I just marathoned the first 20 minutes of this, why is Frank Underwood playing the pope?

I just marathoned the first 20 minutes of this, why is Frank Underwood playing the pope?

A marathon is 26 minutes, nimrod. Finish it and then come back.

god that show looks so cringey

>The Young Pope is like HoC
spotted the turbo pleb

It's so tiring at this point, now we've got trolls trying to make people think he's smoking weed

Most kino TV series ever.

>Seriously Implying that the Young Pope isn't Sup Forums the Pope

Blame HBOs advertising

>Frank Underwood

Probably the most forced meme on this shit board

>Lord Almighty, now that You have our beloved Dussolier in Your arms, I pray to You, remind him of that afternoon when we ran away together from the orphanage.

>Remind him of the fear and freedom we felt on that rainy afternoon. And reassure him, there's nothing wrong, freedom and fear are always together, like an old married couple, each willing to die for the other.

>Remind him of Sister Mary at age twenty, her hair flowing and blonde and drenched in sunlight as she ran and sank baskets.

>Remind him of that indelible, archaic picture of beauty that so stirred us, in silence. Now I know very well that neither he nor I will ever forget that picture.

>Remind him, Lord Almighty, of all our endless late-night conversations, in that big one-room dormitory, under the blankets, how we whispered in secret about our one and only, inexhaustible topic of discussion: our future. We were children then, and that's what children do: they paint the future in colors that reality can never know.

>Remind him not to grieve over all our shattered dreams. We wanted to live the lives of the great baseball player, the elderly gas station attendant on the county road, the heroic soldier, the lowlife New York musician, the fireman, the blue-water sailor.

>Remind him not to weep when he remembers that instead we lived only the simple, drab life of the priest, such a strange life, a life of hope and prayer that You, Lord Almighty, really do exist and might think about us.

>Amen.

In the sense that it perfectly hits the sadness and lack of love that turns people into Sup Forums, yes.

One of three time I cried watching this, plus James Cromwell dying and Sister Mary dancing with those kids, notably the only one not listening to Lenny on the radio.

How many people tried to say sister mary was his real mother before they introduced his real parents?

They haven't introduced his real parents though. Could be a flashback, could be a dream. She might be his mother for all we know.

>Blame HBOs advertising

Show me a single ad that implies he's smoking weed

>All right, children, today we are going on tour of the Vatican Museums and I am gonna be your tour guide.
>Earlier it was snowing. Now it's raining. Too bad! Snow is so much nicer than rain, isn't it?
>But if it's raining, that can only mean you've been bad children. Why? Why? Because raindrops are the tears of Christ.
>And if Jesus is crying, that can only mean you've made him angry.
>What...
>Hey, I was just kidding, have a sense of humor, for Pete's sake!

Dammit, Lenny!

Jude Law is such a fuckin qt

No homo

I'll start watching when he calls for a crusade

*blocchi tuo percorso*

That's just trolls, but it's trolls feeding off of ignorant people who have seen the ads painting Lenny as the anti-Pope.

So at least one.

The catholic church hiring a couple hippies to pretend to drop off a, what, seven year old at an orphanage to hide the fact hes the child of one of the nuns is a little beyond ridiculous, especially considering the hippies could not have had him for long enough for him to have memories of them being his parents.

And the fact sister mary was basically setting a ground rule with the kids, stating "don't ever call me that, call me [something else]," in order to prevent the children from becoming too comfortable with her kinda proves she wasn't lenny's real mom.

>hiring a couple hippies to pretend to drop off
We don't actually know if that happened. It was all a hazy weird flashback and they later appear in weird places and in dreams and it's hard to say if they're even real or invented.

>don't ever call me that, call me [something else
She only said that to Lenny though, his bro could call her ma. If anything, that's a clue that their relationship is special.

Nope, the "brother" tried to call her sister mary, and she said, "don't ever call me that" in the same manner she said to lenny. Meaning its an introduction tactic to set boundaries with kids who try to call her "ma" or "mother" and make the kids who try to call her "sister mary" or something too formal more comfortable.

Simple child psychology shit, yo.

Sup Forums the Pope

I like

>the anti-Pope.
Are they going to give him a cruciform and then have newly elected popes murder him so they can be baptized in his blood?

>Sup Forums the pope
>not Pope John Sup Forums