KURT COBAIN ON THOM YORKE

I hate Thom Yorke physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on Pablo Honey is therapeutic.

That was Noel Gallagher.

no it was Orson Welles talking about Woody Allen

Sauce for this please

see

Cobain was not articulate enough to say this

Were they even both around at the same time? I forget when Cobain died and Radiohead started.

it's honestly kind of weird that the only way he probably even knew of them was as some mediocre band that put creep, he probably would've fw ok computer and shit though

Nice Noel Gallagher quote I'll raise you one Reznor reaction.

>cobains opinion on thome yorke:

I think thome yorke libido mosquito doll steak ape stick positive negative champion trampoline rapist

>more from cobain
my general complaint with humanity is just like how everythings facelift color blind comotose solar burn tumeric tumor turn something about rape again

ELECTIONEER MY FINAL MONOXIDE BREATH PRETTY HOT COFFEE POT NOTHING AT ALL AT ALL WHAT THE HELL ARE MY GLASS HOUSES BURNING BLACK HOLE IN COVENTRY THIS IS FUCKED UP

>ELECTIONEER
>cobain on politics
things should be different if people like me were aloud to really do something about it. nevermind my millions of dollars I can;t donate towards anything I got a family of addictions to feed

Based Noel thread?

>"The fucking Strokes? A fucking joke, simple as that. Julian Casablancas is nothing more than a paid primadonna pretending to live in 70s New York on daddy's money. I barely consider them a rock band. That would be an insult to rock bands to called them that. There is not a single ounce of thrill or excitement in any of them. Literally any band can do better. Even, a fucking band like The B-52s hits harder than them. A fucking toddler banging on pots and pans can hit harder than them. It's a fucking joke, man."

As another user mentioned, Kurt would’ve only been aware of “Creep”. Anyways, I was always curious of Kurt’s thoughts on other 90s bands, scenes, etc. Like, I wonder if he was aware of Shoegaze for instance and if he was a MBV fan or something.

>all these anons thinking this was actually a Noel quote
MUAH

>“I don’t stream music. If I want it, I’ll buy it,” Gallagher said. “I don’t need access to 3 billion shit tunes. Someone tried to sell me Spotify once and I was like, ‘Why would I want the entire fucking catalogue of the Kaiser Chiefs? Why would I want access to that? Why would I want a load of fucking live gigs by the Foo Fighters?’ I wouldn’t have it in the house, so why would I want it on my phone?”

>In the same interview, Gallagher also responded to brother Liam calling him a “potato.”

>“That’s so unlike him,” Gallagher quipped. I guess it was about him staying relevant. If you’re him, what else is there to tweet about? How his spring/summer collections are doing for his clothing firm? I’m not sure that warrants a tweet. Should he ever climb out of the ‘where are they now’ basket and grant you an interview, ask him. I’m sure you’ll get a typically fucking surreal answer.”

a pretty anemic mark e smith

>I go back to this: Fame is fucking wasted on these people. The new generation of rock stars, when have they ever said anything that made you laugh? When have they ever said anything you remember? People say, ‘They’re interesting.’ Interesting! That’s a word that’s crept in to music: ‘Yeah, man. Have you heard the new Skrillex record?’ ‘No.’ ‘Yeah, man. It’s really interesting.’ I don’t want interesting! Rock ‘n’ roll’s not about that. To me, it’s about fucking utter gobshites just being fucking headcases. Well, not headcases. But what I want, genuinely, is somebody with a fucking drug habit, who’s not Pete Doherty. Do you know what I mean?
this is classic Noel

Here's an article about Radiohead and Kurt. Apparently Thom called Courtney fat and ugly and Kurt didn't like that too much.

>I wonder if he was aware of Shoegaze for instance and if he was a MBV fan or something.
Shit, that would've been awesome desu. Kurt used to hate almost everything so he might had mixed thoughts about it or something, we will never know unfortunately.

He was a big fan of the C86 scene at the time. If he was aware of it, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say he liked shoegaze. His taste was a lot more varied than people realize.

>Kurt's only impression of Thom was that he was an edgy twat that released Creep
I think Kurt was one of Thom's idols at the time too. Wew, I wonder if this bothers him.