In 2018 is it possible to have a post ironic argument that Nickelback is an amazing band...

In 2018 is it possible to have a post ironic argument that Nickelback is an amazing band? Their old stuff actually aged very well & new stuff like Bottoms Up or Lullaby are anthemic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y96WY5Do_bs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Call me a soyboy or whatever but All the Right Reasons is unironically an 8/10.

The fuck has happened to Sup Forums

Delete this.

you're mom gay

pretty good troll or ultimate enlightenment?

Yeah, Lullaby is a really good song

Could have been a 10/10 if released by other band

they deserve more respect

you're momma gay

kys

Another good thread ruined by fagtano.

niccelbkacc nigga

heyyyy

i wanna bea rockstar

They're really not that bad, but they're not good and definitely not close to what you're trying to paint them up to be.

They're definitely not amazing but they're nowhere near as bad as it is popular to claim.

horrible band

>good thread

Nickelback has never been better than 6/10. They've had moments in their career where they were tolerable. When that song Never Again was out on radio for example. That was alright. When they had Rockstar out that was like their lowest moment, 3/10 grade or worse.

They're not the horrendously awful band they are made out to be. There are bands that truly deserve that credit. Looking at you Hinder and Buckcherry. But they've never been anything more than mediocre either.

>Hinder
For some reason I thought of them out of the blue about a month ago and had a shiver. I loathed that song "Lips of An Angel" that got heavy rotation (at least here in Canada) about ten years ago. "Get Stoned" was also total shit.

Back in those days the local pop station where I lived didn't have a competitor. They outright refused to play 90% of the rap stuff that made it onto the top 40 chart. They went super heavy on the Nickelback type stuff to compensate for it. Lips of An Angel was one of those songs they played over and over and over... I developed a very passionate hatred of that band.

Rockstar is a good song

It's a good commentary on how the average person wants to live the Rockstar life, but overglamourizes it and forgets the problems such destructive lifestyle brings, if not lived carefully

I would appear gladly in the video if they asked me

this would unironically make an amazing reggae cover

youtube.com/watch?v=Y96WY5Do_bs

I went through the hating nickelback phase when I was younger, early teens. Of course my reasoning was they are boring garbage corporate pop rock music. Heavy heavy emphasis on corporate. But as you grow older you realize basically every band you know is corporate. And then I realized hating them was a meme. And then I listened to some of the older radio hits and I was enjoying them. Someday and how you remind me especially. Photograph too. Then I learned that you appreciate them for what they are/were, and that those songs are good as nostalgia trips. Excellently produced as well. Just good pop songs.

I'd agree with the other user. Hinder was way fucking worse. As well as Shinedown. My personal hated band that has not gone away is Theory of a Deadman, and then I still enjoy I hate my life.

>Heavy heavy emphasis on corporate
Why were you an edgy teen?

>Nickelback thread
>Good
Laughable

Better than Nirvana, worse than Pearl Jam

If you like then that's fine but I think it's also valid that to think they're one Of The most bland sterile bands to have mainstream success.

>Nickelback
>6/10
Doesn't that seem a bit too high? Like 5 points too high?

It's boring, bland, was overplayed... But it doesn't make me angry when I have to listen to it except when it's an awful song like Something In Your Mouth.

One of my main complaints about Nickelback is not the overproduced FL studio-style drums or the saturated sounding distorted guitars or the unnecessarily loud mixing, but Chad's fucking voice. It is so fucking annoying and always sounds like he has a huge load of cum in his mouth.

Corporations suck. I was like 13 or 14 too so I was ahead of the curve. I wasn't like an anarchist or anything I was just skeptical and critical of corporations. I think that's pretty good for my age. But like I said, as you get older you realize pretty much every artist is corporate. And corporations are an unfortunate fact of life, and like all things and there is pros and cons to them.