Atlanta United

What went right?

Early and prolific advertising
Choosing Red, Black, and Gold, the Patrician's choice for Georgia sports
Braves leaving the city with a big ole Fuck You leaving a vacuum for summer sportsball
Braves also blow ass so it's a double Fuck You
Arthur Blank's Limitless Checkbook and the NFL-level facilities he has accrued
Hiring coaches way out of our league
Signing talent that is young and upcoming, not old and past prime like previous shit-ass MLS franchises

The rest of the league is basically trash when you look at how this franchise and a select few are run, an American Super League is imminent

Lots of talented South Americans.

That's the best talent pool for MLS.

Which of their leagues even pay better? Any?

>Atlanta United
>United

wow, how contrived, why are american footy fans so fucking cringe. sad.

advertising + huge metro area + Almiron

Maybe he'll diva out if a good European side want him but he's so far ahead of normal MLS players that normies who don't care can see him and know he's a star. Very few of the old man DPs have that effect

I have no idea.

But I'm sure MLS is a great choice for any player down there who's not top-tier.

You also have to consider the players as human, lots of them love the idea of living in the USA and bringing their family here to live as well.

literally nothing
cucked into using an NFL stadium fresh after being built, plastic fanbase surprisingly eager to LARP as hipsters, meme players

they're basically Seattle 2.0. I'm just waiting for "FIGHT AND WIN" Atlanta Edition

>BTFO's out 2 teams who have red white and blue as their team color near the anniversary of 9/11

What did Atlanta mean by this?

>Apelanta
Nothing.

I'm pumped for Atlanta. Would love to get fucking trashed and go to one of their games.

>manchester united
>theres 2 more manchester teams

This name actually has meaning. Atlanta's is historically known known in the South as the city that's "too busy to hate".

"United" is an ode to its history racial unity.

Besides, your shitty team names like "Pumas", "Tigres", and "Dorados" are really lame.

Get a load of this plebbitor customer lads
Kek

>This name actually has meaning. Atlanta's is historically known known in the South as the city that's "too busy to hate".
>"United" is an ode to its history racial unity.
You're insane if you think it's not based on Manchester United

Nah, if americans gave name to their Football teams without basing in european teams, the club name would be something like "Atlanta Thundercats".

>mlels r*dditors are this delusional
lol

Holy fuck. I used to think being a Canadian soccer fan was embarrassing but at least we don't try to pretend we aren't shit.

It's worse than you imagine. The full name is Atlanta United FC. What were they thinking?

>being dense enough to fall for this clear bait

scrapping le monkeybacks

>clear bait
Go to their mls general and you'll quickly see that the majority of them are actually serious

Go fuck your cousin

Actual fatlantan here. He's right. In fact, the name was picked based on polls and supporter events. If you knew the first fucking thing about this city, you'd know that the whole "unity" thing is a huge part of the culture.

But here I am, responding to a leaf.

Most folks in the /mls/ thread hate the name too

Living up to plasticity.

The sad part is these """people""" actually think they are revolutionizing the sports world like they're Bernouts or Corbynistas. I bartend an MLS's team primary hangout, they're mouthbreathers for the most part.

They're worse than Seattle to me. Literally brag about how other sports are dying like its their daily life and think they're all cool and shit for mocking people, but in reality, are perma nerd virgins beneath their sad selves.

You have to go back.

They better not win MLE Cup. They were 80-1 at the start of the season and i was too cheap to bet on them. Crazy considering how stacked their team is

Almiron is rly good

Do you think ATL could take on the best Mexican teams?

to be fair "Atlanta United" as a united Atlanta makes more sense than choosing a totem animal which doesn't even exist in North America

Yeah