Artist fabricates his credentials for cheap emotional bait

>artist fabricates his credentials for cheap emotional bait
Are there any other artists like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SN-wbmWuwFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know nothing about the guy but still love that album ever since I was a kid and we played a compilation of story country songs (which included Big Iron and El Paso) on loop while on a days-long drive to visit our relatives in Mexico

what does this even mean

OP means it's emotionally dishonest. Don't even try to argue otherwise, it's just some fraud singing about things he's never actually done while appropriating actual cowboy culture at the same time.

So are all books that fall under fiction emotionally dishonest ? Are you retarded ?

it means he's lying about being a cowboy, user. How hard is that to understand?

Most rappers desu

what if he was emotional dishonest and didn't even know it. like he thought he was a cowboy for real

the difference between fiction and albums like this is that with fiction there is a clear and distinct line between what's real and what isn't. Marty Robbins is different in that he's pretending to be an actual cowboy, while never living the experience of being a cowboy.

richard dawson isn't a real peasant

highly unlikely, but still the idea gave me a laugh.
peasents aren't common nowadays. cowboy was a respected profession around the time marty was making music

>while appropriating actual cowboy culture
haha im done

>cowboy was a respected profession
lmao when in the fuck was being a cowboy a profession

You spics need to go back

did he ever claim to be a cowboy?

no, but he's always dodged the question

What the fuck do you think every song needs to be autobiographical? Dumb thread.

so all first person fiction is written by frauds?

I'm whiter than you, I'm not Mexican, just had relatives who were born there but they are all white as well

>Are there any other artists like this?

Yeah, every one of them

>I was a highwayman, along the coach roads i did ride
wtf was he lying?

are you that cowboy blackface dude?

when did he claim that he's singing about things he's done?

>while appropriating actual cowboy culture at the same time.
now please explain why this is a bad thing. you realize cultural appropriation is in most cases a good thing, right?

oh my fucking lord no he is not. have you listened to no music before?

He was actually a cowboy in a past life.

youtube.com/watch?v=SN-wbmWuwFs

They're stories, you autist.