Gibson going bankrupt because of niggers and wiggers listening to hip hop and rap

>gibson going bankrupt because of niggers and wiggers listening to hip hop and rap

Good

>mommy why don't you buy me a guitar that im not goimg to use..

Such is the free market.

>Caring about guitar music in 2018
What are you a time traveler

t. niggers and wiggers.

Because everyone is buying Fender

Get over it you pale ape.

>Gibson going bankrupt because they sell shit quality at high price

Other genres have always been bankrupt but you guitar fags cry when something happens to you.

Honestly this. You can blame blacks and jews all you want but gibsons are for blueslawyers senpai.

So fucking glad. Gibson just doesn't make quality anymore unless you empty your bank account. They picked a shitty manufacturer and overproduced leading to lack of quality and a waste of fucking money on their part. Fuck Gibson guitars.

>Guitar music

you can find used Gibson guitars for pretty good prices desu

No it's because there's more guitars than people in the whole world already, and with the internet people are realizing buying brand new guitars for 3 times what they sell for used is retarded

Are you sure its not anything to do with their over-inflated prices and terrible quality control?

50's and 60's Gibson products are still extremely valuable. This is what happens when you cheap out.

Good in comparison to the retail price (because the retail price is too fucking high).

lol why do i need guitar when my abletons can make a whole orchestra.
pleb shit

>thinking gibson guitars are good

i bet you masturbate to led zeppelin and spend your allowance on "transparent" overdrive pedals

Have I really been memed my whole fucking life? I tried a Gibson style shape once and it felt awful on my legs.

>realizes Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums and gets backed in a corner
>post his shitty soy meme
Right on schedule.

>beens r scary

>When everyone except the OP sucks mad dick for breakfast

>he doesn't like sucking mad dick for breakfast

Depends on the person, I guess. My Gibson SG is perfect on my legs, although that may be because my legs are super thick.

How is epiphone?

good, their guitars are fucking overpriced garbage and it's been that way for decades.

seriously tho, when is all this hip hop / rap / ultrapop crap gonna end? you can barely hear guitars in mainstream music these days.

guitar music has had 50+ years of mainstream relevance let it die
embrace new shit

>caring about mainstream music
holy shit nigger what are you doing

serious question: why does it matter if rock music is no longer the predominant musical genre? doesn't this just trim the fat from the genre and oust shitty musicians who were using the genre purely as a catapult for financial success, leaving behind people who actually want to push it in new directions?

this

Oooo such edge to say that Gibson sells low quality instruments lol. I agree that they are overpriced but low quality? What a fucking retarded thing to say.

>muh free market

They have a literal design flaw because of which the les paul headstocks have been cracking like crazy since day 1. If that's not shit quality then I don't know what is.
>inb4 muh vintage

blame niggers
blame wiggers
please don't blame the soyboys that have made guitar music shitty over the last 20 years

i'm not a nigger nor a wigger

I like this post because mommy bought me a gibson that I never used

[spoiler]i use it now[/spoiler/]

I can tell you post on /bleep/

they don't leave their thread

DUDE WHY ARE WE GOING BANKRUPT LMAO

FUCKING (C)RAP MUSIC PUTTING US OUT OF BUSINESS LOL

Who should I buy my next guitar from? Looks like Gibson is out

UPVOTE IF YOU STILL LISTEN TO REAL MUSIC LIKE BON JOVI AND ACDC
ROCK NOT DEAD \m/

Jackson, Ibanez, PRS are the only guitars worth playing

I don’t have a reaction image vomiting hard enough to express my disgust for this

116 YEARS OF INNOVATION HAHAHAHAHA

no uglier than ibanez's willy wonka candy looking shit

imagine listening to nigger screaming and thinking it is music

Just get a fucking Fender or a Squier
They actually do a good job of making guitars that are justifiable for their price, Squier's lower-end guitars are super affordable and still sound fine and you can pick up a used Mexican or Japanese Fender for like 600-700 dollars depending on what you go for. Also they're not batshit ugly

assuming you aren't playing chinkshit, Ibanez Prestige and US Jacksons are amazing guitars. Never played a bad PRS either.

I would love to hear an actual argument instead of just reaction images though.

>Remington and Gibson both going bankrupt right now
>Huge, revered names in their respective American industries
>Both went through series of corporate fuckery
>Both severely overcharging for product which has exponentially growing QC issues
>Both doing so while seriously outsourcing everything and offloading costs while making the product worse and worse

I swear the only thing that is going to save us from a cyberpunk corporatist dystopia is corporations being too stupid to know when they've got a good thing going and keep people under their thumb instead of trying to get the value of a single penny out of everything and everyone, pissing everyone off, and dying off in the process

LE RAP IS NOT REAL MUSIC LOL
RIP GIBSON ONE OF THE MOST ROCKIN GUITAR BRANDS OF ALL TIME KILLED BY MUMBLE RAP AND LIL PUMP (MOre like LIL DUMP LOL)
I WISH THEY COULD BE AROUND FOR 100 MORE YEARS SO I COULD SEE WHAT TRUELY GENIUS GUITAR THEY MAKE NEXT

>jackson

so you have nothing of value to say ;)

I seriously have no idea how they could fuck up this hard
Fender's done some equally stupid shit over the years but they've also done a pretty amazing job of updating their lineup over the years and working with Squier to put out nice-quality instruments over a wide price range
Like would it really have been that hard to just mimic exactly what they did instead of doing stupid shit like this

>weeb likes child tier max gain shredfag guitars
unsurprising

>that one poster on every thread that says “back to Sup Forums!!! We’re not racists here!“ and acts like everyone else agrees with him

fucking kek.

How the mighty have fallen

Does this mean I can pick up some gear on clearance?

I agree with him. Drop dead nazi

Fender is perfectly fine, Gibson's CEO is just a retard and thinks making garbage guitars for cheap and selling them for full price was a viable long term strategy

That's the astounding part to me. They so clearly don't care for their consumers and don't care about what they're doing that it actively seems like they're trying to kill their profits. It takes the barest modicum of care to keep it up, like you said, but they don't take it. Hell, look at video games; CD Projekt is loved by all despite being a AAA company, and it's because they're the only one that's said, basicall, "We're not going to treat you like garbage 24/7." It's astounding.

>Squier
That's another one of those confounding things. I know Epiphone isn't 100% just a budget Gibson, but once it got to the point that they were considered that and yet cost the old price of a straight up Gibson it all got kind of fucky. I don't even know why they shot up their prices so much; they weren't running out of guitar material. They were doing everything they could to lower costs. The only reasonable explanation is they were just trying to strangle everyone for more money and it's just ended up fucking them like so many others.

Hard to survive when only dads and Boomers in AC/DC cover bar bands buy your stuff

I'm a guy who actually likes Rock'n'Roll here, you may have seen my threads back in 2015 and 2016. Rock'n'Roll is the only thing I have in life, and the only thing that means anything to me, I don't even drink anymore, but I honestly don't give a shit if Gibson goes under. I mean I don't know why they think there's so many people who are going to buy their shit for 3,4,5k and upwards as far as you can imagine.

>just checked Wikipedia
>Angus Young is a Gib man
I'll be dipped.

>CD Projekt
That's actually a really good comparison lol
Look at CDPR vs. Valve, I still remember like 5 years ago when everyone was sucking Gabe Newell's cock and proclaiming that Valve was as the only "good" AAA company and now it seems like people hate them just as much as any other
It's amazing how far you can go just by not being as blatantly sloppy and greedy as your competition

fucking this
their main competitor is fender, and their $1000 range can barely compete with fender's $400 squires, and a $1500 fender is on par with a $3000 gibson

idk maybe if you're gonna overprice your guitars then don't mass produce them?

Fact.
I have a few Gibsons myself, even a 3 thousand something dollar Les Paul Custom from the early 2000s and it was brand new then, but honestly just fuck Gibson I literally hope this is the end of them.

gibson is going out of business because of their shit business practices

they've been selling $600 guitars for $2000+ for decades

I would buy a Gibson Les Paul for £1000.
But they are £1500-£1600. I don't expect them to be cheap but that isn't fair value, my Rickenbacker (at the time, they've gone up) was less than that and basically the result of a far more laborious and person-intensive production process.

Its not a big deal anyway, someone will by the brand and whatever intellectual property they have.

who gives a fuck about this gay boomer bullshit, i cant wait until they are all dead and their shitty ass music dies with them

t. LaShawn

I think it has more to do with Gibson having a business model that wasn't sustainable, and bad quality control. Business booms and they think it will last forever not realizing that musical trends ebb and flow. That and why pay for a full priced Les Paul when you can buy a well taken care of used one for much cheaper on Reverb?

/thread

Gibson a shite
Fender has always been superior

>tfw nobody will ever buy your les paul studio for enough to buy a jazzmaster with

Underageb& memerap worshipper detected.

>Bought a Squier VM Jazzmaster for 300 dollars
>Later sold it and bought a Japanese JM for 650
>Literally my favorite thing I own at this point
I really hate feeling like I'm hyping up any big multimillion dollar company but Fender really has done a great job of making guitars that are both nice-looking and nice-sounding and also aren't super expensive
Browse Craigslist for deals on them, there are a lot of levels/variations on the JM out there but really as long as you don't get one of the Indonesian shitplank ones (I don't even think they make a JM model of these desu) you're likely to end up with a solid instrument

unironically this. Their instruments became pretty shit over the last one and a half decades + a friend of mine works for one of the largest music stores in europe in the purchasing department and according to him the whole company is pure cancer.

but i don’t want chinkshit
nothing against chinkshit, my saxophone is chinkshit, albeit $4000 chinkshit

i want burgershit, used burgershit at least

imo unless you're a paid studio musician or some other kind of expert there is really no reason to spend the money on an American Fender when you could get a Japanese one for way less money. Japanese Fenders are the second-tier down and they sound close enough for 95 percent of users
I'm basing this on a lot of testimonials plus my own experience playing them side-by-side in the store
If you really want an American one for cheap tho then try Reverb I guess

>caring about guitar music in 2018

fucking lmao

this truly.

yeah, son. the majority of the people in the thread are wrong about their own board, and your confused just-fell-off-the-turnip-truck-ass is correct.

yeah I’m definitely not good enough to justify buying a brand new american fender but I don’t mind buying used, all the jap ones I see on reverb are pretty much the same price give or take $100

Ooh, not just one, but two underageb& memerap worshippers! How are you doing?

i'm sorry your dad works for gibson. He'll find a job riding dicks soon enough.

Go back to Sup Forums edgey 15 yr old white kid

I'm doing great since I don't listen to dying dadrock guitar music. You seem incredibly asshurt though

That fucking sucks. I don’t think any of the mainstream brands have great stuff to offer. My friend had a fender tele bass and it played like nothing I’ve ever experienced but was pretty heavy. It was like a magical bass. Maybe if these companies go back to their roots and start producing at the quality and style that made them famous to begin with? Like just make these old vintage guitars exactly to spec? I wouldn’t buy a precision bass now because I consider them overpriced crap at this point. The materials and everything matter. Once you start cheapening the product and slimming it down...as far as instruments go...you may not get the sound you want.

>giving a shit about some guitar company that is still riding their ideas from 60 years ago
I'm playing guitar and bass for almost15 years by now and couldn't care less if Gibson disappears tomorrow

Page recorded most of their albums with a Fender, though.

You sound new to Sup Forums if you think that this type of poster is what constitutes an edgy teenager