all I can think of really but at least its something

Do me a favor and torrent all of Psych, will you?

Trollhunters has been surprisingly good OP

Sure thing famalam.

>Is it just me
It is just you. You must have watched something retarded like HeeHaw to tip off the netflix suggestion algorithm that you don't have patrician taste and now you're stuck watching shit like Santa Paws 2.

What the fuck are you talking about? Bojack is the worse of them all.

Stranger things is good, but still on the first season, they will fuck it up somehow

No love for Marco Polo?

Narcos was great

i think that's their strategy
you have content enough for your one-month trial and then you end up paying the subscription to find out there's nothing more to watch

I think its 50/50, they have some absolute garbage and some good shit.

Stranger Things is the best thing they've done. Also I feel like Making a Murderer sort of started the trend of multi-episode crime documentaries.

But I agree, everything else feels cheap. That's why I was shocked to see the Crown win at the Golden Globes. I guess if you have an awards-bait idea and throw enough money at it, it can't fail.

Thats actually a perfect description, and probably why I've never been able to enjoy any of the shit it produces

What about the new Black Mirror?

Not as good as the original stuff, but I still liked most of the episodes. Holy shit that soldiers one was fucking awful, though.

Well it definitely wasn't as fresh and original as the first two seasons, but I wouldn't call it
>overhyped and overrated mediocrity assembled by algorithm

Kimmy Schmidt surprised the hell out of me.
I did not expect this to be anywhere close to funny, but Tina Fey is one of the few funny female writers out.

>assembled by algorithm

yes i love this way of describing it

I cancelled it once I realized I wasnt a variable in the algorithm

Marco Polo was trash from the beginning

What makes a show good or bad? Like what are the exact criteria and how do Netflix shows fail to reach it?

>he liked Master of None
Jump off a bridge

PLEASE DEFINE GOOD AND BAD DONT JUST LIST SHIT OFF AND CALL IT BAD EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING FAGGOT I NEED ABSOLUTES

Black Mirror is one of those shows that has been overhyped by the Internet, but I agree that OP is being dramatic.

Fuck off, Netflix-robot. No matter how much they improve your artificial intelligence, a computer can never appreciate art

It panders to liberal viewers, meaning the show implies they are not complete imbeciles = show is shit

Did you not like it because it didn't align with your political views or because you didn't think it was funny?

What is actually good on Netflix? I've watched:

Glitch (found it interesting)
Stranger things
The Get Down
Recent Gilmore Girls

Currently watching Power but nothing else looks interesting.

>i watch my entertainment through an ideological lens

House of Cards for the first two seasons was great as Frank maneuvered his way to become President.

Hemlock Grove is good Twilight-lite, especially to watch sexy as fuck Famke Janssen incestuously toying with that Skarsgård boy that plays her son. I also like how they used more Slavic style supernatural stuff. Romani Werewolves, Upirs, Vargulfs, Omul Negru, Witches, etc.

Marco Polo was just great historical fiction. People who bitched about how bland Marco was as the protagonist just missed the point. He's supposed to be the viewer's self-insert to take in the court of Kublai Khan and the Mongolians. Real shame this didn't get renewed, it was probably their best original programming.

Orange is the New Black is shockingly watchable if you can grit your teeth through the SJW spiels they'll pepper in every third episode or so. Outside Oz, we haven't really gotten many prison dramas and even if the stakes couldn't conceivably be lower than a women's minimum security, there's a reason prison dramas sell.

Daredevil was great for both seasons. Sure, the titular character's storyline was weaker season 2, but you'd be hard pressed calling it a weaker season altogether given how Jon "m'ask you sumpin?" Bernthal stole the show as Punisher and earned his own Netflix spinoff series.

Y'know, come to think of it, I liked most of Netflix's original programming. The only things I've seen and DIDN'T like were Haters Back Off! and some of their movies:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny - why was it in English if the original wasn't?
The Ridiculous 6 - but it was Adam Sandler after he quit trying, so who's really surprised there?
Tallulah - I watched it because Ellen Page shows her tits, but since that was only a minute in, I should've stopped there.

Oh! And I'm super grateful that they picked up Longmire and have kept it going for the past three seasons. I also heard they're helping produce the next season of the Last Kingdom, so there's that too.

are we talking about movies or your life?

*sniff* Ideology is unavoidable in entertainment *sniff* you can ignore it but it will still be there.

Longmire is pure western kino. Shame we don't get more modern westerns. But for that brief time both this and Justified were on the air simultaneously? Phew!

Mostly because I didn't think it was funny. It was like bad, watered-down Judd Apatow, and I've gotten sick of Judd Apatow's style anyway. There was never a real joke, visual gag, or setpiece that I can remember, nothing that made me laugh, just a bunch of overgrown twee hipsters engaging in lighthearted banter about other, better shows & movies. They even managed to make Eric Wareheim unfunny, and that guy can usually get a laugh just with his physical presence & facial expressions.

As for the politics - I thought they handled the whole "diversity in entertainment" issue pretty well with that one episode. That was actually one of the high points of the series for me. Still not funny, but it worked as "commentary" and it kinda worked as drama too. The "feminism" episode did annoy me, not because I hate feminism, but because the girlfriend-character was insufferable and the message basically boiled down to "You have to agree with everything I say and let me win every argument, or you don't get any pussy." That's not feminism, that's just a spoiled white bitch

House of Cards is good imo

>you ever been tired, red?

turboplebs

literally kys you rick and morty watching plebbit faggot

I havent seen House of Cards, but Bloodline, Stranger Things, and The Fall are pure kino. That alone was worth it. That, and the Adam Sandler movie with David Spade was sort of comfy. Netflix is a better value than HBO desu, considering HBO has far fewer shows.

>Bloodline
You must be a special kind of pleb-in-patrician's-clothing if you managed to trick yourself into thinking that show was good. Great cast, but everything about it was empty, cliched, predictable, and just plain dull.

netflix is complete pleb trash

For the most part yes. Netfllix stopped being Nu-HBO a couple years ago and just started slapping Netflix Original ™ on anything to flood the site and make it look like they have content. Their standards have bottomed in the past year and will only get worse

Love and Wet Hot American Summer are the two most underrated originals. Neither are amazing but I feel they got lost somewhere, I can't say why

Really? It thought every Rayburn was very fleshed out, nuanced, and well-acted. For the first season, you know where everything is headed ultimately but you don't know how it happens. I think you're being contrarian because everyone who has seen the show loves it, but you don't like being told you're a pleb for only watching the Marvel shows so you lash out and call them posers. Fuck you nigger. Bloodline is amazing. You're probably Kevin Rayburn IRL, a colossal fuckup and a burden to your family and friends(?).

Agree.

Stranger Things was good by god DAMN is is over hyped.

Netflix has yet to reach the quality of TV that we see/saw on HBO, AMC, FX, etc.

Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City. It's a Japanese reality show with a basic people live in a house premise. It's way better than other shows like it I've seen though, because they aren't awful people who throw tantrums to get famous. They just kinda chill, go about their lives, and form relationships. There are arguments every once in a while, but they solve them like adults instead of with screaming matches and fist fights. Also they have a panel of actors and comedians that are watching the same thing as the audience and come in twice an episode to comment on everything which is fun.

imo Stranger Things is the closest thing they have to a "great" show. House of Cards is so derivative and one note, Bojack is too smug, and OITNB went downhill immediately after the first season when it started to take itself too seriously. Everything else is pretty good at best.

Speaking of Japanese, Hibana Spark is a Jap Netflix show about two guys doing Manzai comedy. Very naturalistic low key stuff. I only saw a few but it was worth recommending.

Yeah, they have a few great Japanese shows on there that they've licensed. I also love Midnight Diner, which is an anthology about people who come to a diner that's only open from midnight-6; with a focus on the food being made by the advice giving proprietor. I also hear Atelier is good.

>tfw I am just a younger version of Kevin Rayburn

>Hemlock Grove is good
glad I didn't have to read the rest of that long-ass post

This was like Strangers with Candy meets Pee Wee Herman. Kinda neat. Most of their stuff is background noise though.

3% is a good 'dystopian' sci fi show with a bunch of top tier brazilian qts
Lady dynamite is a great sitcom with extreme surrelistic elements and superb analyzations of mental illness

Are you guys just watching the wrong shows?

>he thinks he's above ideology
You're living in the trashcan my man.

I couldn't get into it because the lead is so fucking bad at acting and her character is too cartoonishly selfish to be believable.

I loved: Stranger Things
Liked: season 1 of oitnb, Bojack Horseman and Jessica Jones

So I disagree my dude. Getting me to care about anything tangentially related to capeshit is not easy.

I really enjoyed Narcos too
I also like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Stranger Things

What didn't you like about season 2 or oitnb? It was alright even though the villain of the season was kind of dumb. Season 3 was a less good, but the 4th one is nice.

OP here. Black Mirror did not originate from Netflix.

Someone got triggered.