What idea is Snyder trying to convey to the audience with this shot?

What idea is Snyder trying to convey to the audience with this shot?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Siegel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Shuster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Finger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kane
youtube.com/watch?v=cHTv_oEfBow
youtube.com/watch?v=KuwNhed4ObU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

T-Pose. The movie was unfinished.

Batman v Superman is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Man of Steel, Snyder's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as Eisenberg's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of capekino. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Snyder is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to greenscreen rooms in search of a better shot, the American counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

That he's a fucking hack.

Super mans name starts with S not T

Man of Feels is prety damn underrated desu

How should you float into space?

It's not an S

float? All the scientist on the discovery channel told me you are falling while in space not floating.

WOW SNYDER SO DEEP

HE'S POSED LIKE JESUS WAS ON THE CROSS!

HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF TO SAVE HUMANITY LIKE JESUS DID.

MARVEL BTFO TO STUPID TOO UNDERSTAND SNYDERS VISIONS

>he actually is too stupid to get it

>make a post that clearly shows i get it
>y-you don't get it!

>Reddit Letter Media

Nigga on Earf its an S.

>Subtle references and allegories cause Marvel fans to short circuit

Seems about right

threadly reminder

>subtle
>superman literally posed like he's being crucified
Yes.

You see the difference between you and I: I see this and it's thrown into my face. You see it, and think it's nuanced because you aren't very smart. Jesus is probably the most well-known character in the Western world. To think this scene had any subtly to it is a sign of low-intelligence.

I don't care what critics and tvtards say. Christian symbolism in story about Superman is great. I don't know if it was done in comics before, but what Snyder did with Superman, that's astonishing. I basically didn't give a single fuck about invincible flying guy wearing red pants until I watched Man of Steel.

>he's doubling down on his "jesus on the cross" interpretation

This is going to be a fun thread

Another sign of low intelligence.

Crucifixion refers to the method that Jesus was killed. I am not doubling down. I was saying it in a different way which somehow confused you (because you aren't smart).

This entire scene is LOL SUPERMAN IS JESUS. It isn't subtle.

So what you're telling us that you and him see the same thing but for reasons unknown you are smarter?

>I don't know if it was done in comics before

No. We see the same thing but he thinks he's clever for "getting it". I roll my eyes because it's so obvious yet Snyder keeps doing it non-stop.

Snyder is a reactionary hack that read too much Ayn Rand in college. Fuck him and his anti-intellectual trash films.

Hint- Superman has superpowers.

can you tell me with absolute certainty that this scene has not been altered in any way?

>I am not doubling down. I was saying it in a different way

Saying the same thing in a different way is doubling down, my friend.

Yeah, I don't read comics actually.

wew

>5 - 2 = 3
Prove it!
>2 + 3 = 5
s-stop doubling down!

Just kys you stupid imbecile.

Go back to your containment .

No, idiot.

Doubling down is redacting or downplaying a statement.

That film was so powerful. I usually don't care for Superhero movies so I went in with very low expectations and came out the most stunned I've been since I watched Au Hasard Balthazar for the first time. Snyder is a master of his craft.

You guys do realize that the Superman & Batman characters were created by Jews.

Jewish creators of Superman, according to Wikipedia:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Siegel
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Shuster

Jewish creators of Batman, according to Wikipedia:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Finger
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kane

Same thing goes for most DC & Marvel most popular characters .

jesus fucking christ

too bad zod didnt have horns and a pitchfork

can anyone confirm that?

How about you check the articles and their citations yourself you fucking lazy nigger?

>literally samefagging to double down on an incorrect interpretation of the phrase "doubling down"

w e w

Sup Forumsack here and what the fuck do i do now with my life?
even my favorite superheroes are tainted by (((them)))

>he thinks he gets it

So if you're going to use that definition of the word, please explain to me how I am wrong about this interpretation?

TOPKEK

Not an argument. Explain to me how I am wrong.

>thinks Im a samefag

Also the other user was not getting more resolute and tenacious, you are.

Zod wasn't a devil. And come to think there wasn't that much Christian symbolism in MoS.

You think people think that is deep, proving you don't actually get it.

if i recall correctly, jesus himself was a jewish rabbi

I guess that his arms still had forward momentum while the rest of his body came to a stop at zero G.

Wrong. I only think idiots think it is deep. I don't consider it deep and I don't think the average person considers it deep.

We consider it constantly thrown into your face and annoying. Completely lacking nuance.

Where's your argument, btw?

The role of the saviour mostly, besides that there isn't anything except for visual analogies that I'm sure came from Zack's favourite paintings, more than christiany itself

>Completely lacking nuance.
Proving you don't get it. You unironically think you're meant to be impressed with it

>that definition
The only definition

And no, I'm going to let you scrabble away in your wrongness. It's like agriculture, if I tell you what the frame means now (and how it fits into the overall theme of the film) I won't get to kek at your indignant ignorance for the rest of the thread. I need to nurture and sustain your hotheadedness for maximum keks.

>the other user was not getting more resolute and tenacious

He was repeating and elaborating upon his assertion

It's weird, it's almost as if I'm speaking to someone for whom english is not a first language

>Where's your argument, btw?
you're a cuck

No. I just think it's insulting and annoying to keep throwing it in your face. Stop strawmanning my arguments.

>y-you just don't get it!
Explain it to me then.

should Disney/Marvel let Snyder direct one of their movies? I think it would be pretty kino

>you're wrong but I won't explain to you why
Typical.

>spoonfeed me so I can pretend to have understood it
why don't you tell me the purpose of it first?

Can someone answer me why you guys shit on MoS so much for its christian imagery when the original Superman movie and Superman Returns have it worse?

The christ imagery is clear as day.

Now tell me why I'm wrong and how it's not suppose to be christ imagery it's suppose to be [insert bullshit here].

I can smell your frustration user

it nourishes me

In his planet, the T means S.

>it's not about jesus I swear!

>Now tell me why I'm wrong and how it's not suppose to be christ imagery it's suppose to be [insert bullshit here].
What did you think Superman's inner conflict in BvS was about?

ITT:Autists
>muh nuance!

Not everything has to be nuanced kids. He's literally a God among men, the Christ allusions are more than apt.

This is a MoS thread and we're talking about OP's pic which is from MoS. No reason to bring up BvS. Nice try with the red herring though.

Op pic is from BvS.

Sure. You don't need nuance. If you want to outright tell your audience then go ahead. But don't reap it the entire fucking movie over and over. That defeats the purpose of being obvious.

Wrong. It's from MoS.

DCucks don't even know their own movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=cHTv_oEfBow

No, it's from MoS, the end of the scene on Zod's ship in orbit whe Clark drifts away from the ship to catch Lois' damaged life pod

B T F O
T
F
O

>He was repeating and elaborating upon his assertion
So are you

Man it just keeps getting worse and worse for DCucks

most Marvel charachters were created by Jews too

Sure, but my assertion is that user was doubling down, and my assertion proved to be correct. There's nothing wrong with doubling down on a correct assertion user.

Good thing his assertion was correct then.

Nah, it was fundamentally flawed, and based on a very shallow interpretation of the visuals with which he was presented.

It's TOTALLY not about Jesus, guise! You just don't get it.

That's comparative frame composition, not correlative

Explain.

>No reason to bring up BvS
Yet again proving you don't get it.

What do you think Lex Luthor's motivations were in BvS?

Not about Jesus, I swear!

>discussing MoS imagery
>brings up BvS
I'll bite. Could it be that Lex wants to kill God, like he said?

"if man won't kill god the devil will do it"
Probably not. I guess I just don't get it.

>defending a cash-in movie for kids directed by a studio yes man

Yeesh.

>Could it be that Lex wants to kill God, like he said?
Lex wanted to kill the illusion of Superman being God

what are your thoughts regarding this:

no

Wasn't that the plot of 300?

wait a second here
i wrote this for the revenant

he also has the "touching god" pose when he was dead in space

By literally killing God, like he said. See, an actual God couldn't be killed. It's not deep, especially when he says it in a god damn trailer.

Doesn't surprise me.

/thread

go to bed Armond

>By literally killing God
That wasn't even his original plan though. As I said he wanted to kill the illusion of Supes being God.

The quote I used was after that user.

If you think Lex's motivations are "deep, when he regularly vocalizes them and they're straight from his characters in the cartoons and comics, then that's just another sign of low intelligence.

>The quote I used was after that user.
okay?

I never said he was deep, but seeing as you misunderstand the blatant subtext to the religious imagery in these stories your word isn't worth very much.

There we go again with "y-you don't get it!" without explaining anything contrary.

I'm sorry you think you're intelligent for being able to read words on a statue.

DELET

So why is that subtext bad then?

Because it's shoved in your face over and over.

You know what good subtext is, and I'll use your movie as an example of how Snyder can actually be competent:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuwNhed4ObU
In his tangent over Superman being a lie he says this:
>No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abomination.

Then, when Lex creates Doomsday, that abomination tries to kill Lex but Superman intervenes and saves him. Very subtle and nuanced.

Now compare that to pic related being blasted left and right. Don't forget, also, the person I was originally talking to, said that these were "Subtle references". So any complaint about me talking shit about them being obvious not subtle should be directed to the user who made that ridiculous notion.

DEL

not him but i saw this in theater and audibly said "wow those look like penises"

Remember when you totally missed the prometheus motivation of lex and how that defined the creation of his own modern Adam making lex another Victor?

Yeah you didn't get it