"So this is how cinema dies.... to thunderous applause."

>"So this is how cinema dies.... to thunderous applause."

Deadpool getting an oscar nom bitches

>Deadpool gets the Oscar nod
>not BVS

Well. I could only put off suicide so long. Goodbye friends.

Deadpool was literally the only decent comedy this year though. It deserves some praise for that alone.

>capeshit is equivalent to musicals now

Where were you when cinema was BTFO?

We did it, lads!

*puts on shades and dances*

WUBWUBBUBUBWUBWU WUB.

WUBWUBWBUB

it got nominated for equivalent of oscar's best picture.

not gonna happen in the oscars

>Golden Globes nominations
>Writers Guild nom
>Producers Guild

I'm scared it might actually get something though.

Honestly I'm starting to think they'll throw it a Screenplay nomination...

Lala land is awful

It will get a nom, usually when a film doesn't get anything at globes, oscars tends to bring it in at least for a nod even if it doesn't win there.

>Arrival, Deadpool, Fences, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, Hidden Figures, La La Land, Lion, Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight
Is this good or bad?

I just feel like its such a weird movie to be getting awards attention.

I mean... I'm generally against capeshit being considered for high-tier categorites save for maybe The Dark Knight, but why Deadpool of all flicks? Why are voters paying so much attention to it?

You're joking right? Utterly cliché generic toilet humour for normies.

I just can't fucking believe it.

Why is Deadpool of all capeshit getting this much attention. Even Memers of the Galaxy only got a Writer's Guild nomination.

Deadpool got a writer's guild, producers guild, and two Golden Globe noms.

only 8 oscar noms, so:
>Fences, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, Hidden Figures, La La Land, Lion, Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight

I know Sup Forums subhumans can only see 'lul, so randumb xd fuck off reddit' humor in Deadpool, but actual filmmakers see in it a interesting play on traditional film makings, with subversing many tropes and cliches that are so strongly written into our subconciousness we don't even register them as such

there can be up to 10 i thought.

nigger you can't be serious.

>for normies.
Uhh, yeah? You mean people who aren't fucking weidos posting on Sup Forums? That's 99% of America famalam.

if deadpool were an emoticon, it would be lennyface

guardians of the galaxy also got two oscar and bafta nominations, but only for make-up and vfx.

>actual filmmakers

Does that include you?

what a shit year

They want RR at these events, he's buddies with all the elbow rubbers. Jake G, Tugboat, Leo etc.

Or they're sending a signal that they want a change in capeshit.

Or they think it will bring in different demo interest for their awards. People wanting to see if deadpool wins etc.

Someone probably thought football mentality would be better for ratings or something.

Who knows. I heard SAG talk for deadpool as well.

Deadpool is better than BvS, actually it was the best capeshit movie of all year, and the best one released in a long time.

Kind of makes me sad

Maybe it has to do with making a billion dollars on barely any budget compared to other capeshit. The PGA nom makes the most sense of any of them.

yeah there's a max of ten and minimum of five.

but more importantly, each academy member can only vote in five movies on their ballot. why vote in deadpool as one of those five? no respectable member would do that

you could say the same thing about all the noms its been getting user, and we're not talking nods for effects or costumes either but the big categories.

Not to mention it did all that money being an R-rated movie, and it is the most successful R-Rated movie in history.

BvS was robbed.

>750M on 50M budget
>rated R on top
Holy crap

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Oscar voters are the same people that picked Frozen over "The Wind Rises," Big Hero 6 over Song of the Sea & The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, Around the World in 80 Days over Giant, Crash over anything, etc.

Trips trump dubs, this user speaks the truth

doesn't that make for even better luck for deadpool than that they can have lower and varying taste?

writer's guild adapted screenplay nominations

sci-fi, reddit comedy, racebait, racebait, and a drama with average to bad reviews.

not to mention it made 10 more million in first week of digital release in march of 2016.

Top of DvD/home media sales. Did well during holidays, and was picked up early by HBO by almost a year.

Money has been pouring into Fox like someone opened a dam up.

Not to mention that isn't even counting merchandising and being the most searched for movie of the year.

>Plebes

oh I forgot it is almost most pirated movie of 2016.

That's what I mean.

Their taste isn't as coveted as its made out to be.

And banned on China

I actually thought it was great how well it did without china but honestly it won't help market because people are too greedy to not try and get into china's market.

Deadpool is the freshest superhero movie to come out of Hollywood since the original Superman

>average to bad reviews

Why is Sup Forums so disconnected from reality?

True high art

Logan is also going to premier in Berlin film festival, which is the first ever for a superhero flick

Fox is doing what DC thinks they're doing

>Hidden Figures is going to win to appease black people.

lol

I think it will at least get a nod for screenplay.

all day triying this stupid bait and he doesnt even recieve a (you)

I never thought of it that way but it does kind of look like that doesn't it. They're getting artsy attention and doing things differently instead of just going grimdark jesus path.

Glad to finally know the Oscars deserve no attention whatsoever

PLEASE WATCH US AGAIN WE N-NOMINATED YOUR C-CAPESHIT

Goddamn who knew Fox would be making that solo kino

Marvel fags and DCucks are looking hella stupid now lol

>holding La La Land in this much regard

REEEEEEEEEEE WHY DON'T NORMIES LIKE WHAT MY CONTRARIAN AUTISM LIKES

The three of them are shit.

that's because dumbasses went into bvs thinking it was going to be a literal WWE showdown between batman and superman and confused when they got an actual movie.
I didn't even think it was that great but the hate it received is way too much for what it is.

>Headline mentions Deadpool nomination by PGA

>bitch about La La Land's nom

Seek help

Superhero movies were meant to be standalone movies, and not chapters of cinematic universes.

Imagine if every capeshit movie were different genres and different tones and they didn't have to be related to each other.

Iron man - Sci-fi drama
Thor - Space War Fantasy
BvS - Social Dystopia Drama
Antman - Heist comedy
GotG - Space opera comedy
SS - Comedy

Ok, i have memeitis, but do people really think that BvS was a bad movie and that Deadpool deserves an Oscar?

Because if so, this is pretty much the death of cinema.

>le triggered

I don't think neither of them deserves an Oscar, but I think BvS was bad and worse than Deadpool in every aspect, except maybe photography.

>do people really think that BvS was a bad movie

Yes.

>Deadpool deserves an Oscar?

Not really.

kill yourself

Lala land is about Hollywood nostalgia and the performance arts. Its absolutely guaranteed to win the Best picture Oscar and receive adoration from the industry. Its the same reason Argo was able to win, despite just being a solid thriller. It was about Hollywood being amazing and saving the day. I am surprised more film makers haven't figured this obvious trend out yet.
If you really wanted an Oscar, you would make a movie about a jewish film maker who stops the holocaust with the power of film.

Will The Founder be this year's American Sniper.

There were dozens of excellent films released in 2016. Some were even masterpieces. Who gives a fuck if they weren't recognized by Hollywood's circlejerk?

deadpool deserves it. not only was it better than shit like la la land which barely even qualifies as a musical, or obscure stuff like manchester by the seas which i never even knew existed until the globes.
barely any budget and the most profitable and talked about movie of the year.
>bu-but capeshit!
the dark knight won oscars too

Sup Forums has really gone downhill when they can't even appreciate movies like Moonlight and La-La Land. Doesn't surprise me Deadpool is considered a terrible movie to them.

Dark Knight was a great movie mang, not just a good capeshit, The Dark Knight was an actual film.

>Who gives a fuck if they weren't recognized by Hollywood's circlejerk?
A bunch of Sup Forums crybabies.

You like some movie? Fine, go post and discuss about it.

You don't like some movies? Fine, just go and discuss movies you like and ignore threads of stuff you don't like.

It's simple logic but it seems hard to understand.

>but do people really think that BvS was a bad

More than just bad. Dangerous even. Maybe if Snyder would stop spewing his Randian cancer in his films people would be more receptive to them.

>oh wow I am a Great Man with a Great Vision but the unwashed masses won't accept me

Literally the plot to every film he makes. I bet his films would have been well received in Germany during the 30's...

HOLY SHIT

yeah you're really memer here user

Deadpool was the best movie of 2016

>cliches and tropes, how original and meta!
Memes aside, in all seriousness, deadpool had the depth of an hour and a half episode of family guy.
>lmao pop culture references!
>lmao insults at previous naysayers and directors/execs that fucked me over!
>lmao breaking the 4th wall!
>lmao """"comedy""" and "quips", but with r rated content!
It was a bad fucking movie, but excellently crafted to appeal to this current generation.

This retarded as fuck mouth breathing generation that's basically guaranteed to fund the lowering of the bar by supporting movies like this to such a level that movies like Prometheus will seem like fucking masterpieces compared to the drivel we will see shit out and lauded in the next 30 years.

>when dcfanboys let out their buttrage

thanks for missing the point

seems fairly self evident from where I'm sitting what I'm actually saying here, have you wilfully misread the post or are you just dense?

Thanks for illustrating my point my lowest common denominator friend.