Can we get a Star Trek Thread please?

>Can we get a Star Trek Thread please?
Also why was Dukat character development a bit of a mess? His goals were all over the place all series long.

he's great until the cave episode. Then he's full retard evil for some reason

His betrayal of the Alpha Quadrant to make Cardassia powerful again doesn't even make sense. He knows full well the Dominion had a shape shifter guiding the Klingon Empire to attack his own home world and he betrays the entire Quadrant of the galaxy to serve them.

What is your favorite Trek shot of all time and why is it the Defiant and the Rotarran joining the fleet at the end of DS9 season five?

I was hoping after his daughter was killed he would find some humility and become an ally to Sisko and the gang, perhaps down the line make amends with Garak or something to that. But instead he becomes a crazy retard.

Watching Voyager for the first time.

I thought having 2Vac Shakur as a darkie Vulcan was gonna be shit, but Tim Russ is actually breddy gud.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Yeah I like him, although something you haven't seen perhaps if you are just starting out, when he has to show emotion in character for whatever circumstance I don't really like his acting.

That's the wrong filename, you fraud.

Yeah, I just watched that mind meld ep with the murderer and him showing emotion during treatment was kinda bad.

Fun fact: That wasn't how it was originally scripted, and it ended up looking like that by accident.

>The massive final shot for this episode proved to be exceptionally popular among viewers, who felt that it really set the stage for the upcoming season. The producers however, reacted differently. According to Ira Steven Behr, "What we'd written for that scene was, 'Lots of ships, two little ships coming to join them.' But what the effects people shot was, Lots of ships, two little ships coming, turning around, joining them, and then coming back together. It went much farther than we wanted. It told the audience that we were attacking now, like, 'Okay, we're marshaling our forces and here we are to join up,' which was never the idea. That changed the entire opening to Season 6. We'd already written the opening of the first show, and René said, 'Guys, this doesn't work, because the effects people have made the audience think that something a lot bigger has happened. We have to address that.' Anyway, we changed the opening of Season 6 to have all those ships we saw in "Call to Arms" battered and beaten and leaking plasma." (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion)

Friendly reminder that Dukat sexual organs did nothing wrong

threadly reminder

Seems accurate

>He knows full well the Dominion had a shape shifter guiding the Klingon Empire
What makes you think that?

He was arrogant enough to think that he could use the Dominion and throw them away when he was done with them.

>He knows full well the Dominion had a shape shifter guiding the Klingon Empire
>What makes you think that?

because he took Sisko on the undercover mission to expose the fake Gowron (that was really the fake Martok).

He was Sisko's taxi.

>Who's the Vulcan now, bitch?

So? I think it's far more likely that he didn't know than he did know and was actively working to destroy his own people. And why would they trust Dukat with something like that before they'd even joined The Dominion, or he was even in a position to help them do that? He was on punishment detail at the time.

*has a stroke*

why didn't they just use the transporter?

Can you just go watch the episode instead of making assumptions about it, please?

I hear DS9 is best.

This true?

I personally think so, but it's better after you've already watched TOS and TNG.

TOS and TNG set up the universe, DS9 gives that universe nuance and critique.

Is that Sally (((Kohn)))?

No, that's one of the older Sup Forums memes

him being penetrated by the mine made it impossible for the older transporting systems to separate mine from man and their was a risk of a transporter energy discharge transfer to set the mine off.

Depends on if you like the idealistic Roddenberry universe of TOS and TNG, or if you prefer a more grounded and "realistic" story. If you like the latter, then you'd like DS9

I feel like my opinion isn't the best since I just finished watching it yesterday, but starting from Season 4 it's truly phenomenal. If the whole series was on par with the last 4 seasons I would say hands down it's the best.

Pic related: Someone suggested this to me and I used it while watching, although other people on Sup Forums don't really like this image.

You're the one making assumptions, and some really fucking weird ones at that. You go watch the episode, there is nothing to suggest Dukat knows the plan, there is no reason the Dominion would employ such a plan and it goes against everything Dukat ever says or does in the show.

>best option: skip nothing
>fair option: make up your own mind about what to skip
>worst option: skip what some random list tells you to skip
You picked the worst option.

A better list warns you which episodes are bad, but doesn't tell you to skip them. You have to make up your own mind about that.

Dukat didn't hear about the plan from the Dominion, he learned it from Sisko. He joined the Dominion half a year later.

it has parts that are the greatest Trek ever, but also a fair bit of boring shit t.b.h.
TNG is never as good as the best DS9 but seems more consistent in quality after season 2.

Quality is the best, but it's not conventional Trek.

Why is Dukat taking them there? Because they told him what their mission is.

Why would Dukat not know the results of their mission? It's not a secret, everybody saw it happen.

I think the writers thought he was getting too popular with the fans and wanted him to be more of a genocidal mad man than a nuanced anti-villain. Really, it's a shame because he was one of the most compelling characters on the show.

That's fair, desu I wish i had this list starting out. I didn't watch the Maquis episode and I might go back and watch them now.

>>fair option: make up your own mind about what to skip
>I didn't watch the Maquis episode
Appalling, the both of you.

>make up your own mind about what to skip
That's acceptable when rewatching a series. There are some bad episodes I'd rather not suffer through, so I skip them. I endured them long enough the first time around.

I'm dying of prostate cancer, I don't have time to watch them all before I'm too weak to even open my eyes. Just let me skip in peace, you [triggered] little shit.

In my defense I was extremely reluctant to watch DS9 after the first episode the list helped me tolerate it until it got gud.

Thank you based effects people. That looked awesome.

Nice trips btw

ded